Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives Natives in Olympic Opening Natives in Olympic Opening

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2002, 11:27 AM   #1
Oldfart

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up Natives in Olympic Opening

There's going to be NDN's involved in the Grand opening of the winter Olympics. There's dancers, singers and dignitaries from the five tribes of Utah going to be there.

Look for Sadie Buck from the Six Nations of the Grand River singing at the opening.:)

It's so cool to know somebody doing something at the Olympics.

Those of you who know tradish dancer Carmen, watch for her. She'll be there too!
Kiwehnzii is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2002, 04:08 PM   #2
Junior Dancer

musespirit is an unknown quantity at this point
COOL:clap:
Old 02-03-2002, 05:52 PM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

rainwoman is on a distinguished road
Last night at the Sweet Hearts Pow-Wow, I heard that NIVA, (NorthWest Indian Veterans Association) was going to be involved with two ceremonies. They are partaking in a ceremony to honor Buddy Mills, (I think that is what they said.) He is a former NDN gold medal winner for those who don't know. So much NDN representation is great! :p
rainwoman is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2002, 01:54 AM   #4
Photographer

Sprocketali will become famous soon enough
Talking

Wow! It's about time there was an interesting opening games for the Olympics...

ali
But still notice the way that you walk"

--- Glen Phillips "Easier"
Sprocketali is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2002, 10:02 AM   #5
Queen of My Own Universe

Takin' Numbers is on a distinguished road
Credits: 30.00
Question

Hey Kiwehnzii!

Is the Carmen you mentioned, Carmen Martineau by any chance?

:)

TN
Takin' Numbers is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

Clangfancy07 is an unknown quantity at this point
when is the olympics, what time?
Old 02-04-2002, 01:03 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

musespirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Rainwoman - Billy Mills is the name of the gold medal winner. He won it in the 10,000 meter run, in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. He is a member of the Oglala Lakota nation. He is currently the spokesman for "Running Strong For American Indian Youth. A project of Christian Relief Services. www.christianrelief.org

Clangfancy07 you asked, "when is the olympics, what time?"
the opening ceremonies are on Friday night 2/8, at 8:00 pm easter standard time on NBC.

My husband told me CNN just showed the torch being passed in Utah by Natives in full regelia.

I'm gonna get me some :15: and spend Friday night in front of the TV I think this is SOOOOOOOO COOL! :dancer:
Old 02-05-2002, 02:39 PM   #8
Southern Cloth Dancer

NdNFriend is a jewel in the rough
Just Beautiful ! !

Hello all,
I just spend rehearsing for the Opening ceremony last night. What a beautiful sight! It was very emotional for us knowing that the Native Americans will be reconize all over the world. So please pass the word on to watch Friday Feb 8th on NBC.
:)
NdNFriend is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2002, 02:56 PM   #9
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
This is mega cool - thanks for sharing this Info!!!! :D:D
Smokin' Ace is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2002, 01:23 AM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Singingelk is an unknown quantity at this point
I have some friends involved too!

A dance team will be involved in the olympic festivities from Wiconi Int'l Ministries. Some of you may know Richard Twiss, and Dan LaPlant, or maybe Robert Soto. I'm not sure if Robert or Richard will be there, but I know Dan will...

This is too cool!

Elk.:dancer:
Old 02-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #11
Southern Cloth Dancer

NdNFriend is a jewel in the rough
Watch tonight!!!!

Don't forget to watch the Opening ceremony tonight on NBC.
:D
NdNFriend is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2002, 03:13 PM   #12
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
NDN Friend is a Dineh and will be in tonights ceremony, her two childeren will be the ribbon dancers. Be sure to watch history being made. They do this for all native peoples...past ..present .. and future. I am soooo proud!!!!
:flag: :clap: :bouncy: :Thumbs :Wave :Heart :2: :flag:
Old 02-09-2002, 12:58 AM   #13
Tiny Tot Dancer

catsmeow is an unknown quantity at this point
It was AWSOME!! They even mentioned the ribbon dancers.
catsmeow is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2002, 01:04 PM   #14
Teen Dancer

tipis is a jewel in the rough
The Native dancers looked great. What a beautiful sight to see and hear.
Now....can anyone pick themselves out of the crowd??? I video taped it to see who was who.

tipis:Angel2
tipis is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2002, 01:13 PM   #15
Tiny Tot Dancer

Clangfancy07 is an unknown quantity at this point
man i watched the very end. I was at work so i missed it. I am so mad. Can snyone send me a copy, i really want to see it. pm me please
Old 02-09-2002, 07:01 PM   #16
Riverwoman

I missed it too! I heard from a friend that there where some jingle dress dancers? Anyone hear something or see it? Geez too bad, wish I had a copy:(

Awesome for us ndn's to be taking part in such a world wide event, and get some of the press that we deserve!:Chatter
  Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2002, 07:52 PM   #17
ghostrider

Talking

:D Most definately there were some Jingle Dancers on there. Seems they had dance styles covered on both parts that were on(second live part was about 5 amEST this morning with Dancing).
  Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2002, 08:10 PM   #18
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Savings: 1.00
I would love to get a copy too, just for the historic value of it. also to show my hubby that worked and friend.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:05 PM   #19
Tiny Tot Dancer

Vicki is an unknown quantity at this point
I seen it!!!!! It was awesome!!! I don't know if anyone noticed this, but I seen alot of people in the crowds get emotional when the Native dancers performed and I even seen one girl start crying.
Old 02-10-2002, 01:43 PM   #20
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
I recorded and hope to put it up on the website, just have to check the copyright first!
Paul G is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links