Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat What do you do? What do you do?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #21
Straight Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
White Eagle is a name known to all
Credits: 1,121.54
Savings: 0.00
I work at my home. I make Native American jewels, dreamcatchers, spirit staffs, carve hiking sticks, painting Buffalo skulls with feathers and more for customers.

Also, I'm a member of Houston Cherokees. I meeting them every months, having pow wows, foods, Native American stuff booths and more fun.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #22
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Most of the time people tell me that "I don't know what I am doing". That's fair because I don't know why they are saying that. I know exactly what I am doing all the time. So for all you folks that say that I do not know what I am doing, Here's what I do.

I am a master electrician, professional musician, and audio engineer.

I still work as an electrician to take care of my family. I'm ready to retire from that trade. I have the years of service to retire (30+) but not the age. I'm only 50. That's half a century for those of you who are dreading those dreaded 40's and 30's. It's not so bad at this age. In fact I still feel younger the most of you.

Many years back I started my own part time audio recording and sound system business. I hope to do this full time once I can retire from being an electrician. My sound business is going well. I have recorded and produced many CDs.

Over the past few years I have recorded several drums and have given them a good start into selling their own CDs to help keep them on the powwow trail. It costs a lot for a drum to travel powwow to powwow. Most of the time the drum cannot meet expenses with what they are paid at a powwow wheather it be a stipen or blanket money. By producing CD media for them, it defrays their costs and you the consumer (dancer or spectator) can take a memory home. I also provide sound systems and audio recording services for powwows at low rates. It's a way I can give back to our people. I do powwow CDs as fund raisers to aid the powwow comittees with their expenses.

I also produce sound for rock and country concerts along with other events that require a sound system.

That's what I do.

Ken
TKMJ Productions
"Hear the Voice and Feel the Drum" It's Our Way!

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 102,427.83
Savings: 52.80
military deployments, duty stations in other countries keep me away from home. I like traveling so I don't get homesick. 19+ years and counting btw....

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #24
Pow Wow Visitor

moonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I work full time for a national general contractor. We do retail construction. Our latest project was the American Eagle Outfitters in Times Square, NYC. The irony of that is that I went to school for wildlife rehabilitation, and yet I work for a developing company; we build stores in new malls where nature used to stand. I'm my own worst enemy. Some day I'll get out of there and get to follow my dreams, but for now it's paying the bills and helping me save up (slowly) so I can move on and do what I love to do.
I'm also a mother & wife, so you know the work doesn't stop at 5pm!
Old 12-20-2009, 04:46 AM   #25
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 102,427.83
Savings: 52.80
did I mention we kill mofo's....??? Its worth it...in case you don't know. I love posting that for the libs...they hate my job.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #26
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,148.17
I work work work, eat, repeat. LOL. I work in post-production for a TV show thats seen here on truTV, and in 140-some countries. I also am executive producing an independant short film, freelance audio and video production and engineering, do some electrical (comm. and res) on the side, and build and fix computers and the like. Basically I work like 70+ hours a week between everything that I do. For me, and other people in film and television, there is no such thing as sleep, it is nothing but a froeign term... and so is money (thats reserved for the above-the-line people).

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
Powwows.com Princess

Items Panda
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
ugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond reputeugidali has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,530.89

I'm a Full time student. And work part time. (during the tax season)

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

ugidali is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #28
Pow Wow Visitor

bossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond reputebossywoman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
work

I work part time.
bossywoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #29
Powwow Sound 4 U

TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 603.09
Well....... If things don't turn around soon, I will be employed by the State of Ohio, unemployment services. I will be paid to sit home and play on my computer. Right now over 75% of the people of the contractor I work for are layed off or gone for good. We only have two small jobs running. The one that I am on is almost complete. Another week or so and that's it. The other will be completed in about a week and a half. No other construction jobs on the books yet to look forward to. To make matters worse, my employer made us take a 30% pay cut to keep working. It was pay cut or leave. No other choice. The boss was not going to lay anyone off because they did not take the pay cut. As he said. "Take the pay cut or walk out the door" Those who left were denied unemployment because they walked out. The boss said by refusing the pay cut, they quit and will not get unemployment. Ohio Unemployment agreed!

I guess I work for Scrooge Electrical Contractors INC.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links