Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives Sharing recipes Sharing recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2002, 11:45 AM   #61
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
my favorite sweets recipe:

Chocolate Eclairs

1. Go to the grocery store
2. Go to the baked goods section
3. Find the Entennmen's chocolate eclairs
Enjoy!
Old 03-06-2002, 11:51 AM   #62
Pow Wow Visitor

Sheila Manning is an unknown quantity at this point
I've used that recipe Zeph, it's easy clean up too!
Old 03-06-2002, 12:06 PM   #63
Pow Wow Visitor

whateva is an unknown quantity at this point

I might just do that when I head to the store to get the ingedients for luvlumbee's recipe.
whateva is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2002, 03:19 PM   #64
Just a poohbear

Items Treasure Chest
Dezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond repute
Dezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,503.01
A healthy choice

On of my favorite healthy ice cream substitute are frozen bananas. Especially during the hot days of summer. All I do is take a banana and slice it into bite size pieces that I then put into a plastic bag or Tupperware. Then I freeze them. The frozen bananas are great for those sweet cravings because they get really sweet when frozen plus still are good for you. Since I don't add anything to then it is guilt free snacking. Frozen strawberries are pretty good to.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:16 AM   #65
Junior Dancer

musespirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Frozen Bananas GREAT IDEA

Here's one my mom does. She calls it a Eclair Cake

1 box of instant vanilla pudding.
1 8 oz cool whip
1 can regular chocolate icing (not that whiped stuff they sell)
1 box of regular graham crackers
1 9 x 13 inch cake pan

make pudding and fold in all of the cool whip.

lay a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of cake pan
add some of the pudding mix
then another layer of graham crackers
another layer of pudding mix
top with another layer of graham crackers
ice the top layer with the chocolate icing. Put in the fridge for awhile then eat.
Old 03-07-2002, 12:52 PM   #66
Junior Dancer

luvlumbee is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 160.00
Sooooo Whateva, did you make the cookies. If you did, did you like them. Personally I like to use the skor bars instead of the heath bars, they seem less sticky and skor has a nice crunch even after being baked.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:01 PM   #67
Junior Dancer

musespirit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by luvlumbee
Sooooo Whateva, did you make the cookies. If you did, did you like them. Personally I like to use the skor bars instead of the heath bars, they seem less sticky and skor has a nice crunch even after being baked.
Butterfingers are good, too. :7: Yummy.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:40 PM   #68
Tiny Tot Dancer

luvs_2_pw is an unknown quantity at this point
HEY !! THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR RECIPES.....:) I'M GONNA HAVE TO TRY ONE OF THEM. GOTTA LOVE THOSE SWEETS!!! LOL!!:2:
luvs_2_pw is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2002, 03:10 AM   #69
Pow Wow Visitor

LlPearlynn is an unknown quantity at this point
OH MY GOODNESS YOU GALS ARE KILLING ME!!!!! You know how much weight I'm gonna gain now? JK, LOL! I love these recipes! When I get my mom to buy some of these ingredients I think I'll try them ALL!! Including your Zeph, I think yours is the easiest! LOL! I really love that recipe for that rich chocolate cheesecake! I'm a sucker for chocolate and cheesecake alike and when you put em together it only got better! Oh, and those Brownies sound delicious!! YUMMY! :Thumbs :Thumbs two thumbs up!!
:Jumping: :bouncy: :clap: :7: :24: :39: :dancer:

Thanx again for the recipes!!:Wave I LOVE YOU GALS!!:11: LOL

Pearly
LlPearlynn is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2002, 12:36 AM   #70
Junior Dancer

keeb_k is on a distinguished road
Okay, now for the man that cooks. Choke a mess of rabbits, skin and clean em real good , parboil with onions for at least 3 hrs, lightly coat with commode flour , slap bacon grease in pan and fry waboose till golden brown!!!!!! :7:
Old 03-31-2002, 10:11 AM   #71
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
favorite recipes

has anyone been to MEALS.COM they have absolutely anything you could possiblw want to cook, or bake... i tried to put the link but it wouldnot work.. just put in an ingredient and it will pull up anything you want with that particular ingredient.. its great for suppertime's i dont know what im going to fix syndrome...:Chatter it sure has pulled me out of a few ooooh my gosh whats for dinner....
NDNKIDZ is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2002, 10:20 AM   #72
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,206.83
Scotch Krispies Treats

Here's one of my favorites.

1 bag of butterscotch chips

1 cup of peanutbutter

6 cups of Rice Krispies

Melt the butterscotch chips and peanutbutter together. Add the Rice Krispies & mix. This is highly addictive. :D
Suzizila is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2002, 10:28 AM   #73
Beady Eyed & Beautiful

Items DollDolphin
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Suzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond reputeSuzizila has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,206.83
a simple cookie recipe-> my favorite

1) Go to the store.

2) Get a few packages of Pillsbury cookie dough(chocolate chip is the best), already rolled in balls.

3) Whip out the cookie sheets & preset the temp.

4) Stick them in the oven. MMMMMMmmmm! Can't you just smell them?

5) Pop them out, let them cool, and stuff yourself silly.

Note: Make sure to pick up plenty of cookie dough because these are sure to disappear quickly!

:7:
Suzizila is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2002, 07:38 PM   #74
Riverwoman

A good lookin native man with long hair!
PS, I am single and lookin, where are you good men?:p
  Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2002, 10:57 PM   #75
wordcatcher

scharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond reputescharbear has a reputation beyond repute
Your Favorite HomeCooked meal?????

Okay with all the memories of mom and grandmothers I find myself always remembering the times we gathered around the huge dining table of my Grandmother and the feast we would have. Some of the best meals were consumed here.

Both my mom and my paternal grandmother were GREAT cooks and cherished the art of "cooking from scratch" everything they prepared.

Nobody to this day could ever match the way my Grandmother could make mashed potatoes......so smooth and there was this hint of a special seasoning she would add and nevah told anyone!

My mom roasted rabbit with onions, potatoes, carrots and some other things that I wish I would have gotten the reciepe from her...I have tried to reinvent it but I suppose it will never taste like mom made.

Venison was best prepared by my maternal grandmother...she could make that one melt in your mouth and oh the gravey she made with it with biscuits ...soooooooo goooood:)

So what are some of your favorite meals or dishes....homecooked by the special women in your life that you long for?????????
Old 05-13-2002, 12:39 AM   #76
Past KARMA Queen

wildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond reputewildwoodswoman has a reputation beyond repute
My grandmothr was the greatest cook! She made a potroast that was out of this world. She used to stand me on a chair near the stove so I could learn to cook, too!

I wonder if anyone would share their recipes while we're here. I just love FOOD!:Chatter
wildwoodswoman is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2002, 02:11 AM   #77
Just a poohbear

Items Treasure Chest
Dezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond repute
Dezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond reputeDezimber has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,503.01
Some of my favorites were simple dishes. Mom was a pretty good cook but she loved steak and I wasn't much of a meat eater. My favorites:

Mom would slice leftover baked potatos, Polish Sausage, and greenbeans, and onion, & seasoning( salt/ pepper/ & maybe Lawrys Season Salt) then heat it up in a skillet.

My other favorite is a hamburger pie. the bottom layer is cooked groundbeef(w/ S&P and onion) mixed with a can of tomato soup and a can of greenbeans then the top layer is mashed potatos that is layered with grated cheese. Then it is baked in the oven.

My neighbor makes Chicken Mole. I also like the Jamacian dishes that my sister makes.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:28 AM   #78
www.wakalapi.com

Wakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Wakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond reputeWakalapi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 336.00
My mother doesn't do so much cooking now that she lives alone in peace and quiet (we each see her at least once a week though) - but when we were growing up our favorite dishes were her chili, spaghetti with meat sauce, clam chowder, zuchinni casserole, meatloaf, and stuffed green peppers with ground beef and white rice. She still produces a mean apple pie.
Mmmmmmmm...:46:
Old 05-13-2002, 10:31 AM   #79
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
uuummmm uuummm good

My grandma always cooked my favorite when she knew i was coming for dinner. She always made me fried pork chops and blackeyed peas, with just a little baclon grease in the peas. Makes my mouth water as i think about it..Unfortunatly she is to old to make it for me now but i always let her know how special it was for me...:)
NDNKIDZ is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2002, 11:31 AM   #80
Pow Wow Visitor

oneangelsmiles is an unknown quantity at this point
As long as it doesn't come out of the frozen food section packaged in a box or baggie.....
It's going to be my favorite!
Sponsored Links