PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chit Chat (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/)
-   -   things that make you go hmmmmmm (http://forums.powwows.com/f34/things-make-you-go-hmmmmmm-24233/)

nt_inuk 01-05-2005 05:05 PM

things that make you go hmmmmmm

just sitting here wondering what things that make you go hmmmmm:

today, for me it is .... "how come shorter fellas like long legged woman?"

lol

WhoMe 01-05-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nt_inuk
just sitting here wondering what things that make you go hmmmmm:

__

nt_inuk:

Geez there are so many things people say - and actually believe here on powwows.com - that make me go hmmmmm? They are too numerous to mention. *L

nt_inuk 01-05-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoMe
__ nt_inuk: Geez there are so many things people say - and actually believe here on powwows.com - that make me go hmmmmm? They are too numerous to mention. *L

okay, fair enuff Who ...
So then, answer my hmmmmmmmmmm
:teeth_smi

Kakeeya 01-05-2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoMe
__

nt_inuk:

Geez there are so many things people say - and actually believe here on powwows.com - that make me go hmmmmm? They are too numerous to mention. *L

Yeah WhoMe....
I was saying hmmmmmm when I read your modern taboos list. :lol:

drinkingfromysaucer2 01-06-2005 12:06 AM

hmmm... boiling point....

i asked for hot tea and the waiter was like "what kind" and showed me the menu. "earl grey, please" after receiving the teapot & dunking the tea bag i noticed he brought "calm" tea...huh? why'd he serve me Peter Rabbit tea? after discussing that maybe this is mtv's boiling point hidden camera or something, he finally brought the "earl grey" tea, teapot, and new cup...he tried to make up for it my bringing me extra boiling water in the new cup. (insert laughter from our table here :gatherin: )

middle of the sky 01-06-2005 12:13 AM

women that over bleach their hair ....and then when its native women instead of hhhmmmm that makes me go "yikes".

badmaninc 01-06-2005 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by middle of the sky
women that over bleach their hair ....and then when its native women instead of hhhmmmm that makes me go "yikes".

Got an uncle who hates that. He has grandsons who are 21-22ish, they have dark black hair and they bleached their heads platinum. My uncle asked them why they were ashamed of being ndns. My uncle is in his 60's and he was really upset with them. Didn't even want them to come into his house for a few days. My cousin, the boys dad, explained to him that it was just a fad and all kids are doing this. My uncle said if he wanted blonde grandchildren, he would've fooled around on his wife. He eventually got over it but still doesn't like the blonde hairdo on ndns. I told him that me and my cousin are going to do that and then hug him real lots at our family powwow. told him we would also dance in the wannabe dance to honour him. He didn't think it was funny and almost started swearing at us. He is a very proper man and I don't think I have ever heard him swear. Don't think I will push this one. If I get in trouble I will tell everybody, that MOTS and 1ndnchic put me up to it. And BEGs was egging them on.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 01-06-2005 01:43 AM

Well i dont care for the blond ndn hair *ON GUYS OR CHICKS* either...but then i dont like the "braids" ...u know what kind im talkin about right?...Medusa style...lol...Jamacian tourist...just my opinion....dont hit me:rofl:

.::.~Shy1~.::. 01-06-2005 01:52 AM

One Out of Many

That would be the way that girls seem to hate on each other for crazy reasons.......
Thas why I choose to have more guy friends than girl friends.....Less Drama....:lol:

badmaninc 01-06-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shy1
That would be the way that girls seem to hate on each other for crazy reasons.......
Thas why I choose to have more guy friends than girl friends.....Less Drama....:lol:

I once heard some real good advice from an old man once and to paraphrase You can't be friends with the opposite sex. You can be friends with alcohol and you can be friends with your pet, if you try to be friends with the opposite sex, you will end up drunk kissing your dog.

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 01-06-2005 02:26 AM

:rofl:...err....i agree....kinda...lol

nt_inuk 01-06-2005 10:26 AM

GM ppl

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmaninc
I once heard some real good advice from an old man once and to paraphrase You can't be friends with the opposite sex. You can be friends with alcohol and you can be friends with your pet, if you try to be friends with the opposite sex, you will end up drunk kissing your dog.

LMEBO ... Goot one badmaninc

this1ndnchic 01-06-2005 11:28 AM

lol hey......leave me outta this. jk....but have you noticed when women put makeup on they open there mouth? haha really odd things people notice..

wyo_rose 01-06-2005 11:30 AM

Why O Why did I look at this boy on the playground in 5th grade and say out loud, "I like bad boys." And that's been my trouble ever since. JOKES :daz:

I'm still going hmmmm.....

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 01-06-2005 11:35 AM

HAHA...me too Wyo meee tooo, all my ex b/f throughout my school years were the bad boys....actually ony 1 of them made it to grad....:rofl:

nt_inuk 01-06-2005 11:36 AM

ooooooooooooooooooor

Quote:

Originally Posted by this1ndnchic
lol hey......leave me outta this. jk....but have you noticed when women put makeup on they open there mouth? haha really odd things people notice..

fellas ... gotta move their mouth when they are cutting with scissors .... hmmmmmmmmmmm

this1ndnchic 01-06-2005 11:37 AM

gooooooood mornin BEGS!

nt_inuk 01-06-2005 11:40 AM

that's one of the biggest, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm's

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo_rose
Why O Why did I look at this boy on the playground in 5th grade and say out loud, "I like bad boys." And that's been my trouble ever since. JOKES :daz:

I'm still going hmmmm.....

:daz:

*Brown Eyed Gurl* 01-06-2005 11:41 AM

:hello:

Good Morning to you toooooooo:rofl:

wyo_rose 01-06-2005 12:04 PM

OMG! I think my first ex-husband was the only one to graduate HS!! My ex-fiance - no. My 2nd ex-husband - no. My last two boyfriends - no. ACK!!

Dare I ask my new snag?:lol: