Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat What are the things that you can't PowWow without??? What are the things that you can't PowWow without???

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
AKA...Falling Leaves

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
What are the things that you can't PowWow without???

What are those items that you can't leave home without, can't imagine not having with you??? I have a basket that my hubby calls the basket of tricks, it has everything from Aspirin to chapstick to bug spray to ziplock bags in it... I could almost do minor surgery with the stuff in the basket...So what are those things that you have to have....

So my basket of tricks is the my can't leave home without... we have turned around and went back to the house and got it when it got left behind once.... Thank goodness for the check list.. and checking that all the items on the check list are checked off.....

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds
steelemagnolia63 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
Duct tape, safety pins, chapstick and water.
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
Junior Dancer

Tlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,851.70
Wink

I keep on hand baby wipes, safety pins, duct tape (different colors), electrical tape, e 6000 glue, earring posts, band aids. Must haves water bottle and hair spray, extra hair rubberbands & barettes. A needle and thread is always required also. I think that does it. I'm sure other things but those are top on my list.
Tlinkamoe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
AKA...Falling Leaves

steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
I can see that there are things that I need to add to the basket of tricks.... different colored duct tape.... hummmm glue... yeah I need to make some notes...

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds
Old 01-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
Peace n Mutton Grease

Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 511.00
Savings: 1.00
Ummmmmm my son's outfit!!! We were in Seattle and headed to Julyamsh which is a few hour drive, at least 5 hrs. My sis lives up near Everett, WA. In a hurry we rushed to pack everything and get on the road.... After about an hour of driving and we're headed up the pass...I looked back...omg his outfit is sittin in the closet!! I looked at my watch...okay okay we can do this.... Drove back to Everett, got the outfit we left there at 2:30pm and booked it across the state. We actually got there about 6pm. Dang I don't remember when I made that 5 hour trip in 4 hours....phew

it was funny though.

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Items Present
NCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond reputeNCheyGirl22 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,322.89
Duct tape, saftey pins, water, needle and thread case, extra hair clips, hair bands and barretts, baby wipes or wash clothes, and bandaids.
NCheyGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Ndns.....no wait, I have seen a few powwows that tried
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
future baby mommas.....LOL!!!...jk......I don't know.....haven't been to a powwow in a long time........

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 91,002.49
Savings: 52.80
powwow...??? what's that?

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
yeah, yeah, all the basics everyone else said, regalia, plus i always carry dried fruit, beef jerky(im diabetic II), lighters, extra tabbaco/sage/cedar,abalone shells,enough water to bathe with, and lots of tp (toilet paper),small trash bags, folding chairs, muh van or pickup with sleeping gear,emergency kits for vehicle & people, liquid soap & towels, toiletries, sunscreen, sunglasses, warm jacket,changes of clothes, shelter with netting for outdoors, lots of singles for gifting, and lots of moola for buying from vendors. did i forget anything? oh yeah, ice chest with lots of frozen h2o bottles! oops, most important for me, muh meds & blood testing kit! oh and a couple of knives tucked here and there.

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 01-31-2009 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: ad ons
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-31-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
pow wow mom

shadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 738.95
Wow it think you named every thing tp mst important and water kdi forgot hait barrets last time now we have check list!!!!!!!!!thanks
shadowoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #12
~Pwowfeva~

amarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond reputeamarie49 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm about the same way but here's my list: regalia, hair ties, bias tape (braid wraps), comb, sunglasses, cash, bug spray, duct tape, blanket, jacket, jeans, tennis shoes, camera, video camera, two-yr old son's backpack with sippy cup, snacks, diapers etc...One time we had just got all the way outta town and onto the main highway (about 20 mins from our house) when I realized we left my daughter's beadwork at home. Of course we had to do a 360 and pick it up...

I hate it when I get to a powwow and realize I forgot something...
amarie49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 AM   #13
pow wow mom

shadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond reputeshadowoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 738.95
me too also learned to use map quest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( after taking the scenic way --50 miles longer)
shadowoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #14
cool...calm...collected

bushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
scissors!

i always try to check my suitcase to make sure my outfit is all there before heading out to pw... one time i forgot to check and come grand entry time... i didn't have a shawl!
i don't like borrowing other peoples things so my sis was kind enough to cut her shawl in half!
omg my mom had a fit... but my sis wouldn't let me go without... haha! (that's why the scissors were handy)
Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
good one bushy, im not the one who packs all the extra stuff but as for me i make sure i got a my recorder. sometimes theres gonna be a good song and i grab it.. makes the ride home better when u got good tunes

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
hmm...regalia, sewing kit, bead kit (I have a small tin with a bag for each of us containing the beads we each have on our regalia), scrap leather (to cut an emergency piece of lacing or patch a hole in a moc.) hair stuff, glue, duct tape, red cotton.

tents, sleeping bags, pillows, extra blankets, tarps, chairs, cooler camp stove and coffee perk, rope, knife, spare poles, flash lights, lanterns, spare batteries, fire wood, this solar panel car battery charger thing and all the emergency car stuff my husband looks after

pop, juice, ice, fruit, pop tarts, granola bars and those mini cereal packs, hot cocoa, coffee, tobbacco, lighter(s). feast bags (plates etc so we don't use disposable ones), I liketo have snacks before grand entry so that everyone can wait for lunch.

EXTRA SOCKS!!, rain boots, rain coat, sweats, jeans, t-shirts, swimsuits, p;j;'s, hoddies, skirts.
For some I also pack mittens cause I have been to a few where the weather is a little hit and miss, especially at night and early morning.

water, soap, wash basin, towels, wash cloths, tooth brushes etc. and spare toliet paper

Not sure how we fit the kids in...oh yeah we usually have 2 travel up with friends.
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
AKA...Falling Leaves

We take so much stuff that we have had to take 2 cars before.... I keep saying that we are taking less but every year we take more... So we bought a pick up to haul it all in... :)

If I listed everything that we take with us it would be a long list... but I do see some items that I need to throw in the basket to make repairs....

Last edited by steelemagnolia63; 02-09-2009 at 05:37 PM..
Old 02-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #18
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,250.70
$$ Money $$ . *LOL*

For reals. I know I can't leave the house without it. MOney is for:

gas
food
lodging
etc