Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat What was your 1st. paying job and how much did you earn? What was your 1st. paying job and how much did you earn?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Annie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond reputeAnnie Fawn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 24.00
What was your 1st. paying job and how much did you earn?

My 1st. job was working at the concession stand at the local county ball park near our house and I earned .50 to 75 cents a hour plus any tips I recieved. I was 10 years old and thought that was big money back in 1970. My parents let me do it because I could study there between rushes.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Savings: 0.00
Mine was a Summer Youth Job (thru CETA back then) for $1.65/hour cleaning the local rec center. That did seem alot back in '76.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
i was 14 but i used my sisters ID shes 2 yrs older.. to get a temp job at zellers (where the lowets price IS the law)in wiinipeg counting stock.. i think i made 4 bucks an hour
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Assistant Manager of Non-Foods, Farm Fresh grocery. 4.50. I was asst. manager cause there was only 2 of us..lol...Also, I worked for my Mom's biz, made good runaround money there.

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #5
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 16,430.57
i was a Child Labor Survivor i slaved away during the Summers out workin the Raspberry Fields....it sucked

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

SunshineLann is an unknown quantity at this point
Besides babysitting...good Ole' A&W

I worked at an A&W on the transcanada highway in ontario...good ole fun...wel not really...but iworked there for 4 years....lol...wasnt that bad i suppose
SunshineLann is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #7
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

my first J-O-B...

When I was 11, my dad let me & brother, who was 9, open a fireworks stand in front of his business. I ordered all kinds of inventory...around $3000.00 worth or maybe more! We sold for 10 days and didn't make a profit! I think I marked my inventory up by 50%, but I had just ordered way too much inventory the first year. What the heck...I was 11, I didn't know what I was doing!
**First Lady** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
I worked at a summer camp for $1200 in the early 90s for 2 1/2 months. For the ammount of time I worked I broke it down to about $1 per hour. I consider it my favorite job ever.

My first actual job was at Foodtown for between $4 and $5 per hour.

I also worked at
a guitar store
Caldors (dept store)
Shoprite
Rickles home improvement center
UPS for 1 week
a marketing company that handled 7eleven stores
Prudential (claims)
Prudential (a/v nerd)
Utility companu (meter reader)
Utility Company (collector)
billyjoejimbob is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
My dad was the rodeo president back in the 70's, we were put in the position to sell foods at rodeos. I hated it. I earned free food that's it! My next job was summer youth, it was fun sitting around all day.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:27 AM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
When I was ten I picked strawberries with my older sister. We started at 6:00 AM every morning and then we finished at 1:00 PM each day. I was there for about 3 weeks total made $13.00. I opened up a bank account and then deposited all but $2.00 because I wanted to be a big shot and by my little brothers some pop and chips. It was cool. My sister still bugs me said that I probably ate over $250.00 worth of berries. I figured I broke out even.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #11
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 105,761.69
Savings: 52.80
I was working for CETA for my tribe and made $1.75 an hour in 1979...

my first pay check from the Marines was $147 and that was 20 years ago, this past April.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2005, 10:11 AM   #12
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
I was a janitor at my grade school I made $15 a week under the table for I think 18 hours of work. Wheewww!!! Those first graders sure know how to trash a bathroom (and clog every toilet).... I think I was around 11.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:00 PM   #13
Teen Dancer

momme is just really nice
My first real job (other than babysitting 2 younger siblings) was as a tour guide at Cave of the Winds. It payed something like 4 bucks an hour, I think, because we were considered Seasonal employees and technically tipping was allowed (ususally the leftover nickel when someone bought a $6.95 souveneir picture). We gave 7-9 tours per shift during the summer with no lunch breaks. I got to the point I'd wake my sister up giving the tour in my sleep. but couldn't have been all bad I ended up working there off and on for a couple of years. I can still give the tour pretty much word for word.

Sarah
momme is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #14
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
My first Love, Sean did that same kinda job in Gatlinburg, Momme. I still remeber it word for word too! LOL... That brought back good memories. *smile*

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #15
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
growing up we did odd jobs... fer neighbors... we sold kool aid and even made it in the local paper... when i became 10 -11 i got my first real job delivering the Edmonton Journal our family had all the routes in town.. there were 4 of us so we all took a side and friday papers.. were the worst... I ferget how much we made but it was nuff to have my treats, go see a show and save fer bigger things.

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2005, 05:11 PM   #16
Teen Dancer

natureluvr is a jewel in the rough
I started babysitting when I was 14, but the first "real" job was as a file clerk for my uncle's medical practice. My stepmom worked there too as a front desk clerk. Thank goodness for nepotism! I think I earned $2.65 an hour. Saved it all up and paid my tuition to cosmetology school.............
Old 06-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #17
My Give-A-Damn's Busted!

**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute**First Lady** has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmaninc
I opened up a bank account and then deposited all but $2.00 because I wanted to be a big shot and by my little brothers some pop and chips. It was cool. My sister still bugs me said that I probably ate over $250.00 worth of berries. I figured I broke out even.
**First Lady** is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #18
To'di'cheeni / Taa'ba'haa

vince_j has a spectacular aura about
Talking Picking cherries

Started picking cherries, when I was 12. about $25 / week. get up early then leave at 2-3pm. Was not my calling. I was always starting cherry fights. Red stains everywhere including my hair. Ended that summer.

At 13 became a gardener at the local college during my summer. That was real fun job, $125/week. Bought my own lunch, sat around with older guys and learned several lessons on life. Did that for 2 years and bought my own car.
"We who are clay blended by the Master Potter, come from the kiln of Creation in many hues. How can people say one skin is colored, when each has its own coloration? What should it matter that one bowl is dark and the other pale, if each is of good design and serves its purpose well." ~~~Polingaysi Qoyawayma, Hopi~~~
vince_j is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 11:07 AM   #19
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
My first job I was 15. I was a housekeeper at a "retirement home" and I was making 3.75/hour. I thought I was rich LOL.

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2005, 11:15 AM   #20
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
When i was in the 7th grade we could work in the school cafeteria (as an elective) serving the entire student body lunch....i got paid $50 every two weeks i think. I used to cash my checks at K-MART (pre-walmart days) and pretty much spent the whole thing right after cashing it. I thought it was pretty cool, i thought i had phat pockets