Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Things that make you want to pull your hair out..... Things that make you want to pull your hair out.....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
coastee is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Things that make you want to pull your hair out.....

okay, tell me what you think and if you have any stories I would love to hear them. I went to a meeting today on human relations in the workplace. We talking about curltural awareness month. somebody mentioned native american cultural awareness month and what kind of event we could have, I was sitting next this girl who spoke up and said " we could invite somebody from the local tribe here to speak, and they could wear those FEATHER THINGS." I just looked at her and I so badly wanted to just smack her, but instead I just politely said that she shouldn't say things like that. This is the part that gets me, she remarked " I'm Indian." Oh my gosh it was all I could do to keep myself from jumping out my seat and beating the crap out of her. Since I'm an adult, that would have been inappropriate so I said, " You must not be very indian since you don't know what your talking about."
My point is this, If you don't know what your talking about then for crying out loud DON'T claim that you are indian.
coastee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,162.00
Savings: 569.25
*thumping the desk enthusiastically*** AMEN!!!!!!!

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
DeusExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2005, 06:08 PM   #3
Little Wildcat

Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 303.13
amen!!!!!!!!!

one of my coworkers does that. i told her i went to a powwow and she said "isnt that where native people go around naked smoking dope?" then she goes around sayin that shes "indian".
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

-Tecumseh
Usdigvhi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
Oh My Lawd!!!

I would just love to bring those city people to the rez and show them what being "indian" is!!!!!!!! Shheesh! Some people are so ignorant!
**First Lady** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2005, 01:47 AM   #5
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Savings: 1.00
lol
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #6
Little Wildcat

Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 303.13
i wonder what it feels like to be stupid...ive always wondered that.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

-Tecumseh
Usdigvhi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #7
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,654.90
I get people like that every day. I hear stories of how people can assume to be Indian because they have the high cheekbones and the dark color. I'm like, "what?" Then I explain that there are over 500 tribes in US and Canada, and not everyone has the same look. There are other things people say, but it would take all day to tell 'em.

Last edited by ac_miss; 03-18-2005 at 04:24 PM..
ac_miss is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #8
Senior Dancer

kitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond reputekitchemanitou has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Tawow

people who think we still live in teepees and hunt buffalo!
I recently met a family on the greyhound bus from england and they thought we still lived in teepees. they actually stared outside looking for teepees & buffako so i had to explain it to them. i thought it would be kind of cool that we did live in modern teepees & hunted modern buffalo!
kitchemanitou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #9
n/a

Brisa26 is a splendid one to beholdBrisa26 is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by Brisa26; 04-13-2008 at 04:12 PM..
Brisa26 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 02:26 AM   #10
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
LMAO @chinese mexican
"yes, I'd like a mooshoo taco and some jalapeno eggrolls"

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:29 AM   #11
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisa26
I once had someone ask me if I was from asia, when I replied "no I'm native, from mexico city" he said "ohhh, so you're chinese mexican?" ...made me wanna laugh and knock some sence into him all at the same time *shakes head*

I was just picturing this and couldn't stop laughing. Made me think though you would be really well represented at food fairs in malls. You would be rich. Put refried beans in the fried rice, now that would be a cool combination.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-2005, 11:22 AM   #12
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
LMAO @chinese mexican
"yes, I'd like a mooshoo taco and some jalapeno eggrolls"
LMAO

*high five*
that's a goot 1
Old 03-23-2005, 06:45 PM   #13
n/a

Brisa26 is a splendid one to beholdBrisa26 is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by Brisa26; 04-13-2008 at 04:10 PM..
Brisa26 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2005, 06:47 PM   #14
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

interest rates.......'nuff said!

gasoline prices.....'nuff said!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:16 PM   #15
Divine Scientific Genius

men...'nuff said.

Old 03-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #16
~*Coastal Steps*~

this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
It just amazes me on how ignorant some people are..jjeeeeezzz even some of "indians" lol...well yeah just the other day we were studying native american literature and there was a chief well a picture of one and this kid made a comment " i thought all chiefs were fat" i told him thats like saying " i though all white people were albino" haha but yeah jeez..yeah people tsk tsk..yeah i got heated but yeah....
Old 03-28-2005, 08:22 PM   #17
Divine Scientific Genius

Lmao!

Old 05-25-2005, 01:34 AM   #18
Longrifle

longrifle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastee
okay, tell me what you think and if you have any stories I would love to hear them. I went to a meeting today on human relations in the workplace. We talking about curltural awareness month. somebody mentioned native american cultural awareness month and what kind of event we could have, I was sitting next this girl who spoke up and said " we could invite somebody from the local tribe here to speak, and they could wear those FEATHER THINGS." I just looked at her and I so badly wanted to just smack her, but instead I just politely said that she shouldn't say things like that. This is the part that gets me, she remarked " I'm Indian." Oh my gosh it was all I could do to keep myself from jumping out my seat and beating the crap out of her. Since I'm an adult, that would have been inappropriate so I said, " You must not be very indian since you don't know what your talking about."
My point is this, If you don't know what your talking about then for crying out loud DON'T claim that you are indian.
I have a question. If a white guy like me was interested in native culture,witch I am. Where would I go for such information. I live In Alaska and our Native culture here is not that of the lower 48. I know what the problem is I think , the Russian and the Americans brought to much poision to this land and now the young have no time or will for the traditions of the past. Can you help me on a good path..If any one is would like to e-mail me please do so. johnsonbrentlee@yahoo.com

Last edited by longrifle; 05-25-2005 at 01:38 AM..
longrifle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-25-2005, 03:22 AM   #19
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Quote:
Originally Posted by longrifle
I have a question. If a white guy like me was interested in native culture,witch I am. Where would I go for such information. I live In Alaska and our Native culture here is not that of the lower 48. I know what the problem is I think , the Russian and the Americans brought to much poision to this land and now the young have no time or will for the traditions of the past. Can you help me on a good path..If any one is would like to e-mail me please do so. johnsonbrentlee@yahoo.com
Well yeah.. that WAS one of the main problems but I love how hard the people here are working at getting back and or preserving the cultures here.. this state is rich with it!

You want to be on a good path.. then simply do what's right. You don't have to follow ndn traditions or ways to make right choices in your life or to live a good one. If it's just a general interest in our cultures and not trying to find that "spiritual" path.. then just read here... there's plenty of people who share aspects of their culture, stories and such.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #20
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
What makes me pull my hair out:
1.Men
2.Kids
3.Phones

And any and all combinations of the above.