Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree22Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Health Issues Vegetables and Fruit, as nutrient. Vegetables and Fruit, as nutrient.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 03:09 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Lisandro is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 193.86
Savings: 0.00
Vegetables and Fruit, as nutrient.

Well It is clear that vegetables and fruits performs important, role in improvement of our health and changed way of life because of the fact these have natural vitamins. protein, calcium mineral, iron and different nutritional value which our body is needed but unfortunately it is sorry to say that large number of people are still stick on foods which are the major cause of obese and high-cholesterol level.
xTekno and EvaSimp like this.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 85,140.75
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisandro View Post
Well It is clear that vegetables and fruits performs important, role in improvement of our health and changed way of life because of the fact these have natural vitamins. protein, calcium mineral, iron and different nutritional value which our body is needed but unfortunately it is sorry to say that large number of people are still stick on foods which are the major cause of obese and high-cholesterol level.
I switched to carrotts, celery, cucumbers, brussel sprouts, broccoli, nuts, bananas, and apple. Totally cut out anything tried and all beverages except for water.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,576.33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
I switched to carrotts, celery, cucumbers, brussel sprouts, broccoli, nuts, bananas, and apple. Totally cut out anything tried and all beverages except for water.
So I can't invite you and @Lisandro to the whole hog bbq? We are having grits, macaroni and cheese (down south its classified as a vegetable, along with grits), some collards boiled to death and then cooked in fatback or bacon grease, a sidecar of bacon grease, with some pork fat dipping sticks, and I was making deep fried donuts--that's where you take a donut (which is already deep fried and 75% greaase) and then you batter it up and deep fry it again, for another hole layer, for dessert. I could probably put some more bacon grease and pork fat in the hole of the donut before I batter it so it'd have this greasy liquid center. just kidding. I am really sick of southern cooking.

Nah, we went almost completely vegetarian, just high end seafood, we live near the ocean, or organic or fresh hunted or raised by us. And then only two or three times a week. Vegetarians the rest of the time. I do use a few dairy items, butter, cheese rarely and yogurt, and eggs occasionally. But cut out most of the meat, including Mr. Hogg which down here is sacreligious. Mostly vegetables most of the time. We try to catch or raise what we eat, chickens and rabbits, both of which are vegan fed, deer meat and buffalo, except no hogs, there's worms in the hog meat anyway.
alumphfres and xTekno like this.

Last edited by muskrat_skull; 02-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: spelling
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post
So I can't invite you and @Lisandro to the whole hog bbq? We are having grits, macaroni and cheese (down south its classified as a vegetable, along with grits), some collards boiled to death and then cooked in fatback or bacon grease, a sidecar of bacon grease, with some pork fat dipping sticks, and I was making deep fried donuts--that's where you take a donut (which is already deep fried and 75% greaase) and then you batter it up and deep fry it again, for another hole layer, for dessert. I could probably put some more bacon grease and pork fat in the hole of the donut before I batter it so it'd have this greasy liquid center. just kidding. I am really sick of southern cooking.

Nah, we went almost completely vegetarian, just high end seafood, we live near the ocean, or organic or fresh hunted or raised by us. And then only two or three times a week. Vegetarians the rest of the time. I do use a few dairy items, butter, cheese rarely and yogurt, and eggs occasionally. But cut out most of the meat, including Mr. Hogg which down here is sacreligious. Mostly vegetables most of the time. We try to catch or raise what we eat, chickens and rabbits, both of which are vegan fed, deer meat and buffalo, except no hogs, there's worms in the hog meat anyway.
LOL You know, down here in the south, they string you up if you tell people about the worms in hogs. That's a carefully guarded secret. Some people counter and say, oh, there USED to be worms or that if you cook it well enough, you KILL the worms, but I don't think the cooking removes the worms from the meat...you still eat dead cooked worms in a well cooked hog.

Yep, as we speak, Paula Deen is scanning your notes and triangulating your position to find you. Poor muscrat_skull. LOL
xTekno likes this.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Senior Dancer

muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post
LOL You know, down here in the south, they string you up if you tell people about the worms in hogs. That's a carefully guarded secret. Some people counter and say, oh, there USED to be worms or that if you cook it well enough, you KILL the worms, but I don't think the cooking removes the worms from the meat...you still eat dead cooked worms in a well cooked hog.

Yep, as we speak, Paula Deen is scanning your notes and triangulating your position to find you. Poor muscrat_skull. LOL
Yeah, the risk of the worms is also there in butchering and handling the meat, the eggs and all can get under your fingernails or whatever. They say you're supposed to catch the hog alive, transport it to your home, worm the hog and keep it in a pen, a wild hog, for a month feeding it. Hardly free meat at that point. And if you eat the meat too soon, the wormer isn't good for you. Most people just eat it with the worms. Its the only deed restriction I have, can't keep hogs, you know you're a redneck when...
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 102,500.46
Quote:
Yeah, the risk of the worms is also there in butchering and handling the meat, the eggs and all can get under your fingernails or whatever. They say you're supposed to catch the hog alive, transport it to your home, worm the hog and keep it in a pen, a wild hog, for a month feeding it. Hardly free meat at that point. And if you eat the meat too soon, the wormer isn't good for you. Most people just eat it with the worms. Its the only deed restriction I have, can't keep hogs, you know you're a redneck when...
you consider Mahatma rice a vegetable and the first thing you get at the grocery store on trading day is CRISCO!!!
xTekno likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
Pronounced like "docket"

docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh my, people just eat it with the worms? I read somewhere that 95% of people carry around worms of some sort. That's just plain nasty. In the old days, my aunt told me that our family used to worm the children in the spring. I heard horror stories about the concoction they had to drink that was strong enough to kill the worms but would allow the children to still live.
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
you consider Mahatma rice a vegetable and the first thing you get at the grocery store on trading day is CRISCO!!!
LOL!!
When your turkey at the holidays is turkey shaped crisco. You know I heard there's alot you can do with crisco...
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,250.70
[email protected] about the worms. I have a friend who doesn't eat pork because of this.

I would like nothing more than to be healthier, but a lot of times I'm on the go. I try to eat healthier especially since i had my liver transplant surgery, but some of my medications just makes me want to eat ANYTHING! It's crazy how i'll want to eat another big meal even though I had eaten just an hour ago. I keep some no sugar pudding, yogurt, fruit, and other snacks around, but it doesn't help!! I still get hungry. I will have to endure for another couple of months when docs will wean me from the meds.
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_miss View Post
[email protected] about the worms. I have a friend who doesn't eat pork because of this.

I would like nothing more than to be healthier, but a lot of times I'm on the go. I try to eat healthier especially since i had my liver transplant surgery, but some of my medications just makes me want to eat ANYTHING! It's crazy how i'll want to eat another big meal even though I had eaten just an hour ago. I keep some no sugar pudding, yogurt, fruit, and other snacks around, but it doesn't help!! I still get hungry. I will have to endure for another couple of months when docs will wean me from the meds.
I am sorry to hear you needed the transplant but glad you got it. Yogurt is supposed to be really good because the lactic acid helps toxins get out of your body. When I take those types of meds, not as high a dose as you, I try to eat a little really slowly, but usually it doesn't help. Now that your liver is gonna work so much better, you will probably drop any extra pounds much easier once you are back on your normal routine.
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I am sorry to hear you needed the transplant but glad you got it. Yogurt is supposed to be really good because the lactic acid helps toxins get out of your body. When I take those types of meds, not as high a dose as you, I try to eat a little really slowly, but usually it doesn't help. Now that your liver is gonna work so much better, you will probably drop any extra pounds much easier once you are back on your normal routine.
I'm very fortunate to receive a new liver. My situation was very scary. Once I found out I had Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH), i was told i needed a new liver within 24-48 hours or else I'd die. I don't remember this at all, but my husband and family were scared. After 24 hours, I did receive a new liver from an anonymous 27 year old petite woman from the Dallas area. Her unselfish decision is what saved my life. I'll forever be grateful for her.

As far as my meds, the one that affects me so much is the prednisone. I'll be glad to discontinue taking it. My tranplant coordinator says after 6 months, I will probably stop taking it. March 7 will be 6 months post transplant, but my next visit isn't until April 4. But...i shouldn't complain. I'm now healthy and live, so what's one lil pill to worry about? LOL.

Are you on FB? There's a group called Liver Transplant Patients, i believe. If you haven't already, you should join!
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Senior Dancer

Quote:
I'm very fortunate to receive a new liver. My situation was very scary. Once I found out I had Autoimmune hepatitis (AIH), i was told i needed a new liver within 24-48 hours or else I'd die. I don't remember this at all, but my husband and family were scared. After 24 hours, I did receive a new liver from an anonymous 27 year old petite woman from the Dallas area. Her unselfish decision is what saved my life. I'll forever be grateful for her.

As far as my meds, the one that affects me so much is the prednisone. I'll be glad to discontinue taking it. My tranplant coordinator says after 6 months, I will probably stop taking it. March 7 will be 6 months post transplant, but my next visit isn't until April 4. But...i shouldn't complain. I'm now healthy and live, so what's one lil pill to worry about? LOL.

Are you on FB? There's a group called Liver Transplant Patients, i believe. If you haven't already, you should join!
No, I'm not on FB. I am on that med now. my meld isn't high enough for them. I got acutely ill when I was young, and have just slowly malingered for a while, the rest of my body being attacked as you know, the disease affects all kinds of things. Now things are changing as I'm older too.

That should be a cure for you and you'll be off that pred soon. I take handfuls of stuff. I think that AIH and PBC are more prevalent in Indians, right? It seems to be in my family.
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
Happy Beading Woman

Quote:
No, I'm not on FB. I am on that med now. my meld isn't high enough for them. I got acutely ill when I was young, and have just slowly malingered for a while, the rest of my body being attacked as you know, the disease affects all kinds of things. Now things are changing as I'm older too.

That should be a cure for you and you'll be off that pred soon. I take handfuls of stuff. I think that AIH and PBC are more prevalent in Indians, right? It seems to be in my family.
So far, I'm the only one in my family and tribe who needed a liver transplant, although a distant relative will need a liver transplant soon, too. I'm not sure what his condition is though.

Have you ever researched AIH and alternative methods? I just recently read a book about a mother who did a lot of research for her young daughter at that time. She went on to find alternative methods for her daughter's AIH, and "cured" her from it. It was very interesting and made some sense. I believe the book is called Curing Courtney. I do believe we all have the potential to heal ourselves if we can commit to it.

I wish you good luck and prayers for healing!! Without prayer, i would not be here at all.
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
Senior Dancer

Quote:
So far, I'm the only one in my family and tribe who needed a liver transplant, although a distant relative will need a liver transplant soon, too. I'm not sure what his condition is though.

Have you ever researched AIH and alternative methods? I just recently read a book about a mother who did a lot of research for her young daughter at that time. She went on to find alternative methods for her daughter's AIH, and "cured" her from it. It was very interesting and made some sense. I believe the book is called Curing Courtney. I do believe we all have the potential to heal ourselves if we can commit to it.

I wish you good luck and prayers for healing!! Without prayer, i would not be here at all.
I will check out the book. Thanks! I have the markers for pbc and aih and other associated autoimmune syndromes. I am very careful with my liver after two severe bouts. They said they don't know what will cause liver failure, or when. Anything, anytime. Like you, it just happens out of the blue. But meanwhile the rest of my body is being trashed. Did you know you had AIH before you went into liver failure?
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #15
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Quote:

That's me! For some odd unrelated reasons.

What I've found that helps: drinking Knoxx gelatin dissolved in hot water twice a day. And have an Atkins shake twice a day: before breakfast (or after if I eat early), and as my afterschool snack. And even have some on hand if I'm hungry before bed.

This isn't in place of any meals..just keeps me from cheating.
xTekno likes this.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #16
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisandro View Post
It is hard to get folks to try new foods, especially expensive fruits and veggies. If Bountiful Baskets(.org) is available in your area, it's a good way to get produce inexpensively, a great variety, and where fresh stuff is hard to find.

Vegetarians please remember that getting enough protein is curtail. Some veggies have protein, but they are incomplete. You must learn which veggies to combine to create complete proteins for essential nutrition.
xTekno likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #17
Pow Wow Visitor

Agley is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 175.32
Hey guys,I read out thoroughly all the posts about the importance of the vegetarian and fresh fruits and i agree with all reviews.Vegetarian and fresh fruits has own importance in our life.fruits and vegetables are essential for our body.It is the best source for get the vitamins and energy....
xTekno likes this.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
You just told me you were having a New York Strip Steak...

Guess the diet is out the window then, eh?
Old 02-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #19
Pow Wow Visitor

Couran is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 184.26
I think the act of eating destroys nutrients. Maybe we should look for another way to get nutrients.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #20
Pow Wow Visitor

jonson is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 115.56
Hi...!
Fresh fruits and vegetable are the best natural source of vitamin and calories , they provide us proper nutrition and energy which help to keep our body fit and young . We should must add both of them in our food plan .
EvaSimp likes this.

Last edited by jonson; 08-11-2014 at 07:57 AM..
jonson is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links