Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree53Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat Whats the stupiest thing anyone has told you about Indians? Whats the stupiest thing anyone has told you about Indians?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #161
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Mushbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 391.18
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
I was at Barona Powwow once,

a non-Native lady tells me

"I'm 10% Cherokee"

(no claims to Princess status)
I'm surprised you didn't get the princess quote because everyone I meet is Cherokee whenever the word "Indian" comes up within a conversation. The grandmother is always an "Indian princess with hair down to here...."
Mushbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #162

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 14,804.88
Average young germans think of indians living in tents only and say Hau, mainly based on Karl May's stories. And Wikipedia talks about Aztecs as indians who once lived...
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #163
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Average young germans think of indians living in tents only and say Hau, mainly based on Karl May's stories. And Wikipedia talks about Aztecs as indians who once lived...
That happen to me before I have gone to a Ojibwe language class to check it out one indian said hau to me I fine it to be offensive for talking like that to me so I fired some Ojibwe back at him.
Spiritflight likes this.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Last edited by White Powwow Dancer; 04-08-2014 at 07:55 PM..
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #164
Tiny Tot Dancer

Mushbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 391.18
Everyone claims to be Cherokee

Whenever the subject of NDNs come up the other person - no matter if they are black or white- always says what we've heard thousands of times, "My greatgrandmother was full blooded Cherokee." I hate hearing that because if in fact they have NdN DNA everyone can't be Cherokee because here in North Carolina alone there lived hundreds of First Nation Tribes not just Cherokee and descendants of those nations still live here.
Mushbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #165
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,872.33
Everytime a Non NDN thinks of NDN's They always say to me One of Two Things!!

Firstly they still believe All NDN's Live In Tents as that is what they call them.. And they know I want to Visit and they all ask me if I will be "Sleeping In A Real NDN Tent?

Secondly....they say ..Why Do NDN's Say ."HOW"?? and "Why Don't They Say Hi Or Hello Instead??
Siobhanni is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #166
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
Savings: 1.00
I like it when I go to the bar and they tell me I'm prejudice against all other races and then turn around when someone rowdy comes in or a fight breaks out that I'm the "good indian" because I was just as offended as they were, in regards to the behavior displayed.

Yes, there are gonna be days when rowdy ndns are gonna come into the bar, yes there will be days that a fight breaks out and all the ndns are fighting...but there are days when it's you too, and I still don't say anything. I go to the bar to have a few and goof around and relax before I go home to do my homebody stuff. I don't think you realize how offensive it is to be called the "good ndn"...if you really knew me...smh. HA HA!
windanncer, Siobhanni and Mushbear like this.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #167
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
I'm going to go crazy if another white person asks when the tribes here are getting their settlements!!

It's bad enough with all the rumors amongst the tribal members about when it's coming, why do the divos need to be all nosey??!!??

PS. Chevy, you sound like a fun person to party with!! :devil:
Old 04-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #168
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Siobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond reputeSiobhanni has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
I'm going to go crazy if another white person asks when the tribes here are getting their settlements!!

It's bad enough with all the rumors amongst the tribal members about when it's coming, why do the divos need to be all nosey??!!??

PS. Chevy, you sound like a fun person to party with!! :devil:
I agree with you @wyo_rose @Chevy_truckin_NDN You both sound like fun people would be good to party with as you seem Great Lively Fun People..and I definately enjoy Goofyness as being I am defo a Goofy person myself....My Motto Is...Why be A "Boring Party Pooper" when you can be A "Party Goofer" hahahahahahahaha...See defo Goofy lol
Mushbear likes this.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #169
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Since you're Irish, I bet you could hang with some crazy native partiers. LOL No offense!! To anyone!!

Last edited by wyo_rose; 04-14-2014 at 09:26 AM..
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #170
Siobhanni Inion Tuatha

Items Sword
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Since you're Irish, I bet you could hang with some crazy native partiers. LOL No offense!! To anyone!!
Rofl...So When? And Where? Are We Going Then @wyo_rose hahahahahaha and Who should we grab on the way?? I Vote Chevy_truckin_NDN Too lol.
Mushbear likes this.

Last edited by wyo_rose; 04-14-2014 at 09:26 AM..
Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #171
Ready to dance

Payday!
windanncer, Siobhanni and gilisi like this.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #172
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 28,558.73
Whats the stupiest thing anyone has told you about Indians?

1) They are extinct

**** Keep in mind that I am white and was married to a native and I have native children now read the next two stupid comments

2) They (Native people) must accept you to let you into their tribe.

3) They let you live with them cuz you have an Indian spirit.

Apparently being mom has nothing to do with it?!!!!!!!
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #173
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
I took your mom as an aunt, therefore, you have to listen to me...
windanncer and gilisi like this.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #174
3 down and 1 to go! lol

I don't know why you just don't get it for free....

lol my friend Auggie told me this. I was like really? He says, yes you indians get all kinds of stuff free. I told him, hey, those ain't fighting words, but I will hit you if you group with "you indians" again. It's not like I say all mexicans this, or that. So he says, okay, you don't get anything for free? I said, I gotta pay like everyone else...

Old 09-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #175
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushbear View Post
Whenever the subject of NDNs come up the other person - no matter if they are black or white- always says what we've heard thousands of times, "My greatgrandmother was full blooded Cherokee." I hate hearing that because if in fact they have NdN DNA everyone can't be Cherokee because here in North Carolina alone there lived hundreds of First Nation Tribes not just Cherokee and descendants of those nations still live here.
I had people tell I'am part indian sans Cherokee part.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #176
Tasunke Wakan Okalakiciye

Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,479.12
I don't like it when people mispronounce Indian Tribes ie; weatherpersons, town names, and such !!!
Harland Jones is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #177
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,512.31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
I took your mom as an aunt, therefore, you have to listen to me...
Did you listen?
windanncer likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links