Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives Miss Indian World Miss Indian World

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2003, 12:49 PM   #21
hello

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
Savings: 0.00
my sis and some friends were thinking about starting a Mrs Indian Oklahoma. thats too much!

Yeah there's a Miss Indian USA
http://www.indians.org/Programs/MIUSApro/miusapro.html
superndngyrl is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2003, 12:59 PM   #22
Teen Dancer

KeetersCAT has a reputation beyond repute
KeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond reputeKeetersCAT has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I wish I woulda had a girl. I told my oldest he's gotta marry a former MIW.

KeetersCAT is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2003, 01:08 PM   #23
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
When I get to Haskell, I plan on running my last year. Competition can get pretty tough I heard, but Im tougher! Aye Like the skin on my knees! AYE!
RainyDaze49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2003, 02:33 PM   #24
Riverwoman

Quote:
Originally posted by powwowchic49
When I get to Haskell, I plan on running my last year. Competition can get pretty tough I heard, but Im tougher! Aye Like the skin on my knees! AYE!
Way to go, and you have a great sense of humour as well;)
  Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2003, 04:31 AM   #25
Tiny Tot Dancer

RezRatz_4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Miss Indian World

I was just wondering if Cepa or Ke Aloha ran for a couple years before they won, if it was their first year running, and how old they were when they won?? :Thinking
Old 02-09-2003, 02:05 PM   #26
Tiny Tot Dancer

NATIVE_DIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
I do believe that most of the females that are running have to be between the ages of 18-24 non-married , no bebe's kids. My sister ran one yr in the 90's and received 2nd runner up , a close friend of mine won yr , JC Lonetree, and my cousin holds the title now. My best friend also ran one yr. so hearing all there stories lets me thank of how exciting it is to run or even just being there like how I was when my sister won. Perrtttyy cool experience.:D
Old 02-09-2003, 02:45 PM   #27
Band Manager

Miss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond reputeMiss_Nish has a reputation beyond repute
I was looking on the website for the "requirements" and the age limit is between 18 and 25. I think when Ke Aloha ran for the title she was 25 years old.

As for the "Queen" requirement... Royalty are encouraged to apply. If a young Anishnab/Native lady feels that she has what it takes to enter, then she can.

ctryprincess... In the 2001 competition there was a young lady, Genevieve Markassun, from California who was 18 when she entered. If I remember correctly, she was completing her first year of college. Boy could she sing!! Anyhow, she was the youngest contestant that year and she placed 3rd. Just tell your ex-niece to be herself and she'll do fine. The experience of competing in such an event alone is all worth it!! She'll definately come out with a greater sense of confidence.

It took my mother quite a few months but she talked me into entering the pageant this year. I'm not too nervous, yet. Perhaps when I wake up on the first day of the pageant, I'll have a few jitters. I'll just shake em off and go right out there. My mom has confidence in me, why shouldn't I? I've been preparing my whole life... I'm just there to share my traditions and language with some fellow Anishnabe people. That's how I see it.

I know of 1-2 other ladies who will representing in the pageant. I'm looking forward to it! I can't wait till Gatherings.

Hope that helped out with some questions... :D
Old 02-09-2003, 03:40 PM   #28
Junior Dancer

JingleJammer will become famous soon enough
Credits: 270.21
Cepa was only in one other pagent before she entered the MIW pagent, it was the Miss Indian USA pagent. and then she decided to do MIW, and she was 24.
JingleJammer is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2003, 04:45 PM   #29
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Quote:
Originally posted by NATIVE_DIVA
no bebe's kids.
Aye! LMAO, I luv dat movie!

WE DONT DIE WE MULTIPLY
RainyDaze49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links