Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives Miss Indian World Miss Indian World

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #1
Private Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ctryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Miss Indian World

Hello, I hope this thread will be kept in CHIT CHAT as I don't think it will fit much in Pow Wow Talk, which is where I was going to put it.

I was wondering if any of you out there in pw.com land know of anyone running for Miss Indian World in April??

If so, how are they doing? Frantic? Still getting things together? Or on a roll, like butter, and waiting for the day??

I think my ex-neice is running for the title this year. She's only 17, I think she's a junior in HS! I don't know for sure, but that's what the pw committee told me. I've never known anyone to run for something like this, and holy mackaroni! Isn't the entire idea just daunting?? :)

I'm hoping you'll share some thoughts on the subject with me. :)
Old 02-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #2
Private Dancer

ctryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond reputectryprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, come on!! None of you pw.com'ers are running for Miss Indian World????????

I find that hard to believe! If you are, how's life going??? Excited??

Powwowchic49?????
Old 02-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #3
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Well, I think Tigerlily (Cepa) and April were both closer to 21 or so when they won. But I guess if she (and her folks) think she can handle go for it! Good luck - you may have a "queen" in your family other than you!
Old 02-06-2003, 02:41 PM   #4
Private Dancer

You lost me there for a sec, ndnqt! I forgot, that's my name on here, actually it was my old email address! :) Ha...

I meant, my EX neice. She's not my neice anymore. Actually, I didn't marry her uncle, so technically, I guess, well, I just know who she is. :) The MIW's have all been in that age range?? Well, hmm, what's to handle? Travelling? Pictures? That doesn't sound too hard... :)
Old 02-06-2003, 02:42 PM   #5
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Quote:
Originally posted by ctryprincess
Oh, come on!! None of you pw.com'ers are running for Miss Indian World????????

I find that hard to believe! If you are, how's life going??? Excited??

Powwowchic49?????
Im definently running when I turn 25, by then Ill have my 4 or 5 years in Nursing, be working for an IHS delivering beautiful indian babies, have been working with the make a wish foundation, Have built and run a successfull Indian Teen Center, helping with every single pow wow that needs it, and have the wave down! I wanna be able to get my name out there in NDN country as the Woman who helps out all the NDN's of America, before I even think about getting a crown to show for it! Aye!

So LOOK OUT ndn country! Im bound and determined to be helping all of you in the future, weather you need it or not!!!:Angel: :p
RainyDaze49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 02:51 PM   #6
Private Dancer

pwchic, really?? Holy, that is a lot of things to do. You'd do all this BEFORE you ran for that title???

I'm sort of lost there, because wouldn't it help to get that MIW title and then do all of this?? Or would you not do that because you wouldn't want anyone to think you wouldn't have been able to do it without being MIW??? *whew* I hope that made sense!
Old 02-06-2003, 02:57 PM   #7
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
my cousin was supposed to run but I haven't heard anything lately...

I knew a girl that ran two years ago. and I know Crystal Pewo-Lightfoot and Lynetta something... me and her sis (they have different last names) used to be real good buds. plus JC Lonetree's sis is on here. Shout out to Amethyst313. :)
superndngyrl is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 03:02 PM   #8
Pork chopsh n appleshaush

Dezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't there an age limit? :(

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:
Dezgn8veDriver is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #9
Private Dancer

I dunno. I thought you'd have to be at least 18, but I dunno... Maybe someone else knows on here.... ??
Old 02-06-2003, 03:24 PM   #10
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Smile Yea it made sense!

Quote:
Originally posted by ctryprincess
pwchic, really?? Holy, that is a lot of things to do. You'd do all this BEFORE you ran for that title???

I'm sort of lost there, because wouldn't it help to get that MIW title and then do all of this?? Or would you not do that because you wouldn't want anyone to think you wouldn't have been able to do it without being MIW??? *whew* I hope that made sense!
Ive been doin that kinds of stuff for a looooooong time, I figure, If I was a judge for Miss Indian World, I would want to see a young lady who has already proven herself as a hard workin woman , rather than someone whose just gonna help out BECUZ theyre miss ndn world. Jus cuz you have a crown and a title dosnt mean that what you do comes from the heart.

I had a post goin earlier about what Natives would like to see come from Miss NDN world, or what is truly needed in NDN country today.

I think thats where alot of people get pageantry wrong, Cuz Miss NDN world isnt all about smiling and traveling and waving *aye*. Its about dedication, gettin your bum outta bed @ 5 in the mornin and doin whats on Agenda with a good attitude and a smile! Its about hard work and showin America that NDN's are still here and KICKIN A$$! WHoo Hoo!

Yea ya gotta be 18, but keep in mind that Cepa went to Law school, Ke Aloha went to BYU of Hawaii and Tia is Iroquois and that just means she's the bomb! Aye!

The girls are tough comp, If yaour ex old niece *aye* wants to just to see what its like, I'd say go for it, But if ya want to win, You bess have at least 2 years of college under your belt and SOME kind volunteer work with Native Americans.

Jus my thinkin...
RainyDaze49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 03:39 PM   #11
Private Dancer

wow... Good thinking there... Get out of bed at 5am, holeh, I should run for MIW, since I'm out of bed a 4 every day!!! Jokes! Hmm. I guess it is a lot of work. I wonder if this has ever crossed her mind, because if I'm not mistaken, we hadn't had anyone ever try this before, from this area.... I could be wrong, but nothing is clicking in memory. Hmm... She's pretty young...
Old 02-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #12
Junior Dancer

JingleJammer will become famous soon enough
Credits: 270.21
YEA,cepa is my sister, and that getting out of bed at 5 am is no joke!!! Most of the time when she had to catch a flight, the committee booked a very early flight like at 5am.. but she enjoyed everything about the title... and i think that you can be 17 to run, and it goes until 25 i think. Cepa was 24 when she won the title. it is alot of hard work and dedication to carry that title because so many people want the MIW to be at their conference or powwow or convention or awards show. we were travelling around all year round to everywhere, but it was such an experience. When the girl wins, not only is she MIW, but whole family, because so much has to happen for the girl to have a successful year. okay.. thats my 2 cents!! good luck to all the girls running!!!

Last edited by JingleJammer; 02-06-2003 at 05:14 PM..
JingleJammer is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 05:45 PM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute
I'm running before I turn 25 so in the next 3 years...I've always wanted to do it...just waitin for the right time....almost done with my Bachelor's then I want to enter Grad school and all that other stuff :)
Roobz is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 06:06 PM   #14
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
i used to think about running before but now i can't...
superndngyrl is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 06:14 PM   #15
Teen Dancer

~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 364.00
I have a question. I'm not planning on running or anything. Do you have held a previous princess title to run?
~danielle~ is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 06:29 PM   #16
Junior Dancer

JingleJammer will become famous soon enough
Credits: 270.21
it is not necessary that the girl held a title in the past, but she must give up any titles that she is currently holding and i'm not sure if they still do this, but when cepa won, she had to sign a contract that she would not run for any other title within the year after she gave up the crown. but seriously, once you've had the WORLD... what other title could you want?!?!?:p :p :p
JingleJammer is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 06:32 PM   #17
Teen Dancer

~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute~danielle~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 364.00
Really, you can just retire the wave after being Miss Indian World. Is there a Miss Indian Universe?
~danielle~ is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 07:12 PM   #18
Riverwoman

I know that some girl from up here ran for that quite a while ago. She took third I think, and I am not sure where to look for those results, since I can't seem to remember the year
  Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2003, 07:49 PM   #19
PowWows.com Addicts

Roobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond reputeRoobz has a reputation beyond repute
Other titles

I think there is a Miss Indian USA or that may not be the exact name of it and then there's Miss Indian Nations held at Tribes powwow each year my cuz ran for that a few years ago.
Roobz is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2003, 10:13 AM   #20
Private Dancer

One of my friends up in ShoBan country told me that you have to either be a queen (possible princess) to enter MIW. But that she heard this year there wasn't many queens entering, and that they pretty much had it open to anyone. Hmm. I would have loved to run, like you Superndngirl, but with a baby! *hehe* How about a Mrs. Indian World?? Kiddding, I know, I know. I remember this one year at SIPI in Albuquerque, there was this much older woman and when they had the Miss SIPI pageant, she was demanding to enter, but according to the rules, she couldn't have children, hers were teens. Anyway, she took it all the way to the Senate, etc. It was crazy. Anyway.... Needless to say she wasn't allowed to run, the committees, senate, etc, all stood on tradition, the way it's been before. Hmm.