Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat What's the craziest thing youv'e seen at a pow-wow? What's the craziest thing youv'e seen at a pow-wow?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2004, 03:53 PM   #101
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
foxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant futurefoxnationwoman has a brilliant future
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Peacekeeper83
....so my friend took some small rocks and put them in a paper sack to hold down the lighter items...well they had like 5 bags on the table...this one white lady picks up a bag and looks inside and goes...ooooooo Indian rocks....one bag had like a two dollar tag on it....so she takes all 5 bags and gives my buddy ten bucks
Tell them these are Big Medicine Sacred rocks :worthy:

GAWW white folks believe anything
Old 03-17-2004, 11:52 PM   #102
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,654.90
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally posted by ndn_jamz
I got one for ya guys..This was last yr at a pow-wow I mced at. It was Ladys Fancy Shawl and by the way was a white gurl. She kept spinning and spinning and Bam there goes her Mocs hitting the crowd. She stopped and tailed it out of there and never was seen again. Man everyone busted out laughing!! :Chatter :Chatter
I woulda probably left outta there, too. Dang! How embarrassing.

I remember one year some spani (mexican) beat me in competition. I was shamed!!! :o

You should mention the one where Jackson wasted a good NDN taco. :p
ac_miss is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2004, 10:56 PM   #103
Pow-wow Jammer

ndn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond reputendn_jamz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Haha Almost forgot about that one! I was Mcing at a pow-wow and I had my nephew with me up in the mc stand. We was doing grand entry, flag song etc in that order and everyone was of course standing. Before that had started a vendor gave us some Indian Tacos if we gave me free props and of course I do it. Well when when they posted the colors...I mentioned Ok everyone may be seated and lets go with some round dances...Well My nephew when he stood up put his Indian Taco in his chair and when he sat down---Gee boy forgot about his Indian Taco and SAT On it!! he got up in a hurry and Flop the frybread came back down off his pants haha!! Everyone in front of the MC stand saw that and Busted out laughing. Now thats a Indian Taco with needed Flattening :Chatter :Chatter
ndn_jamz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2004, 11:46 PM   #104
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
ndn_jamz :rofl2: you make my day
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 09:28 AM   #105
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by bushy_braids
never would i have imagined that the "sneak up" would be so entertaining until i went to this one pw where there were nothing but hobbyists dancing...
so the "mens tradish" get out there and begin to do their sneak up... and this dude in a pitiful lookin' tandy leather get up gets out there and starts doin' the military crawl... i'm talkin' he had his elbows & knees goin' scurryin' across the arena like he was really sneakin' up on something... he'd give out these hurtful soundin' war houps and keep on goin'... stabbin' his knife in the ground here and there...
so he goes around and creeps up to the audience and messes around when them for a while... and this white lady (his wife probably) goes up to him... while he's in competition - laying flat on his big belly scurrying around the arena - and kicks him in the @$$!!!!! YES... she ran up to him & kicked him!
maaaaaaaaaan... i didn't know whether to laugh my @$$ off histerically or shake my head in shame... needless to say, we left after that!

NO way!! *LMAO* :Chatter

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-19-2004, 10:06 PM   #106
bl@ckfoothoney

man im buztin out a laugh these stories r ssssooo funnnyy
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2004, 09:47 AM   #107
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
My family and I were at this powwow one year and watched this white woman go from booth to booth buying different things ( buckskin dress, choker (plastic I might add), mocs, headband, and a tablecloth shawl) and go out in the circle to dance. Mind you now, she looked like Elvira from the old haunted movie shows.

After she went from those booths, she went into a Port-a-John and put everything on. Then she tried to pass it off as if she made everything. We call her Ghost woman.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:10 PM   #108
Senior Dancer

Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 397.00
I got one ,last yr i went to a powwow with a bunch of my friends ,anyway me and my friends planned to camp there since all the other hotels were booked ,anyhow that night these bunch of guys also camped beside us they were a drum group ( which its kinda hard to spell their drum group name its kinda weird tho ) anyway that next morning about 11:00am ,me and my friends woke up and we were getting our stuff from the tent so that we can go take a shower .Anyway there's a time difference between Alberta and BC time ,and BC time is one hr behind us ,anyhow apperently the lead singer of that drum group forgot to change the time on his watch or maybe its just that he thought he would remember the time differences ,anyway when me and my friends were getting ready to leave for the showers that guy looked at his watch and he quickly spun around and told his fellow friends to get their a$$ out of bed and i mean he was yelling too
anyway he told his friends grand entry is starting(which grand entry wasn't gonna start in another hour or so) and all of a sudden all those guys came racing out of their tents ....i don't know if they were losing it or not ,anyway one of those guys was tryin to put his cowboy hat on and the wind picked up a bit and blew the hat off that guy and one of those other guys was also rushing to put his shirt on and he tripped over the drum .......right on top of the other guys hat ! anyhow they went racing to the arbor and a bunch of ppl were thinking WTH ???but this is the funny part ,one of the guys who were carrying the drum tripped on a extension cord and the drum went flying in the air and went rolling across the arena and the drum stopped rolling right in the middle of the arena......LMAO !!! that was so funny ,i couldn't stop cracking up....LOL

Last edited by Siouxper_Bunz; 03-26-2004 at 05:56 PM..
Siouxper_Bunz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2004, 06:29 PM   #109
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakoda_babe03
I got one ,last yr i went to a powwow in Kamloops with a bunch of my friends ,anyway me and my friends planned to camp there since all the other hotels were booked ,anyhow that night these bunch of guys also camped beside us they were a drum group ( which its kinda hard to spell their drum group name its kinda weird tho ) anyway that next morning about 11:00am ,me and my friends woke up and we were getting our stuff from the tent so that we can go take a shower .Anyway there's a time difference between Alberta and BC time ,and BC time is one hr behind us ,anyhow apperently the lead singer of that drum group forgot to change the time on his watch or maybe its just that he thought he would remember the time differences ,anyway when me and my friends were getting ready to leave for the showers that guy looked at his watch and he quickly spun around and told his fellow friends to get their a$$ out of bed and i mean he was yelling too anyway he told his friends grang entry is starting(which grand wan't gonna start in another hour or so) and all of a sudden all those guys came racing out of their tents ....i don't know if they were losing it or not anyway one of those guys was tryin to put his cowboy hat on and the wind picked up a bit and blew the hat off that guy and one of those other guys was also rushing to put his shirt on and he tripped over the drum .......right on top of the other guys hat ! anyhow they went racing to the arbor and a bunch of ppl were thinking WTH ???but this is the funny part ,one of the guys who were carrying the drum tripped on a extension cord and the drum went flying in the air and went rolling across the arena and the drum stopped rolling right in the middle of the arena......LMAO !!! that so was so funny ,i couldn't stop cracking up....LOL
LOL :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2004, 11:37 AM   #110
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
I think that story topped it all. I can only imagine what happened to those guys! Too funny! Then again, I feel bad for them.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:20 PM   #111
Senior Dancer

Siouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxper_Bunz has a reputation beyond repute
Ya but then afterwards those guys laughed it off !!!
and one of them said " i don't think we'll be able to snag tonight ,nice way to make a first impression "
Old 03-22-2004, 03:09 PM   #112
Happy Beading Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakoda_babe03
Ya but then afterwards those guys laughed it off !!!
and one of them said " i don't think we'll be able to snag tonight ,nice way to make a first impression "
:rofl2: poor guys...
Old 03-22-2004, 08:35 PM   #113
Tiny Tot Dancer

Powwowtrail17 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm...this one time at a powwow I was running for princess so i had to sell raffle tickets and help out as much as I could...so i decided that i should help serve at a feast that the powwow was having... so here i am...servin juice to all the people....when damn!...one of thee finest grass dancers was sittin there at one of the tables eyein' up my juice...so being the polite person i am :Naughty I decided to go over to him and pour him a cup...so i do..and as I go to walk away..one of the girls beside him asks me for some...but i wasn't really payin tooo much attention when I was pourin it and accidently poured it on the chick...so my bad :mocking:...besides that little story i have seen a good share of weirdos at powwows like a guy with a braided cabbage patch doll lookin wig and a grass dancer with eye liner, black lipstick, and nail polish....that is about all i can think of right now.. :flowers:
Powwowtrail17 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2004, 10:42 AM   #114
Pow Wow Visitor

Nellie is an unknown quantity at this point
Things that make you say....hmmm.........
:dropping:
Nellie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #115
Downstream People

ogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
ogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 439.14
I'm sitting at this powwow a few years back and this white guy is a few feet away talking to some white friends trying to impress them with his "indian knowledge". He's dressed like a northern traditional dancer, complete with an obviously fake black and white eagle feather bustle. I hear him tell his friends "see all those bustles and fans out there, they are all fake. It's illegal to own eagle feathers, so we all use dyed feathers." I busted out laughing so hard and so did everyone around me! :rofl2: He never did realise we were laughing about him!
ogapahndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2004, 12:05 PM   #116
Downstream People

ogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
ogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond reputeogapahndn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 439.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powwowtrail17
:mocking:...besides that little story i have seen a good share of weirdos at powwows like a guy with a braided cabbage patch doll lookin wig and a grass dancer with eye liner, black lipstick, and nail polish....that is about all i can think of right now.. :flowers:
:rofl2: :rofl2: hehehe the goth grass dancer, reminds of this fancy shawl dancer I saw one time who had on really white makeup and black lipstick with heavy eyeliner.
ogapahndn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2004, 12:39 PM   #117
Shuut uup..are ya serious

Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Azhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond reputeAzhe'ni has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogapahndn
I'm sitting at this powwow a few years back and this white guy is a few feet away talking to some white friends trying to impress them with his "indian knowledge". He's dressed like a northern traditional dancer, complete with an obviously fake black and white eagle feather bustle. I hear him tell his friends "see all those bustles and fans out there, they are all fake. It's illegal to own eagle feathers, so we all use dyed feathers." I busted out laughing so hard and so did everyone around me! :rofl2: He never did realise we were laughing about him!
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Azhe'ni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2004, 12:42 PM   #118
Traditional Dancer

moonshadow is a jewel in the rough
where do they get that stuff!!!! LOL!!!
moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2004, 05:52 PM   #119
Senior Dancer

Beats me where they get that stuff ........but it does cracks me up...... :mocking: ......maaaaan white ppl these days :czyeyes: ..........
Old 03-26-2004, 10:47 PM   #120
remember to give thanks!

blacktail has a reputation beyond repute
blacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond reputeblacktail has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,495.75
don't know if this is the craziest thing i've seen, or the saddest, but i've seen it more than once. the wannabe / ndn ratio is like 10 to 1. puffy paint on "regalia", plastic beads, a good handfull had the name "little" something or other, they had a "naming ceremony" for all to see, and the list goes on.
blacktail is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links