Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree203Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Health Issues Life without hospitals Life without hospitals

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #41
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,318.40
Savings: 0.00
On a serious note. Human controlled telepathy is nothing more than pseudoscience hogwash. Mankind has tried for millennia to do it and have failed. Scientist have invented technology (there's that word again) that allows us to have some control over another living creature's brain but that is more of a hack than "telepathy". In nature the only thing that even comes close to telepathy is on the subatomic level, a concept known as the "Theory of Quantum Entanglement", which is just that a theory and is something that we cannot control with our brains. We may be able to build machines and systems that may exploit it.

This notion that dying early is good is completely against our natural instinct of self-preservation. If something is trying to kill us we will naturally flee or fight it. When it comes to forces of nature that could kill us we develop technology to fight it off, just look at your house and it's climate control systems. I guarantee you that when it's cold you turn the heat on or toss some wood into the fireplace. Diseases, we kill those with vaccines, antibiotics, antivirals, sanitizers, waste management, plumbing, and sewage treatment. All of that in more to further our natural instinct to survive.

What you thought was the "Native American way" is entirely wrong. If you are looking for a group to attach to that is all about minimal technology, minimal environmental impact, and minimal health care amongst other things then you should look at joining a hippie commune.

I can almost bet that next time you cut yourself on a rusted piece of metal that you will be praying that you got a tetanus shot or you'll be rushing to the hospital once a bacterial infection sets in.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #42
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51,815.61
I gotta confess. I like this thread cause I love it when NDN women get assertive. I don't know what it is about that makes me want to cheer like a crazed sports fan LOL.
windanncer and subeeds like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2014, 03:54 AM   #43
Pow Wow Visitor

green5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 132.58
OK. If you are right, natives may be naive.

You look like fascinated by white man's inventions.

I tell you (as a white man), they are all irresponsible inventions that we make for fun and proving our superiority to God.

The fact that there are pain-killers in the nature is a proof that hospitals are not needed. But white man is thirsty to invent.

He invented the car without even thinking about implications about giving a car to "each person on the planet."

If I were you I would analyze the white man more carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Congratulations for being the straw that broke this camel's back.

Your newspaper clipping is a yet another telling of an old Indian joke. As I said it is a pithy one-liner to put an uppity white man in his place. However, I'm sure you'll believe that before me since it has a picture of an old Indian with braids and a nice Indian sounding name. Much more convincing than the writings of a Native woman in her lab.

I just knew that this argument would end with us being declared inauthentic. You are from Turkey. You are not a Native person. But, I am. I know my people; I know what we believe. But, you as a non-Native person can tell me my ways are lost. Excuse me?

You don't know what we believe. You don't even seem to know we have many many different tribes with different cultures and different philosophies. All you want is for us to be your imagined Indians.

Why is it every time we disagree with a non-Indian, their ultimate rebuttal to our argument is to tell us we aren't real Indians and don't know our own ways? We tell Hobs that they are appropriating our culture, they tell us they are preserving it because we can't. We disagree with an armchair anthro's interpretation of our culture and they tell us we don't know our culture. We tell New Agers that these are our ways, not theirs, and they tell us we are disgraces to our ancestors. Non-Indians always have to assume ownership and make themselves the gatekeepers of truth and authenticity. Intellectual Columbuses!
green5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2014, 03:56 AM   #44
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
I can almost bet that next time you cut yourself on a rusted piece of metal that you will be praying that you got a tetanus shot or you'll be rushing to the hospital once a bacterial infection sets in.
How animals survive this?

Last edited by green5; 10-31-2014 at 04:00 AM..
Old 10-31-2014, 03:56 AM   #45
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 33,764.94
Well, you aren't us-and believe me, Native Americans have had more than their share of chances to analyze the white man.
windanncer and RDNKJ like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2014, 04:08 AM   #46
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
On a serious note. Human controlled telepathy is nothing more than pseudoscience hogwash. Mankind has tried for millennia to do it and have failed. Scientist have invented technology (there's that word again) that allows us to have some control over another living creature's brain but that is more of a hack than "telepathy". In nature the only thing that even comes close to telepathy is on the subatomic level, a concept known as the "Theory of Quantum Entanglement", which is just that a theory and is something that we cannot control with our brains. We may be able to build machines and systems that may exploit it.
Science misunderstood telepathic research.

It is not guessing a number in another's mind.

It is analyzing the harm caused by subconscious telepathy.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:09 AM   #47
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
I'm curious as to something. Why are you here? Are you trying to see if you can disillusion us about the "Native Way" and how we have strayed from the "red path?" Won't work, I can tell you that right now.

If I recall correctly, your part of the world doesn't have the greatest reputation for being non-polluters, either.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:09 AM   #48
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by green5 View Post
How animals survive this?
they dont

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-31-2014, 04:18 AM   #49
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
OK. If you are right, natives may be naive.

You look like fascinated by white man's inventions.

I tell you (as a white man), they are all irresponsible inventions that we make for fun and proving our superiority to God.

The fact that there are pain-killers in the nature is a proof that hospitals are not needed. But white man is thirsty to invent.

He invented the car without even thinking about implications about giving a car to "each person on the planet."

If I were you I would analyze the white man more carefully.
consider it done! Now...go find some crazy like minded hippies. Get them super stoned (that way you have a better chance at making sense) and have at it!

Get off your computer! It's just random white man tech invented to kill you!
windanncer, subeeds, RDNKJ and 1 others like this.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 AM   #50
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
they dont
We are more important? If we are not we will not survive neither. Justice is in the nature.

Which technology is needed to fabricate vaccines?
Old 10-31-2014, 04:22 AM   #51
Pow Wow Committee

You are starting to sound like the adults in the Peanuts cartoons.
windanncer and subeeds like this.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-31-2014, 04:25 AM   #52
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
You are starting to sound like the adults in the Peanuts cartoons.
No I sound with someone who is awake.

You cannot see what technology did?

I do not understand how you can defend it.

Think about the car. THE CAR!!! Everywhere!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:26 AM   #53
small bead addict

Quote:
consider it done! Now...go find some crazy like minded hippies. Get them super stoned (that way you have a better chance at making sense) and have at it!

Get off your computer! It's just random white man tech invented to kill you!
Green guy, that's the best advice you will probably get today.
windanncer, RDNKJ and gilisi like this.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:27 AM   #54
small bead addict

Quote:

Is that like the plane, THE PLANE?
windanncer, RDNKJ and gilisi like this.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:27 AM   #55
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:

yeah...and you rode in one yesterday. So.....

If you are awake...I want to go back to sleep. So go away.
windanncer, subeeds and RDNKJ like this.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 AM   #56
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Green guy, that's the best advice you will probably get today.
OK. So you convinced me that Natives were in fact like americans.

This was a good lesson for my own survival.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:31 AM   #57
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Is that like the plane, THE PLANE?
You do not understand the problem with the car? We have billions of cars. They pollute. They are the cause for wars.

You do not understand this?
Old 10-31-2014, 04:41 AM   #58
small bead addict

And Fukishima is still leaking radioactvie waste and that pollutes more than cars. This does not concern you? Rhetorical question-never mind.

Looking forward to catching up on this thread Mon.-especially since baseball is officially over. LOL!
windanncer and gilisi like this.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:50 AM   #59
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
And Fukishima is still leaking radioactvie waste and that pollutes more than cars. This does not concern you? Rhetorical question-never mind.
This is a white man ego trick. You hide the real conversation, and appear more intelligent. You just hide the truth about the harm done by the technology with some joke and I look stupid.

Bravo and good luck.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:55 AM   #60
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
I look stupid.

Bravo and good luck.

"Show me somethin"
Sponsored Links