Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Health Issues What did you do today to be healthy? What did you do today to be healthy?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #21
pancake flipper

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
I would have caved in and ate the Snickers. Because I'm so weak, I had to find ways to keep myself satisfied which is why I gag down the protien powder. Actually, it's not so bad. I get a bag of vanilla flavor at Costco. Also, apples help. I eat a lot of apples between meals. They stave off the appetite.
Pvt Butter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #22
pancake flipper

Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
Pvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond reputePvt Butter has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochunk_mama79
Dang it sounds like you guys are doing good. I'm trying to go back to eating kinda healthy, leaving the pop/soda and junk food alone. I just had a baby boy in sept of this year so ....I got used of eating WHATEVER WHENEVER but now I don't have an excuse anymore.

So I am really trying to get back into shape and stop eating fast food. I'm trying to drink more water to replace "dr.pepper" and fruit, salads. I guess thats a start for me. I'll get there one day ....hopefully! But today I had some of my ma's bomb chilli w/cheese with a diet pepsi .....

you'll probably end up eating less if you cut out the fast food and just think of the money you save!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #23
pancake flipper

PF Changs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse
Ah geez! Here I was gonna get cashew chicken for lunch today, but now I guess I'll get something healthy after reading how good you all are doing. Thanks guys (grumble, grumble)

You know what's good? Those Lettuce Wraps from PF Changs.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #24
ndn Queen!!!

ndngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 345.84
Savings: 0.00
HAHAHA...i made sure the skinny attorney in my office ate ALL of the halloween snickers ASAP since i joined weight watchers i like to keep track of my food--it really helps me keep myself in check.and i see how quickly the snacking here and there adds up.

i walked alot today and took the stairs, etc to get some exercise in....i'm actually looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow since i have time off to get in a complete cardio/strength workout...
have a good day!!!!
ndngirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #25
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
I used to teach a diabetes prevention class, and writing down everything you eat was the main thing we were trying to get our participants to do. So much of our eating is mindless, just the act of writing down what you eat makes you aware and helps you eat better.

I do great with my eating when I'm at work, it's when I get home that I start to snack. But I figured out this weekend that I eat way less when I stay busy with my kids and cleaning my house!

My healthy thing for the day was I made a big pot of chicken and wild rice soup last night, enough for a couple of days, so I have my healthy dinner for the next couple of nights, and I can spend the time I would have been cooking on relaxing with my babies. Pair it with some whole wheat rolls and a salad and I've got a very healthy meal. And I found out this morning that I lost a pound last week. Only 5.5 lbs. to go and I'll have lost all my pregnancy weight.
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #26
Teen Dancer

Ol'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond reputeOl'Girl has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna have to start reporting on what I did yesterday! Yesterday, I elliptical'ed for an hour and drank at least a gallon of water. Today, I ate a banana and snack size tupperware container of cottage cheese. Packed a pear and apple for snacks. Also, packed two Dole fruit cups. And packed my Organic Rice Dream milk for my Apple/Cinnamon Cheerios. Brought my leftovers from Boston Market which is 1/2 servings of meatloaf, sweet potatoes with marshmellows, creamy spinach (no e-coli added) and cornbread. Ate the other 1/2 servings for dinner last night. I'll report tomorrow if I actually ate these things that I packed.
Ol'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #27
Minglin' N Jinglin'

MayChe has a reputation beyond repute
MayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond reputeMayChe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 900.00
I started getting up early to do aerobics and cutting out alot of fast food in my diet. I've lost about 11 lbs so far and I hope to lose more when powwow season down here is in full swing.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:33 AM   #28
pancake flipper

I had the best facial today! Pure avacado.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #29
ndn Queen!!!

ndngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 345.84
i walked a whole bunch yesterday then i actually tried out my new step aerobics dance video...i was tired just watching..lol..its a good challenge...and i'm a little sore....today YOGA!!!
ndngirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2006, 01:33 PM   #30
Teen Dancer

ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone care to share how well they made it through Thanksgiving??

What I did over this holiday was to WORK OUT ON THANKSGIVING DAY BEFORE I ATE!!! That felt great, then I didn't want to eat as much of the bad stuff because I didn't want all my hard work to go to waste. Make no mistake, I did enjoy my meal, but I used moderation for a change.

Then I powwow'd over the weekend (more exercise) and when I weighed at the beginning of this week, I had not gained any weight!!!!

Today, I had a healthy breakfast (as usual), just got done with a healthy snack of lowfat yogurt and fruit, and have my workout clothes ready to go this afternoon. I haven't worked out all week and I'm starting to get sleepy in the evenings, so I KNOW I need to work out regularly and get back to it quick (working out and eating right gives me so much energy....my favorite part about being healthy).

So, how did everyone else do over Thanksgiving?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #31
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
Whew! I made it through Thanksgiving by measuring my portions and staying away from the dressing, bread, and potatoes. Just ate turkey, vegetables and some fruit.
I worked out the day before, not that day and then flew out to Indio and worked out on their state of the art machines at the Fantasy Springs Hotel...those are awesome machines. Made my machines at work look kinda sad. But I am thankful that I pushed myself to work out even though I was on a pow wow vacation. LOL
I am just starting this new lifestyle of eating right and exercising so I am just learning. I have been faithful to my exercise, but sometimes slip a little on my diet, especially when I am tired?? I picked up my incline on my treadmill and elliptical yesterday and got a real good workout. I was encouraged. Yeah....the 15 minute rule is true, even if you don't feel like working out, once you start, your energy level picks up and you tend to challenge yourself to complete your workout. I found that to be true. It helps me to know that you guys are all facing the same dilemma and to hear your victories and your ability to stick with or start over when you slip. I thought I was the only one who got discouraged. LOL
Keep moving!!!
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #32
Teen Dancer

Yes, when I'm tired is prime time for me to munch. There's a reason for that. When you're tired, usually as a result of stress or fatigue, your body wants to compensate and bring your seratonin levels up (the chemical in your brain that regulates your mood), and the quickest way to do that is getting quick energy from simple carbohydrates. That's why we crave foods like sweets, chips, chocolate, etc., when we're tired or stressed. The problem occurs if we give in to those cravings....it causes your blood sugar to spike, giving you a lift in mood and energy but your blood sugar will drop very quickly, leaving you more tired than before you ate the simple carbs.

If you can recognize that your cravings or compulsion to snack is stress-related, that can help in redirecting your food choices or your behavior/activity choices.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #33
Teen Dancer

After being inactive all week, I finally got my tired self out the office door and to the gym to work out for 40 minutes today! I did manage to eat good all week and I felt better towards the end of the week, so this gets my weekend off to a good start.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #34
Pow Wow Committee

Items DollElephantDolphin
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,182.41
Savings: 2.03
Well, as for myself..........I run a total of 2 miles back and forth from da living room to da kitchen every half hour to grab a Budweiser, lol...........
LISA IRONMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #35
Tiny Tot Dancer

takesallleads has a spectacular aura about
healthy

took a healthy poop this morning before i went jogging my usuall 5 miles aday

Last edited by takesallleads; 12-04-2006 at 02:28 PM..
takesallleads is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #36
Senior Dancer

sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101.00
Hit the machines today during lunch hour since my girls are playing ball tonite, so no time to workout after school today. LOL, hit the machines for 45 minutes and i feel like I wanted to just die. LOL But I pushed myself since i had the weekend off and didn't do anything productive. I am learning to make myself exercise, and it is paying off. I feel alot better, tired, sore, aching muscles, but my spirit is stronger and that makes me feel good about myself. I am not where i want to be, physically, but I am not where I was 5 months ago.
I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #37
Pow Wow Committee

LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
yuck! whatever takesallleads..........quit telling on urself.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #38
Teen Dancer

apacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond reputeapacheheart has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

....worked out by practicing Capoeira,this is a Brazilian martial art(for those unfamiliar),and it is a pretty intense workout,with loads of stretching and hand balancing....just the warmup lasts a half hour!!Have lost 10 pounds in the last month just doing this,and I know come next powwow season,I'll be lookin goot!!....keep smilin1
apacheheart is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #39
Tiny Tot Dancer

takesallleads has a spectacular aura about
healthy

you need to poop to stay healthy
takesallleads is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #40
Pow Wow Committee

yo! maybe you do........at ur age, I guess you need to in order to stay healthy, lol..........
Sponsored Links