Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Health Issues Here I am........all red faced Here I am........all red faced

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #1
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
Here I am........all red faced

Here I am all red faced and heat just pouring from my cheeks..what's missing? I'm not angry.. it's Rosacea. For no apparent reason the capillaries in my cheeks will fill with blood and flush bright red and heat will come off them so hot that the rest of my extremities will feel cold when I touch them to my face. Occasionally bumps like acne will pop up and then later when the episode is over they will dissappear. I'm treating it with stuff called Metrogel but it only keeps the bumps from appearing sometimes.
Does anyone else suffer rosacia and how do you treat it? Are there any known herbal remedies to help with the flareups?
Old 06-17-2004, 11:33 AM   #2
Teen Dancer

Sewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Rosacea (sp?), I have not heard of any herbal remedies, to put on topically. You may have to do an ol' fashioned cleansing. And cleanse often! I know a few people with this afflicion, and they are on a nother type of Drug. Metrogel can be used for topical treatment, but it works best with BV. I work at a Health Dept, and that is what we prescribe for girls and women that have BV. I wish I could be of maor help to you. Try not to blow a cap! I had to write it, not trying to be bad though.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:15 AM   #3
is actually posting!

*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute*Kwe_Zee* has a reputation beyond repute
Face all red and sweaty? What were you doing you naughty girl??? :D
*Kwe_Zee* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2004, 02:00 AM   #4
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
LOL not what I would like to be doing to be all red and sweaty!!

Ok Sewickly.. I know I'm gonna be embarassed that I did'nt know this...but what is BV?Metrogel is what they prescribe folks up here for rosacea but I know there are other medicines. Honestly though.. do you think something with peppermint or eucaplyptis would help cool down the flareups possibly? Unfortunatly i got super sensitive skin and am allergic to so many things that blossom and bloom in the summer and then they told me i was allergic to the sun (still don't believe that one, I think it's the sunscreens or cottonwood) so I do have to be careful about what i put on my skin, especially my face. Otherwise I become a walking eczema rash.
I'm told this can possibly get worse with age such as thickening of the skin and such.. but as far back as I can remember it's always been about like it is now with my entire face getting red like I just ran 5 miles in the desert LOL!!! But it does it in the winter too when it's cold. Anyhow i was just seeing if anyone else here had the same and what do they do.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
Teen Dancer

Sewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond reputeSewickly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear
LOL not what I would like to be doing to be all red and sweaty!!

Ok Sewickly.. I know I'm gonna be embarassed that I did'nt know this...but what is BV?Metrogel is what they prescribe folks up here for rosacea but I know there are other medicines. Honestly though.. do you think something with peppermint or eucaplyptis would help cool down the flareups possibly? Unfortunatly i got super sensitive skin and am allergic to so many things that blossom and bloom in the summer and then they told me i was allergic to the sun (still don't believe that one, I think it's the sunscreens or cottonwood) so I do have to be careful about what i put on my skin, especially my face. Otherwise I become a walking eczema rash.
I'm told this can possibly get worse with age such as thickening of the skin and such.. but as far back as I can remember it's always been about like it is now with my entire face getting red like I just ran 5 miles in the desert LOL!!! But it does it in the winter too when it's cold. Anyhow i was just seeing if anyone else here had the same and what do they do.
Blackbear, BV is Bacterial Vaginosis, now Metrogel can be used in skin disorders, but the main use is BV. Like I said I work at a Health Department and this is what we prescribe to our girls that are wearing too tight of clothing, or have had a yeast infection and did not get it taken care of and etc.....

Peppermint might work, but I would diltue it since it is going on my face. Lavender works for the breakout that I get on my back, and I still dilute it. I get something like yeast on my back and it is aggrivated by heat, and I am in N.C. where it is blazing right now.

Like I said a Good Sweat has helped me, but I had to do it ritually! Getting the toxins out of you system always has a good effect on the body.

But remember you have to cleanse another way as well. The majority of all of our health problems stem from the colon. It sounds quacky and crazy, but just think about it, and that takes some time too.

I have talked with others and have found since we have an intolerance to sugar, processed foods, refined this and that, let's not forget wheat and flour that we have to go back to what our body knows, or shall I say, what our DNA shall remember. I know it sounds crazy, but in a lot of ways it makes since.

And as far as the sun is concerned goes back to watching what you eat, and what products you use to put on your face. Oatmeal will soothe any flare- ups that you might have.

Let me know how it turns out!
Old 06-19-2004, 04:50 PM   #6
Honey Connoissuer

Ahhh... now I'm kinda sorry I asked LOL.. naw seriously thanks for answering that. I think I will inquire of other treatments now.

Well the sun stuff (if I am actually allergic to it) is probably from the 7 years of working the midnight shift and not exactly seeing the sun for those 7 years. But I know what you mean about diet as well.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:32 AM   #7
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
If your actually allergic to the sun; it's called PMLE, my husband suffers from it year round, but especially in the springtime when the sun is making its first appearances in Alaska. They have a couple different tests they can perform, to help determine if you have PMLE. The rash that you described above doesn't sound much like what he gets. It's sound more like rosacea to me; I have an auntie down in the states that has that.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
Lost in NY

Ojidanowe is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90.00
Quote:
Here I am all red faced and heat just pouring from my cheeks..what's missing? I'm not angry.. it's Rosacea. For no apparent reason the capillaries in my cheeks will fill with blood and flush bright red and heat will come off them so hot that the rest of my extremities will feel cold when I touch them to my face. Occasionally bumps like acne will pop up and then later when the episode is over they will dissappear. I'm treating it with stuff called Metrogel but it only keeps the bumps from appearing sometimes.
Does anyone else suffer rosacia and how do you treat it? Are there any known herbal remedies to help with the flareups?

Check out this link. This works well for a cousin of mine.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #9
Teen Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojidanowe
Check out this link. This works well for a cousin of mine.
The link did not come through! I am interested, I just like to know what others are using! Thank You!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #10
Honey Connoissuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WocusWoman
If your actually allergic to the sun; it's called PMLE, my husband suffers from it year round, but especially in the springtime when the sun is making its first appearances in Alaska. They have a couple different tests they can perform, to help determine if you have PMLE. The rash that you described above doesn't sound much like what he gets. It's sound more like rosacea to me; I have an auntie down in the states that has that.
Oh the rash I get is rosacea but it's not the same kinda rash I get with the sun. That rash was like a really hot and extremely itchy eczema that would flare up in a patch on one area and then disappear an hour later and then reappear somewhere else for an hour then go away and then reappear... but it was only for two days this went on. It started the day after my first time at Eklutna's gathering. It has'nt happened since and I've been to hawaii twice since then even. That's why I think they are wrong in the diagnosis. However, every year I go out to Eklutna, I do break out with a big rash of eczema so there is something out there plantwise that I'm allergic to and I'm thinking it's the sticky stuff on cottonwood seed pods. Either that or it's another type of plantlife there that is'nt in Anchorage.
What is your hubby's like though?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:33 PM   #11
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
His PMLE will last for months at a time. It's medium sized patches of skin that are raised; maybe 1 1/2-2 inches in size, they are very red and inflamed for months at a time near his ears and around his eyes at times. It causes a great deal of pain for him; and even with medicine at night he will scratch and scratch, and keep me up all night. Also; his and our daughter's allergies are really reactive in the springtime with the cotton wood, spruce and mold in the air. You could be onto something there. He's suffered from PMLE since he was in his early 20's; we have not found the miracle cure for it yet, just small ways to treat his symptoms and make it easier on him. Also, when he travels he will make sure and grab a clean pillow and pillow case from home; he's had bad allergic reactions from sleeping on hotel or other people's bedding, bleach used in the bedding seems particularly bothersome. I must wash everything in the clear or free type laundry soaps. I only use bleach when I must; and re-rinse when I do.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #12
Honey Connoissuer

oH POOR THING! I feel for him! But I don't suffer nearly that bad nor is it as you described. I might be sun sensitive now but I have always doubted that I was allergic to it.

Yeah, as for cottonwood. Where I grew up there were'nt any cottonwood trees so I've only ever had really bad reactions to grass and detergents so I'm pretty sure it's the cottonwood doing it to me.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #13
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Don't worry bear...There are different types of Metrogel.. there is Opthalmic...dermal....oral as well as vaginal. ;)
Old 07-23-2004, 03:02 AM   #14
Honey Connoissuer

LOL ok... thanks Mato.. makes me feel better knowing I'm not putting ***-creme on my face LOL!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:17 AM   #15
Senior Dancer

Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,749.88
Savings: 181.14
dang i cant believe i have been missing out on all kinds of information in the health threads, have you found any thing for the redness. I have found this website interesting http://www.skincarephysicians.com/rosaceanet/index.html

ok now i am off to read the other threads
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 AM   #16
Gotz ta be me!

Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Singing Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond reputeSinging Otter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LOL ok... thanks Mato.. makes me feel better knowing I'm not putting ***-creme on my face LOL!

LMAO @ ***-creme! hahahahahaha
Old 04-27-2006, 05:40 AM   #17
Honey Connoissuer

COOL thanks for that link!! No I never found anything for the redness. I have'nt gotten the thickened skin or the real bad acne.. just some bumps that go away after awhile and the redness and slight inflamation on the apples of my cheeks. But the redness has taken over and it looks like there's red dots all over my face most of the time now so I've gone to wearing foundation which is something I have'nt used since I first started trying out wearing makeup and found i did'nt need it... well I do now. But what I found to use (thanks to my sister and mom) is that Bare Minerals foundation you see in informercials.. IT WORKS and it works EXCELLENT. It goes on dry, you use very little , it's 100% natural and stays on all day and does not irritate your face at all! And you would never believe how well it covers!! Heck I don't even use eye concealer with it because it covers so well... and it's not shiny but has more of a natural skin look to it. The thing now is.. since I have never had to wear blush being naturally all "rosey" this stuff covers well enough I might have to start using it LOL!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #18
Senior Dancer

Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Micki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond reputeMicki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,749.88
Savings: 181.14
thanks for the info i have been looking for make up i tried mary kay products but they make my face look un-natural lol on the blush i know what you mean, i dont get the acne either (crossing fingers) just the redness, itching, flushing and small bumps that go away too. Do you order the Bare minerals or is it available in stores?
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links