Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > Health Issues What did you do today to be healthy? What did you do today to be healthy?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #61
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
Talking

i wake up at 6 am and lie there thinking about my daily 30 minutes of cardio...for about an hour
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2006, 11:49 PM   #62
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I had poached eggs with whole wheat toast for breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch & grilled salmon with wild rice & broccoli for dinner also I worked out for about 45 min
oh yeah & I make oatmeal choc. chip cookies. Yumm

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #63
Eastern Blanket Dancer

Items Treasure Chest
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.75
i do about 20-30 minutes of yoga or tai chi a day.

bahnisiain is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #64
Junior Dancer

Silvermouse is a name known to all
Credits: 1,024.90
Savings: 0.00
I ran all the way from the mail box to the house. Granted, it was to beat the kids to the last of the Christmas cookies, but I figure it's a start.
Silvermouse is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #65
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
I've been doing good on my diet now since New Year's Eve.

Evenings are hard though, unless I have everything planned out on what to eat.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #66
Powwow Up!!

Sweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,913.85
I always skip breakfast...although I am aware that it is the most important meal of the day. Soooo, I decided this morning that I would take the time to have breakfast. Low & behold....what do ya know...I feel so much more energized than usual!! Gawwwddd...I have forgotten how good it feels to have breakfast since havin all dem kids, worrying about getting to work on time and forgetting about myself!!

But Boss, I am working!!......on finding my next pow-wow that is!
Sweetsage02 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #67
Junior Dancer

oneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond repute
oneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond reputeoneidagurl has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 382.43
This thread was a great idea!!!

Instead of catching a ride from my mechanic's shop to the nearby mall, I walked over there... even though it was FREEZING OUT! After walking around the mall a bit... my car was finished and I refused their offer to come pick me up... I walked back for my car. Now I'm headed out the door to pick up some more bottled water.
oneidagurl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #68
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
i dint feel like getting up and walking to the gym cuz i only slept like 4 hours and its slushy snowing outside..but id know id kick myself all day and i did my 30 minutes of cardio...and it feels good....
why did i neglect the physical part of the medicine wheel so long?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #69
Powwow Up!!

Sweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond reputeSweetsage02 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,913.85
I Finally Decided To Start Playing Basketball Once Again & Have Been Hitting The Gym For About 2 Weeks Now!! I Feel Great!

But Boss, I am working!!......on finding my next pow-wow that is!
Sweetsage02 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #70
Warrior Woman

biggurlbrain is just really nice
happy new year everyone

i actually got up @ 6:00am and did a circuit ( 3 sets of 10 reps) with my weights. then i had breakfast. then i even had time to pack a couple of sandwichs for lunch. my shoulders are sore now however but i feel great about it!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #71
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
I kinda fell off the diet wagon while we had company, and especially on the weekends. But I've been doing good for about a week now and actually walked a couple times last week.

Also bought some vitamins and calcium pills and actually remembered every day. Trying to drink 8 - 10 cups of water daily.

I emptied a duffle bag that had my small clothes in it from only TWO years ago, and that gave me some good motivation. I'm thinking of hanging my size 8 jeans on the front of the refrigerator.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #72
Warrior Woman

biggurlbrain is just really nice
i hear u on that one,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle of the sky View Post
i dint feel like getting up and walking to the gym cuz i only slept like 4 hours and its slushy snowing outside..but id know id kick myself all day and i did my 30 minutes of cardio...and it feels good....
why did i neglect the physical part of the medicine wheel so long?
the thing that bugs me is that i was really pretty healthy about 5- 6yrs ago, running, weight training, i was strong then somehow i let it all slip, fall by the way side, and i felt so down for such a long time now. now that i am exercising again i felt better right away. like mentally. it's true people they all have to be in balance.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #73
ndn Queen!!!

ndngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl73 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 345.84
i've been pretty good, losing 2-3 lbs a week. so i bought myself a treadmill today....wish me luck....
ndngirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2007, 03:55 AM   #74
Granny:)

Items ElephantPresentRainbow
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute*Brown Eyed Gurl* has a reputation beyond repute
Location: 20 mins into Canada from the Sumas WA Border. Im practically an American
Credits: 12,610.76
I took a vitamin.....with a glass of water

..baby steps

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

*Brown Eyed Gurl* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #75
commander bun-bun

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute
I did 30 min on the tread mill & 30 min weight train, I had a whole wheat egg white burritow with veggies, chicken & apple salad for lunch, yogurt for a snack & spinach, chicken & strawberry salad for dinner with home made poppy orange seed dressing.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-14-2007, 01:53 AM   #76
Ready to dance

I finally made it to the gym and paid my membership. I did 17 minutes on the elliptical until my knee started aching. Then I tried to hit all the different stations. Tomorrow I'm going to be SORE!

I had a good breakfast and fajitas without tortillas for dinner, along with salad. Lunch was a bag of microwave popcorn.

Also took my vitamins and drank a bunch of water.

Now if I can just keep it up!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #77
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
I passed on a piece of KFC fried chicken! One of my favs. Instead I ate my grilled chicken w/onions and peppers. And ate grapes and strawberries instead of alot of candy. But I do have my fat free lollipops at my desk my boss got me for V Day. That helps curb the cravings!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #78
Drug of choice:bubblegum

kirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond reputekirlegirle has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 343.29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I did 30 min on the tread mill & 30 min weight train, I had a whole wheat egg white burritow with veggies, chicken & apple salad for lunch, yogurt for a snack & spinach, chicken & strawberry salad for dinner with home made poppy orange seed dressing.
Today was a cheat day until I read this. Wow, you put me to shame. Thanks for helping me give away my Kit Kat.

Hmmm, homemade poppy orange seed dressing?
kirlegirle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #79
Dances with Lead Foot

Sleeping Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Sleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,541.03
Nothing. I feel beyond hope today.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #80
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
im eating ready made salad...bought new kinds of dressing...(when i really want to eat chips and pop)...i power walked with my grandson for 20 minutes up a small hill
Sponsored Links