Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat What is the crappiest time you ever had at a pow-wow? What is the crappiest time you ever had at a pow-wow?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #1
is actually posting!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
What is the crappiest time you ever had at a pow-wow?

What is the crappiest time you ever had at a pow-wow?

Years ago, my friend was Miss Midwest and she wanted me to go with her back to Chicago to pass on her title. So, I invited one of my kooky friends, you know the kind, that can make ya laugh about anything and just keeps everything alive. Well, as we're heading out, my Miss Midwest friend's cousin comes running out and wants to jump in, so she lets him, and this guy is just like my kooky friend that we're taking along. So needless to say, we had a BLAST driving down there, they were doing mock interviews into the recorder and playing them really fast, it was so funny. So anyways..... the fun ended real quick. We went to the pow-wow.. it was north of Chicago in this town that had a million pumpkin patches. I swear the four of us was only four of about ten ndns there. The rest maybe were but we could not tell. That wasn't the bad part, it was just a weird pow-wow overall, the vibes and what not. We just felt like we was stuck at a hobbyist pow wow all weekend long. There were hardly any dancers too, and the ones that were dancing, didn't seem to know what they was doing. Well this drum shows up from Duluth, which was pretty cool, they knew what they was doin and even had some dancers. Well, my friend is a grass dancer, and back in the day, used to be pretty kickazz. So he went out there and was loving it cuz he was the only men's grass and was jammin' like crazy. So one of the guys from Duluth asks him to borrow his outfit for evening session, which he did. The pow wow went on for the rest of the night until he noticed the guy took off with his bag. That was messed up, but it was even MORE messsed up when he realized he was the last one driving and left MY car keys in his daayum bag. We had no clue where that guy was, didnt know his last name, no clue where they was staying. We just got stranded there at those fairgrounds because our hotel was kinda far away. So the guy that was watching the fire all night offered to give us his tent. His wife offered to take us girls to their hotel room but not the guy because she had daughters. LOL. So we FROZE all night long... it was horrible. My friend was pregnant too so I felt so bad for her. It was one miserable night. I was glad when the sun came up. lol........ so the closer it got to grand entry again, the drum from duluth comes pullin up, with my friend's bag, with my keys. LOL. So we pulled outta there as soon as we could. I never went back to a Chicago pow-wow after that. LOL.

Okaaaay, that was long but it's your turn now. :D
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2004, 09:10 PM   #2
Band Manager

Miss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond repute
:h3:

I dun think I can top that one. :p I have slept out in the cold tho.... We were teenagers.. and it was the "cool" thing to camp out at the Odawa pow wow. ONLY my popz left before i could get my blankets. I didn't know where my parents were staying either. Anywho.. there were 7-8 of us in ONE tent with ONE sponge and ONE blanket.

Ya.. so I woke up alllll friggin' stiff and my lips were blue. :Chatter I was one frozen Nish.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
Sleepy College Student

Anishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Nishnab
:h3:

I dun think I can top that one. :p I have slept out in the cold tho.... We were teenagers.. and it was the "cool" thing to camp out at the Odawa pow wow. ONLY my popz left before i could get my blankets. I didn't know where my parents were staying either. Anywho.. there were 7-8 of us in ONE tent with ONE sponge and ONE blanket.

Ya.. so I woke up alllll friggin' stiff and my lips were blue. :Chatter I was one frozen Nish.

I can't top Kwe_Zee either but...

At this one powwow I got sick right before Grand Entry. But then I was fine and I saw this really good-looking men's Traditional Dancer. I was all :2: Anyway the ground was really rough on the outer edge of that dance circle. I was dancing in the evening Grand Entry, I was really jammin' :dancer: and I fell. And I couldn't get up and the Jingle Dress Dancer behind, me had to pick me up. I turned around to thank her, and it was the hot guy's sister! God, I was embarassed. :blushing: She was a real good dancer too. Probably thought I was all clumsy.

It wasn't that bad, I guess.

Anonymous
Anishinaabe_Kwezanz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
Champion Dancer

*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
cant top summer's but there are a few p/w's that got f'd up due to weather conditions
bunch of us went to rocky boy one time and it was flippin HOT!! .. we didnt have a place to stay so we roughed it at the p/w grounds, my cousins and i slept in a van and we all woke up the next day all frybread face .. YUCK! had to wait around in the heat all morning for the p/w to get going (kinda like waitin on sundays for nidaa lol)
asu p/w one year got rained out real bad too .. that sucked
and ... denver march p/w ... on our way home we had to turn around due to a snow storm .. no $$ no place to stay .. we got saved tho :p
*-merk-* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 04:48 PM   #5
~Erica~

eap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
Savings: 1.00
Well one college powwow I went to bout a month ago was just a really bad weekend. My friend and I were gonna take the bus down for the weekend but I didn't finish a paper in time so we decided just to go down for one day, not contest, just have fun to see some friends and also my mom who was meeting me there. We get to the bus station and the bus is full. We waited for them to run another bus but then my friend was hungry so she ran to get food...and the other bus pulled up. And the driver wouldn't wait for her, even tho she got there as the bus was pulling away. So we had to wait for another hour. We did manage to make it to the powwow for grand entry in time for me to realize...i forgot my moccs back in the dorm! So I had to wear my mom's too small slip on sandals hahaha. It was so ghetto and funny, my friend kept making fun of me and my mom was complaining about wearing my too big shoes!! Anyway the rest of the powwow was okay, but then as I was on the bus back to Boston a close friend called me. We were gonna go do something that night, but he was all upset since he had been at Six flags that day and saw a man fall off a ride and get killed!!! He was really traumatized and I just didn't know what to say to him. He still wanted to chill that night since he was real upset so it was a miserable night. So that was kind of not the worst powwow necessarily but like the worst powwow weekend...

at least we were warm tho lol.
eap7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 06:08 PM   #6
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
dang summer! LOL :p did that feel good to finnnnaaallllyy talk about it ...over all these past years that have gone by!!! LOL JK

hmmm the crappiest pw... i would have to say flagstaff indian days!
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
:P Ya punk Burbs, I dont think I ever told ya that one huH? That one was pretty horrid, I was like Miss NIsh... One frozen Nish. :D We were even killing time in the nearby McDonalds, they HAD to kick our azzes outta there. LOL.. it was so funny. Then.... we almost got hit walking across the road.. LOL...all of us stopped like deers caught in the headlights.... :rofl2:.... memories.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:15 PM   #8
Champion Dancer

*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
i got a bad rep for posting in this thread! LOL of course theres no name to go with it :p
*-merk-* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 12:29 AM   #9
Sleepy College Student

Anishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond reputeAnishinaabe_Kwezanz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *-merk-*
i got a bad rep for posting in this thread! LOL of course theres no name to go with it :p
You got a bad rep from your post in this thread?! WOW! I just I don't know what to say. Someone needs to chill out! (now watch they'll give me some, LOL)

Anonymous
Anishinaabe_Kwezanz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 12:37 AM   #10
Seeking Him

Taushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant future
Savings: 554.36
Unhappy Stanford Powwow 2000

I was standing there watching my ex-boyfriend sing with his drum and I was swinging my camera around my wrist. Well I started swinging it really fast and it flew off of my wrist and hit this lady on the head. :rofl2: :50:

The powwow itself was awesome, I guess I was just humiliated for doing that. I felt so dumb the rest of the powwow. :(

I still don't know who that lady was to this day.

P.S. If it was you. I'm so sorry! I'm an idiot!!!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:43 AM   #11
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
LOL...I'm sorry but that was funny.....me, I would have to say anytime I didn't have frybread....LMAO.....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 02:50 AM   #12
Seeking Him

Taushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant futureTaushina has a brilliant future
Savings: 554.36
Talking

Quote:
50calNDN LOL...I'm sorry but that was funny.....me, I would have to say anytime I didn't have frybread....LMAO.....
:rofl2:
Old 06-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #13
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by *-merk-*

*LMAO*
Old 06-15-2004, 01:11 PM   #14
Swan Lake Ojibway

ojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 241.60
Long Plain Pow Wow...back in the 80s

Back in my wild 'n crazy teenage years, my sister and I camped out at Long Plain Pow Wow. That Saturday afternoon, it was hit with a major rainstorm and we had one of those little dome tents that looks like an alien landed. They were not very durable. All of our stuff was soaking wet and floating in a small lake. I still remember opening the tent and one of our sneakers floated by. Needless to say that we were walking around in wet clothes for the rest of the weekend.
ojibwaywmn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 03:10 PM   #15
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Ahhh Well This One Time......@ Band Camp.....

....................... :violin:
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #16
PowWows.com Addicts

~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute
~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*DopeLilMama*~ has a reputation beyond repute
band camp.... uncle youre a tard
~*DopeLilMama*~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #17
is actually posting!

The crappiest time I ever had at a pow-wow is when I broke a sever. :Chatter
Old 06-15-2004, 08:03 PM   #18
is actually posting!

LOL. Which one of you fools called me the Panty lady?? LOL.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #19
Dineth Hearth Throth

:p it was me!! LMAO :rofl2:

RIGHT HERE!!! :39:

HAHAHA..did you get a roll outta that one!! I cant remember why commented that in your rep tho *L* :dontknow:
Old 06-15-2004, 08:26 PM   #20
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
3 years ago; we had a major native athletic event take place here in the summer, well guess what they advertised having a mini powwow on the third day. All the dancers showed, but no drum. We ended up having to dance to someone's powwow CDs. I still had fun dancing, but it's not the same as having a live drum.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links