Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Kind Seizure you or famliy have?
Simple pantial Seizure 1 50.00%
complex pantial seizure 0 0%
toxic-clonic seizure 0 0%
adsence seizure 0 0%
drop attch seizure 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Health Issues Epilepsy Epilepsy

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 03:09 AM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
A.J will become famous soon enough
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Epilepsy

i have it,
and i am dancer

i have seizures,

somebody out have same thing?

i like hear from you
A.J is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-04-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
Senior Dancer

Dyami has a reputation beyond repute
Dyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Nice to meet you A.J someone here probably could give you some good info. Have you tried joining some Yahoo Groups you can find a lot of support groups that way to. My son has Autism/ADHD I have found a lot of good infomation and resources through the Yahoo Groups and there might be some support meetings right in your area where you can meet and talk to others who have epilepsy.
But like I said there are very good helpful people here as well that could help to good luck A.J.
If you don't get help from anyone here you can email me or send me a message and I will try an help you find information just type Epilepsy in the subject/title line so I know who you are okay.

Last edited by Dyami; 05-04-2005 at 11:01 PM..
Dyami is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
I have it and so does my son. I am not allowed to drive a car. Are you?

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

hi back

no, i can"t drive a car,
becase of my siezure.
thank-you reply
Old 05-28-2005, 02:30 AM   #5
Senior Dancer

Dyami has a reputation beyond repute
Dyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond reputeDyami has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J
no, i can"t drive a car,
becase of my siezure.
thank-you reply
Good to see your still here A.J did you ever find out the information that you needed?
Dyami is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-28-2005, 03:10 AM   #6
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, I am surprised that more people did not subscribe to this thread. Epilepsy is an awful thing. I have a hard time with memory too. After a seizure it is like I lose much of what happened right before the seizure. I mean like up to a month. I hate it. People will say "Don't you remember such and such?" and I am like "NO!" also the not being able to drive thing is hard. I can't just get in a car and go get milk. I have to make arrangements to go places. I haven't had a grand mal in almost 5 years but have petites all the time. The first time my son had a seizure, he was 8. He was laying on the couch and I thought he was playing until he wouldn't stop. Then I lost it. It seemed like the paramedics took forever and he quit breathing. It was the longest one I ever saw or experienced. He did not come out of it until he was in the back of the ambulance. NIGHTMARE. Almost lost him. How do you cope and how bad is it for you?

Last edited by ~pathwalker~; 05-28-2005 at 03:15 AM..
Old 05-30-2005, 04:24 AM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

hi

my siezure are not life ,
but only if have drop attach *(ground )
Old 05-31-2005, 01:13 PM   #8
PowWows.com Addicts

Got your pm. Thanx for writing me.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #9
Junior Dancer

mreyna is a jewel in the rough
my sister had epilepsy for 15 years. she had to have brain surgery to remove the part of the brain causing them they got so bad. she had temperlobe seizures. she is almost 34 now and she hasnt had a seizure since she was 15. the only thing is she had a stroke while in recovery due to an air bubble. but she couldnt drive either. flashing lights would make her have a seizure or even a commercial on tv could make her have one. Im not sure if she lost memory after one due to the fact that grand mal seizures are usually worse than temperlobe. so I have been around it most of my life.
mreyna is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

If I get cold I can have one that lasts for hours, series of petites one right after another. You know how you shiver and your teeth chatter if you get cold. I do that uncontrolably. The first time it happened, because of cold, we were on a charity run on the Harley. as the sun went down it was freezing on that bike. When we got to the final destination, I couldn't stop for over two hours. My husband had to ride the bike home and get the Van so I didnt have to go thru it again. He's so sweet! Anyway it happens now if I even catch the slightest breeze. And it doesnt even have to be that cool for it to happen. I wouldnt wish this on anyone.

Old 06-08-2005, 03:16 AM   #11
Tiny Tot Dancer

hi,
thank, tell me ,
i never know cold bring siezure.(your )
i hope not have a siezure at work, becase i cook prep.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:34 AM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

Hi AJ, Yes cold, But also it just seems that way and really isnt. If you are on meds to control, you shouldn't have one at work but there is always a possibility.

Old 06-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #13
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
my mom had them till she passed, my sister also has them..it is very hard to watch them have to go thru something thatthey have no control over..they could never go to fireworks displays it would throw them into a seizure the minute they would get away from them..my sister was always petite maul seizures till she had kids then they moved into gran maul, hers are so bad she has to go in the hospital for days. they cant seem to get her meds right and that is frustrating to see. She wants so badly to have a normal life. giving up driving was the hardest thing she had to do. I think it is so brave what epilepsy folks go thru on a dail basis, they struggle with the fear that anyday it might be a big one, but continue to go about their daily lives no matter the disease...ooo and just a little word of advice for people who dont understand the disease? Its not a fit they are having.. children throw fits... sorry just one of my pet peeves.. was very hard to listen to folks say that growing up.. Hugzzzzzzzz to all of you and keep smiling... :)
Old 06-08-2005, 09:45 AM   #14
Teen Dancer

momme is just really nice
Savings: 1.00
My son has Epilepsy, right now it's considered intractable because he's on 3 meds and still can't get to less than 5 or 6 a day.

Pathwalker- my son does the shiver thing too it was his third kind to show up. The Dr doesn't know what to make of that one.

I had never dealt with seizures at all until he got started, and it is definitely one of the scarier symptoms he has.

Sarah
momme is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #15
PowWows.com Addicts

Momme,
My son had it too but "grew" out of them. The neurologists said it was the best kind for him to have because it only affected him while he was an adolescent. WHAT???? He hasn't had one since he was 14, I think, and he is 18 now. But I don't trust that they will NEVER return like the doc said because of my own experiences with it. My docs just call the "cold" ones Focal seizures, ask your doc about it. I really don't know, my doc was puzzled by it too. I am glad to hear that someone else knows what I am talking about. I don't feel so alone with that kind now.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #16
Tiny Tot Dancer

hi,
one time couse , on street but start seizure, cop think she on drug, or high.cop think was very high, becase she was on street when a car coming.
i have tell cop she Siezure, but cop not belive it. he her test for drug. he find zore drug in her,
does everyone have story tell me
Old 06-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #17
PowWows.com Addicts

Hi, AJ. That happened to me when I wrecked car, had seizure when driving. Got to hospitol and they tested me too. Only to find zero also. They never believe because too many peeps lie to them about such things.

Old 06-09-2005, 02:15 AM   #18
Tiny Tot Dancer

Red face

hi,
that sad, they you same.
i have siezure but one out street but drop attch,
see later

Last edited by A.J; 06-09-2005 at 02:22 AM..
Old 06-09-2005, 10:58 AM   #19
PowWows.com Addicts

Thats sad, sorry to hear that. Just try and stay safe. Good luck with job. I pray for you.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:41 AM   #20
Tiny Tot Dancer

i had siezure today at soccer when we play a game ,( walk in circle and make nosic.) i forget name of siezure. it was emb. i was red when i know it.
Sponsored Links