PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   Thanking the Creator.......... (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/thanking-creator-22260/)

Furiously-Fancy 09-07-2004 11:32 AM

Thanking the Creator..........

It seems like there's not a day that goes by where I'm not thanking the Creator for something. I guess one true barometer that would indicate how thankful we are for the blessings in our lives, would be imagining what life would be like without certain blessings. I think I would be pretty miserable if I couldn't dance or sing. What are you thankful for??

Kakeeya 09-07-2004 11:37 AM

Ditto those sentiments FF!
I'm thankful for all the blessings in my life, like my granddaughter and her good health and happiness. Much much more to be thankful for but I won't get carried away here. :)

Furiously-Fancy 09-07-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakeeya
Ditto those sentiments FF!
I'm thankful for all the blessings in my life, like my granddaughter and her good health and happiness. Much much more to be thankful for but I won't get carried away here. :)

You can get carried away if you want to.....that's what this thread is for!!

Furiously-Fancy 09-08-2004 02:31 PM

Where are all the thankful ones? Someone complained about the negative nature of my other thread, "What gets on your nerves?" I felt guilty and started this thread. Come on all you good people, let's show our gratitude!

CandaePrincess 09-08-2004 02:36 PM

K I'll go!!! *L* I'm really thankful for such a great family. I am grateful for a mom who had to know where I was at all times, who wanted to know who I would be with, what time to expect me home, and waiting for me when I got home! It was SOOOOOO annoying back then...but now I realize what a great parent she was and how much she sacraficed raising me on her own. I had wonderful grandparents and I have a great Uncle who's my good friend as well as family.

I am also luck to have a wonderful husband who I'm sure everyone is sick of reading about!!!! *L* I realize...you gotta quit trying to find the right person.....when you quit looking....and start living your own life.....they'll come along! :)

THERE!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, I'm love my puppies too......even though they're JUST A MESS!!!!

Okay pws.commers....I know SOMEBUNNY else besides me has lots to be thankful for!!!!!!!!!!! THANKSGIVING IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!!! AND SO IS SANTA>......and he's watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furiously-Fancy 09-17-2004 02:16 PM

I'm thankful for my new truck!

Thumper 09-17-2004 02:20 PM

i'm thankful that i can run again.... i had a back injury for over a year. i'm thankful i'm ndn...lol

Miss_Nish 09-17-2004 02:29 PM

So.. I'm thankful to have found a new place... AND that I will be leaving my appartment!! No more awful.. evil neighbours that take up my parking space!!

I'm thankful that I have a good family... and good friends.
I'm thankful for all my nieces and nephews... they're lil' buggers.. but they're cute lil' buggers!!

Thumper 09-17-2004 02:31 PM

my family too, of course. just thought that i should throw that in as well.

Kakeeya 09-17-2004 02:32 PM

I'm thankful that the Creator made me NDN

I'm thankful that there are elders around to teach us and guide us.

I'm thankful for my life path and the decision to walk and live a good clean life, this includes no drugs or alcohol.

I'm thankful for coffee :Chatter

Furiously-Fancy 09-17-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper
i'm thankful that i can run again.... i had a back injury for over a year. i'm thankful i'm ndn...lol

I can relate to that. I was in the fire wood biz for a couple of years and threw my back out. I'll never forget wake'n up on Christmas morning........that was the greatest pain I've felt in my entire life.
I love to run too......that must've been tuff!

Miss_Nish 09-17-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Definately!!

wyo_rose 09-17-2004 02:49 PM

I'm very thankful for my family, for my mom for not giving up on me, for my kids growing up FINALLY and not being too screwed up, and especially for my sweet little grandbabies.

I'm also thankful for the creator making me who I am and helping me overcome low selfesteem. I'm thankful for a few really good friends and lots of other good friends. I'm thankful for my new position, for finally having a good car, for getting my credit cards paid off, and for being able to go to as many Chris Cagle concerts as I can! :p

I'm also thankful for Furiously-Fancy paying me when the orders are done!:lol:

Furiously-Fancy 09-17-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

I'm thankful that there are elders around to teach us and guide us.

I'm thankful for my life path and the decision to walk and live a good clean life, this includes no drugs or alcohol.

I'm thankful for coffee :Chatter

Me too......except for the coffee part!

Furiously-Fancy 09-17-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose
I'm very thankful for my family, for my mom for not giving up on me, for my kids growing up FINALLY and not being too screwed up, and especially for my sweet little grandbabies.

I'm also thankful for the creator making me who I am and helping me overcome low selfesteem. I'm thankful for a few really good friends and lots of other good friends. I'm thankful for my new position, for finally having a good car, for getting my credit cards paid off, and for being able to go to as many Chris Cagle concerts as I can! :p

I'm also thankful for Furiously-Fancy paying me when the orders are done!:lol:

I'm thankful for an awesome seamstress like WYO Rose. BTW when are those star quilts gonnna be done??

ojibwaywmn 09-17-2004 03:21 PM

Gratitude..

The past year has been trying in terms of romantic relationships and friendships. These experiences have taught me more about myself, so it is good.

Anywho, with that...I am thankful for my family. For always being there when I needed someone to talk to, or help me out in a jam.

Being converted to permanent employee status rather than term the past 3.5 years. Job security.

All the people who have helped me get my Jingle Dress outfit together when I FINALLY decided to dance this year. I have always wanted to dance and would find some sort of excuse not to make the commitment. Once I took plunge, the dresses, feathers, advice came easily.

Being able to have university costs covered by my band. I can start working towards my degree.

There are a lot of things but those are the ones that are in my head right now. :D

kiyaanii mom 09-17-2004 03:52 PM

I'm thankful for my parents who made sure to teach me the Navajo way. And to show me a world of diverse people.

I'm thankful for my wonderful and loving husband who takes care of me and the kids the best he can.

I'm thankful that my beautiful children are healthy, kind and giving. I hope they always follow the good path or know how to get back to it.

I'm thankful for my grandparents who were loving teachers and gave unconditional support.

I'm thankful for my job, which gives me the power to do the things in life that I love.

I'm thankful for my sisters who always keep me grounded. And to all my aunties who respect the adult I have become.

I'm thankful for my dear friends who keep me standing when times are tough.

I'm thankful for the holy people who give me strength and happiness.

CarMae 09-17-2004 06:30 PM

This is such a good thread....The thing that i'm most thankful for is my family. They have always been there for me. And they never miss an important part in my life and I can always go to them for advise or anything that I need to know. And for them, i'm forever grateful.

Medievalbelle 09-17-2004 07:52 PM

Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed Information has been removed

step_2_da_side 09-20-2004 12:20 AM

:Thinking ... it's only September and we're already giving thanks??? lol jk I agree that you should be thankful EVERYDAY :D

I thank the creator for being blessed with awesome parents; for the huge, loving family that I have; for my friends and having them in my life; for the ability to dance jingle; definitely in appreciation for all the other gifts bestowed upon me and those I love and of course, for well-being.

y'all had some awesome remarks also :Thumbs