Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat "....try to get a mini series going." "....try to get a mini series going."

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Stirbaby is on a distinguished road
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
"....try to get a mini series going."

"A friend of my man's best friend, was Production Manager to Dream Keeper. I told her about Powwows.Com, eneho she was excited about the positive outcome of the show.
well they said that if they get enough feed back they would love to try to get a mini series going."
Well, that is such a good idea that we shall take upon ourselves, we the powwoww.commies, to develope a online promotion to encourage a real native american serries for TV.
It would serve all our interest.
It would show a light for the lost mixed bloods to find their way back to us.
It may be a key to uniting our people, and the return of the Great Spirit.
First, lets get you signed up .
I think a group of ten to put a plan together, something that the several hundred daily posters could participate in.
Needs to be something simple, and would promote the need and market for a serries.
We can develope a plan, and act on it withing 10 days.
Sounds cool to me.
We have some great people here and together we can get DREAMKEEPER in the red!"....try to get a mini series going."

Last edited by Stirbaby; 01-01-2004 at 01:47 AM..
Stirbaby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2004, 02:20 AM   #2
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Hey stirbaby
I'll see if my friend knows who to contact about getting a petition going, who knows it may work. I do know if their is a mini series on the stories it would take years :D

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2004, 01:14 PM   #3
Teen Dancer

Hey Gingybaby,
Happy New Year for you and all who love you and call you friend.
I think we can find a fun and effective way to do a campaign for "DREAMKEEPER- THE SERRIES".
I think that those who would like to join in the foundation should say so with a post on this thread.
And if you think this is not the best idea, or that it may work with certain strategy and tactics, they are encouraged to post as well.
How about a small Red Uprising to STIR in the NEW YEAR.
Where are my skins, feathers, bones, and paints.
Get my pony, I got sum promoting to do.
The Potano, all 37 of us, in complete unity, say, "What the Heck has STIRbaby gotten us all into now!".

Remember, this can be fun as well as productive for our native nations and tribes.
STIR in Peas!
I remain the STIRRED, but NOT Shaken,

STIRbaby

Occupied Turtle Island
Saint AugustineBeach, Florida, USA
Save The Ichetucknee River
Start The Indegenoius Revolution
STIR America
http://www.stiramerica.com/
Old 01-01-2004, 02:03 PM   #4
FANMAKR

spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 819.61
I'd like to see more of the DreamKeeper type series!!!! Add my name to your list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans
spottedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2004, 04:02 PM   #5
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
lets get it going

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Old 01-01-2004, 04:05 PM   #6
Champion Dancer

ron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Chit yea!!! put my name there as well!!!

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
I'm still part red man deep inside!~
<Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.
ron red eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #7
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 336.00
Technically, Dream Keeper was already called a mini-series because it continued into an additional showing. Are you talking about adding a few more stories and stretching out the trip to the Powwow, or are you talking about a "SERIES" that is on every week?

I think a SERIES would be great! :D

BUT ... considering it took several thousand people and several months to produce about 3-1/2 hours of showtime (with about 1/2-hour of commerial breaks interspersed), churning out an hour TV show every single week is a major proposition. But possible WITH the right budget and resources. Episodes would need to be written and scripted well in advance, actors would be working full-time throughout the weeks. A studio would need to be dedicated with sets, and of course alot of outdoor shooting areas would need to be arranged.

Shane could be easily developed. The existing mini-series gave him the introduction and initial motivation. A weekly series could progressively show us a more developed Shane as he matures, establishes his own reputation as a traditional storyteller, and collects stories from tribes all over the continent. To that end, tribes would have been consulted and asked which stories they would like to share with the world and an rotating inventory of episodes would be on hand for setting, casting and shooting. Some of the original mini-series actors could find extended careers. If the series catches on with the general public, Eddie Spears could become a household word if he plays his cards right.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:08 PM   #8
commander bun-bun

my friend said that there is a production for the next story (as a dreamkeeper) their checking it out now.

Old 01-01-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
Teen Dancer

Hot Darn, the Natives are Restless!
I think we get to a level of committed members, look at the time , talent, and wisdom available, develop a promotion strategy, set goals, decide on tactics, pray, fast, then rock the world.
How many do we have on board?
Active thinking people with a vision should be what we need.
" We beseech and demand... that you accept the Church and the Superior Organization of the whole world and recognize the supreme Pontiff, called the Pope, and that in his name you acknowledge the King and Queen... his representatives, as the lords and superior authorities of these islands and main lands...
If you do not do this, or resort maliciously to delay, we warn you that, with the aid of God, we will enter your land against you with force and will make war in every place and by every means we can and are able, and we will then subject you to the yoke and authority of the church and of their Highnesses.
We will take you and your wives and children and make them slaves...
And we will take your property and will do you all the harm and evil we can..."

--The Requerimiento (read by Spanish Conquistadors to the people of the "New World" )
Old 01-01-2004, 09:56 PM   #10
Teen Dancer

One Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant futureOne Hot Mama has a brilliant future
See my post on the DreamKeepers thread.

I'm all for a series, but feel the need to stress that the writers and production crews ought to be majority Native so that the stories get told the right way. Plus such a series could showcase so many more Native actors who right now don't get the shot of a snowball in hell for roles. I still think the show could show the real story tellers telling the stories, if they are willing to tell them on film.
One Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2004, 12:13 AM   #11
Tiny Tot Dancer

T8_err_tot has a spectacular aura about
heck yeah! sounds great. count me in..:Chatter lol