Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives Skinwalkers....What ya think? Skinwalkers....What ya think?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2002, 11:47 PM   #1
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Jammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 220.00
Savings: 0.00
Question Skinwalkers....What ya think?

So what did everyone that watched skinwalkers think of the movie?
Old 11-25-2002, 12:40 AM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

amalasuntha is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 110.00
Thumbs up

Thumbs up for Skinwalkers! Been a Hillerman fan for ages! Coolness!Way to go, Wes. Congrats!
amalasuntha is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 12:53 AM   #3
Senior Dancer

webscouter has a reputation beyond repute
webscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond reputewebscouter has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I enjoyed it. Wish it could have gone a little more into the detective's wife's cancer and maybe shown that she was getting better with the native medicine.
webscouter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 02:59 AM   #4
V-Style Jingler

Sweet Syilx is a jewel in the rough
Geez!!!!!! We never get the cool movies up here in Canada! Can anyone let me know if there is a website or something so that I can see if there will be any showings of it in Western Canada ? I have read the book, and would love to see it in movie format. Thanks!

R.
Sweet Syilx is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 03:11 AM   #5
homalosa

Okay I'm pissed! I spent all day doing my chores around the house, cooking, cleaning, and washing so I'd have nothing loomin over my head while I watched. The boys went to bed but the 21 month old gal was still up. So we cozy up on the couch, and whatdya know- I FELL ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got most of it, but dozed off too many times, like, duh at the END!

Without giving the end away, can someone tell me what Micheal Greyeyes' character's connection was with the sick little kid in the lead factory?

And when did Leaphorn's wife have her ceremony? ( I saw that in the after thingy, the making). Dang! TOo bad my vcr is crap or I'da taped it and everything would make sense!

Oh well, somethin's better than nothin.
  Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 03:40 AM   #6
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
I enjoyed it..good story...

OkanaganJingler...you can buy it.. 1-800-playpbs...24.98 on dvd...can't remember how much for VHS
Old 11-25-2002, 04:47 AM   #7
Causer Of Chaos & Mayhem

pawnee_babe_original is an unknown quantity at this point
I liked it. It was really good- with one exception:

1. The details leading up to finding out who the real killer is. I think it would have been better to see exactly "how" they both deduced who the person was. Showing how each processed the information they obtanied, and how they come up with the truth, would have been vital in showing how different the characters takes were on investigating and other police-related work.

But I am heavily into suspense and Mystery- and I think the best ones are the ones that show the "think process" of each person or persons, and the diversity between the characters playing against or with each other- because it makes it all the more interesting.

But the cast was great, the timing on everything else was great, the lead up and the ending, it left me wanting to see more (which is always a plus!!)!

My mum and I were talking and we thought that with so many of Hillerman's books out there, that they should make them into 16 week mini-series (such as they did in "band of brothers" and other "mini-series" based on books) based on two books at a time (consecutive or not in their publications) Just kind of add them into each other... It would also give other Indians the opportunity to appear as *guest stars* and maybe get some newcomers out to the movie-going audience!

AND ALSO- THAT WAY, there would be more Adam Beach to see! haha!

So My Rating FOR IT IS:
:Thumbs :Thumbs:Thumbs :Thumbs :Thumbs :Thumbs

"Yeah Sure... It's All Fun And Games Until They Open Your Trunk..." Quote From My Fave Bumper Sticker On My Car
pawnee_babe_original is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 04:59 AM   #8
homalosa

Thanks Pawnee, for bringing up some good points. One cool thing is seeing people you know. I didn't know Saginaw Grant was in it. It's cool to see him on tv and know you can head out to the arena and see him there just like everyone else. Then enters in AP. I was like, "dang, now we know where they were those weekends!"
  Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 12:09 PM   #9
Fat Singer

billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
billyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond reputebillyjoejimbob has a reputation beyond repute
Could Che have been a BIGGER bumbling idiot? I havent read any Hillerman books but is he a stupid cop in all the other books? I thought it was a sad example of a tribal police officer.
billyjoejimbob is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 02:54 PM   #10
lonewolfcrow

skinwalker

I love it. it was something the whole family agree on(something that never happens)
  Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 03:52 PM   #11
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
what about when leaphorn takes emma to the hospital and a nurse acutally walks up to her at the doors and offers to help emma into the room....???
never see that at any IHS aroudn here!

I thought that was cool though
Okwataga is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 04:02 PM   #12
old school fool

Items Change User Title
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
RainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond reputeRainyDaze49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 748.00
Thumbs down SloooooooooooooW!

My parents sat throught the whole thing * I have no idea how* but I already knew Micheal Greyeyes was ths Skinny. It was so obvious, the unobvious being the antagonist. LOL Naaaaah I thought it was boring, and the mysterious scenes where really left flat. I noticed a few boo boo's *like Adam Beach saying he was a medicine man, real medicine men dont say they are medicine men* I just couldnt appreciate it.....

Maybe if Adam Beach and Micheal Greyeyes left theyre hair long, it would have been worth checkin into everynow and then, but after the first 30 minutes, I threw my hands up and went and conditioned for some mean fancy shawling.......and to think I almost missed my routine for that movie, eeks!:Chatter

Sorry, It was no good....

But the cat did a great job!!!
RainyDaze49 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 04:48 PM   #13
is hot like frybread!!

Apachedumpling has a reputation beyond repute
Apachedumpling has a reputation beyond reputeApachedumpling has a reputation beyond reputeApachedumpling has a reputation beyond reputeApachedumpling has a reputation beyond reputeApachedumpling has a reputation beyond reputeApachedumpling has a reputation beyond reputeApachedumpling has a reputation beyond reputeApachedumpling has a reputation beyond repute
I liked it. Especially the part where Drew Lacapa made a cameo appearance. I said to myself, what's an Apache doin in the movie???, but it was all good.
Yeah i figured out pretty quickly who the Skinwalker was, but hey, it was a good example of traditional and contemporary Natives.
Did anyone manage to watch the documentary about Indians on Alcatraz???? I don't know if that was just Az but it happened to be a very good docu. I just had an essay question concerning how it affected Native American Identity and my argument seems to have been valid....I smell an A.....:o

"Insert words of wisdom here"
Apachedumpling is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2002, 09:43 PM   #14
Teen Dancer

KC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond reputeKC Quapaw has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 200.00
I thought it was a great movie! I also felt it ended too soon, or maybe that was because I wanted to look at Adam Beach some more.....:)
KC Quapaw is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2002, 10:50 AM   #15
Dancin n Vendin

Tsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a big Hillerman fan too, I enjoy the books and the one movie I've got to see, The Dark Wind, Fred Ward played Leaphorn, and the kid that played in Labamba was Chee, it was pretty good!

I'm sooo disappointed that I missed Skinwalker. Who played who?

Someday I'm going to find, and read all the books in chronological order.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!
Tsiniti is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2002, 12:43 PM   #16
Pow Wow Visitor

SanteeSiouxRelation is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone say, Made for TV Special?

This movie should have been on Lifetime, that was about the quality of it. There was no mystery, it was obvious there was something going on with the doctor the whole time. The characters were flat, the story line was flat, overall, a big :TD: !

And I love Adam Beach! I think he is a great actor but this movie made him look like an idiot. I have to agree though, I said the same thing during the movie that powwowchic said, he needs the long hair back. It does make me want to watch Smoke Signals again. :D
SanteeSiouxRelation is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2002, 01:02 PM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

ingrambead is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 683.00
Re: Emma Leaphorn's illness

They can't show Emma getting better. She dies. They did need to shoe Jim Chee in his first healer role though. The books are great but sorry to say Emma dies from cancer.

The movie was pretty good though.

The Dark wind movie done several years ago was poorly edited. They show a fight between two guys and the fuzzy sound boom keeps getting in the picture.
ingrambead is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2002, 07:07 PM   #18
Dancin n Vendin

Tsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond repute
If memory serves me right, Emma survives the surgery for the Brain Tumor, and winds up dying from Staph Infection. My Aunt made it through Pnuemonia, then poof, she's gone from Staph too!

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!
Tsiniti is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2002, 07:35 PM   #19
~Erica~

eap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
Savings: 1.00
Maybe I'm just bad with mysteries, but I didn't know whodunnit till the end. I never figured it out. I thought it was pretty good.
eap7 is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links