Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat What was your very 1st JOB? What was your very 1st JOB?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2003, 04:45 AM   #1
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
VIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond reputeVIP4life has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking What was your very 1st JOB?

As soon as I turned 14( required age to apply for permit) I started wotking at a librarey shelving books for $4.25 an hour. Our local ndn center had a work study program. I was there slave. I wish I would have applied for the county, they were starting at the same position for $6.25 at the time. I wish I would have stayed with it. Cake job and good benefits.:Cry Oh well I like my current boss, myself.
VIP4life is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 08:20 AM   #2
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
When I was ten I started peeling pine logs that got used for telephone/hydro poles.
I got room and board and after that $200.- per pole that I peeled and took the branches off. I manged then to get a size 46 inch shoulder, 24 inch waist and scared the heck out f some kids that thought I was lifting weigts, heck I was, I was using the bearclaw pole to turn those big logs.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 08:34 AM   #3
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
i peddled chiclets on the corner! ;) ayyyee JK

hmm... I worked at KayBee Toy store... it was very fun cuz they let us play w/the RC cars and we'd take em in the mall and make em drive down the escalator... but keeping the shelves all neat during Xmas time... it was the worst.

Last edited by superndngyrl; 12-06-2003 at 05:55 PM..
superndngyrl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #4
BikerBoyNDNStyle

DANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant futureDANCINGEAGLE has a brilliant future
Credits: 70.00
When I was 13 years old, I started working in the hayfields until I was 17 and then I worked in a grocery store. I used to drinked the little bottles of beer when I was on break :D :D :D .
Old 12-05-2003, 09:29 AM   #5
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I remember I couldn't wait to turn 14 so I could work in the fish cannery in AK. Now that I think of it - YUCK!! Maybe it's a good thing we moved.:Chatter

As it went, at 14 I worked at our local tribal rec center which NOBODY used back then. I had to scrub the toliets and the bathroom floors whether anybody used them or NOT!:(

Geez, and to make me sound real ancient, the minimum wage was all of $1.95.:p
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #6
cool...calm...collected

bushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
when i was 15 i auditioned with about 150 other youngin's to be on this tv show... sure nuff, i got the gig and every thursday there were production meetings and every saturday were live shows.
it was the coolest job ever! i got to meet a lotta people and i acted famous for a couple years. that gig lasted about two years! i would say that was the best first job ever... well one of my most favorable experiences ever as i learned soo much in front of & behind the camera.... i guess that's why i'm studying broadcast journalism now!
Old 12-05-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by wyo_rose
Geez, and to make me sound real ancient, the minimum wage was all of $1.95.:p
So was that tax free or did you still have to pay the gov????
I got my cash under the table back then, it was better no trace for the boss or me.
In fact I remember what the first thing was that I bought that summer, my first brand new fiberglass 16 foot red canoe. The guy at the store wanted me to leave, he thought is was kidding when I told him I wanted it.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:16 AM   #8
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
First job i ever had was when i was in the 7th grade & we had the choice of working in the school cafeteria as opposed to taking home economics or wood working.....so of course i went for the $$$!!! What i didnt realize was that i'd be SERVING the entire school whatever was on our gross menu every week...but hey, i got paid $50 bucks every two weeks! (that was big bucks to a 7th grader!)
My pops use to take me to KMART to cash my checks & i'd pretty much spend all of it right then & there!

And yes! I had to wear a hair net....only it wasn't really a net, more like a paper shower cap!!! :Blush
Old 12-05-2003, 10:21 AM   #9
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
so did the other kids ever throw that gross crap that was called food at you>??????

Old 12-05-2003, 10:21 AM   #10
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
My first job was when I was 15 (legal age was 16, but my birthday was a month away) I was working at a retirement home as a house keeper. i worked 6 hours a day over my summer vacation, and I can honestly say that my first job entailed cleaning the sh** off the walls. It was gross!!! everyday after lunch, this white dude would go to the restroom and literally throw sh** on the walls, celings and floors. It was disgusting:reallymad

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 10:32 AM   #11
conquistaDORA!

buckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond reputebuckskin pantyhose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 440.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew
so did the other kids ever throw that gross crap that was called food at you>??????
LUCKILY....i had the advantage....i'd just threaten that i'd spit in thier food or put a lil' "suprise" in thier lunch! :devil

Muh-hahahahahaha!
Old 12-05-2003, 10:44 AM   #12
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
I hated my first job! I used to deliver pizza flyers for this guy. He would come and pick me and my bro up (amongst other gullible kiddies) and make us deliver the damned things all over the city. I think I got paid like 40 clams every two weeks. That was 7th and 8th grade.

9th grade I worked my way up to shooter girl at a strip club.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:54 AM   #13
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew
So was that tax free or did you still have to pay the gov????
Tax free?? I wish!!!:Chatter Nope, I've been faithfully paying my fair share to Social Security every year since then. Well, except for when I was a BIA firefighter cuz that was on contract or something.

No biggie tho, cuz I just stashed my checks until I took all my friends out to a steakhouse.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:58 AM   #14
Dineth Hearth Throth

BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
BurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond reputeBurBz has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22.00
Savings: 1.00
I use to sell snow cones at the jin-gee (aka 1st night or 2nd night):Tongue and at the song & dances lmao

:rofl2: :rofl2:
BurBz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 11:07 AM   #15
Ready to dance

Quote:
Originally posted by buckskin pantyhose
First job i ever had was when i was in the 7th grade & we had the choice of working in the school cafeteria as opposed to taking home economics or wood working.....so of course i went for the $$$!!! What i didnt realize was that i'd be SERVING the entire school whatever was on our gross menu every week...but hey, i got paid $50 bucks every two weeks! (that was big bucks to a 7th grader!)

And yes! I had to wear a hair net....only it wasn't really a net, more like a paper shower cap!!! :Blush
Chay! You got paid??? In 8th grade at Tuba City, I worked in the cafeteria serving all 600 kids in the Jr. High, getting teased about my hairnet, kids wanting me to sneak them seconds, and hardly getting to eat myself...all for free!:p
Old 12-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #16
whip cream is better

kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
kneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond reputekneegrow_native has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
My first job was when I was 6, working in China at a Nike shoe factory. I think I got 2 bucks a month.....we actually, I guess that aint true.

I worked as a floor worker in the small appliance department at the Navy Exchange on NAS Miramar back in the day, when I was 16. It was cool. Lots of good lookin ladies everyday. Plus they paid good. All my friends got minimum wage which was $4.18 per hour, and I got $4.85 at first then bumped up to $5.20. So compared to my friends, I was rolling in the dough.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #17
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Talking

My uncle would take me and my cousin to the marina and we'd clean decks and polish banisters for the prvileged boat owners. I was 10 at the time but it was alot of fun because we'd get up early have donuts which was a food detested by my folks but we'd get $3 a boat and we'd do about 10 boats a day. You can imagine how rich we were.

:sailingaw
Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #18
Circus Director

traci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond repute
traci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond reputetraci_m has a reputation beyond repute
The summer between my 7th and 8th grade year, I used to clean houses with a woman who owned her business doing that. Ummm. . .not something I'd enjoy going back to EVER. ha ha ha Forgot how much it paid, but at that age, any money is cool.

I didn't have a REAL job until I was a freshman in college. I worked for the admissions office giving campus tours and helping when we'd have large events. It was kind of a fun job, actually.
traci_m is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #19
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
My first job was picking strawberries and other berries, I was about 6 or so. Been working or going to school (sometimes both) ever since! These days I still pick strawberries, but only for my family and then I either freeze or make jam. I like to jam out to Bob Marley's, "We're Jammin" while I am making the jam. :D
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 02:42 PM   #20
Fear & Loathing in Wy.

<_-~*No_nutts*~-_> is an unknown quantity at this point
I never had a job until I was 17 yrs. old. My mom told me that I could either go to school or get a job so I chose to get a job (We moved to another state so my mom gave me the option).Anyways,So I decided to get a job and I got hired at Holiday Inn as a housekeeper. At first I thought the hotel was beautiful and stuff-until I was there for awhile and I really saw how dirty that place was! And the rooms were always nastified! Well, needless to say I THOUGHT it was a good job until they fired my a$$!

Did you just see what god did to us man?

If Barbie is so popular why do have to buy her friends?

Last edited by <_-~*No_nutts*~-_>; 12-05-2003 at 02:44 PM..
<_-~*No_nutts*~-_> is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links