Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives State Recognized Tribes State Recognized Tribes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2002, 11:55 PM   #21
Dancin n Vendin

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by Ayita16
I do see and how there are state recognized tribes in GA,Alabama,tenessee,and NC.

~ayita~
No recognised Tribes in Tennessee, NONE nope nada, zip. That includes the Wolf Clan of Tennessee, that says it has CIBD and BIA, and whatever else, they cost $35 to join, nope sorry, not a Tribe in any way regardless what they say!

But to accuse someone who has no registration in any FED recognised Tribe as not being NDN of any kind is BUNK too! Sorry too many people CHOSE not to be enrolled!! Arkansas Cherokee existed WAY BEFORE any enrollment to any FED BS!!!!!!!! There were many who ran and hid in the mountains of the Smokeys too! Some came back and insisted they be compensated, that is how the Cherokee Eastern Band came to be!! What about all the ones who escaped the Trail of Tears? Have you forgotten them as well? Or just thrown them and their desdents away, because they refused to play the FED game?

You keep forgetting exactly why this thread was deleted to begin with, and keep harping about it!! A 15 yr old CHILD (no offense Ayita) Deleted it because she thought people lost interest!!!!!! Get over it!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE DID IT IN ANGER!!!!!!!!!!! Or hiding anything!!!!!! :Mad

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!
Tsiniti is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2002, 09:04 AM   #22
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Savings: 1.00
Actually 2 tribes on that list are recoqnized by the federal cherokee recoqnized tribes. However Im sure this indian pissing contest will go on forever.

by the way if you want to know the truth, the ones on the rolls are the sellouts not the ones who are not.

There are whites on the rolls and fullblood traditional medicine people who are not...hmmm. The ones that got rounded up and onto a roll maybe are the ones who gave up? There are people in the federally recoqnized tribes who are 1/4000 cherokee blood who dont match up to the ones on these state bands in blood quantum. So who is more? I wish this indian pissing contest would stop.

Basically what your saying is my ancester was a quitter and got on the rolls bc he wanted to kiss a$$ and be a good ni&&er so Im a better indian than you.
Gache is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2002, 09:06 AM   #23
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously there are people trying to take advantage of the cherokee phenomenon however there are many legitimate people out there trying to revive what was hidden.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:06 AM   #24
Tiny Tot Dancer

lngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond repute
In my opinion, Indians who want to be state recognized or seek state recognition are the worst sort of Indian. They are basically out for themselves, whether it be to gain some legitimacy as a tribe or to gain some type of profit. Otherwise, WHY on EARTH would a sovereign nation go to a STATE for recognition??!! That's like expecting Oklahoma to ask the Cherokees if they can split up and be recognized as two states of North Oklahoma and South Oklahoma. It would NEVER happen! Want to know why? Because states already think they're somehow more important or more sovereign than tribes. So then along come these "mountain and swamp" Cherokees who ran and "hid in the hills" and lived as whites to avoid persecution (and WHO is the sellout??) and now want recognition from states cuz they can't get it from the feds or the tribes (oh, wait, they didn't even bother asking tribes, they went straight to the states). They hurt tribes everywhere by giving states a legitimate argument for being over tribes!
Old 09-24-2002, 10:31 AM   #25
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 366.94
Ummmm....dude.....Zeph.....Sorry. I wasn't calling you a ME. Your a skin enit? DAyum!!! Sorry Whiteboy...AYE! YOu know I'm kidding right?

Well look at the years she is posting 1890's 1900's. Ummm how many kids were born down the line? How many intermarriages with Oo-na-gvh-hi or Gu-ni-ge? Your blood drops by half. SO how much are you? By now? OOOOOOOOh I forgot, "IT'S IN YOUR HEART".

Why you contesting in a Cherokee Dress, Ayita16? Your dad is Seminole? Your a Metis?

See there is another thing. I know we all get permission from tribes to wear their stuff but what pisses me the hell off is I go to Hopkinsville Pow Wow and there are pure breed white people up in my dress. Then somone had to go and make a pattern so everyone could wear it and make it. They ain't even made right...Which is another pisser. WHAT THA [email protected]#$, people.

You all wanna see pissed off people who are tired of being made a mockery of and who aint gonna be quiet about it...COME DOWN HERE. Wear that Tear Dress or even let it role off your lips.

You know what? I am pissed and I think I can speak for my Band on here adn say that they are pissed to. Just stop a minute and put yourself in our shoes for 2 minutes and see where we are coming from. You would get a total different picture. I'm a calm person really I am but this crap is gotta stop. I know it aint gonna happen over night but you can guarantee us Skins over here will say something.

ZEPH....I WAS KIDDING OK?
Tooter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2002, 10:37 AM   #26
Quality Taco Inspector

lngfthr

I usually agree with you and your one of the most articulate people on this board. However the idea that native people have any sort of soveriegnty in this country is farsical. Native people are the least free people in this country... At the same time are the group most likely to understand what true freedom is.

Yes the constitution says that only congress can deal with indian nations however the policy of recognition by the BIA is whether or not the state recognizes the community as indian as one of the criteria. In all purposes we are not soveriegn. We have one some hard fault cases and our situation is improving but we do not fit the autonomous self goverment situations that would define soveriegnty.

As far as sellout is concerned in my opinion its much better to have pretended to be white and live in the area of your ancestors than to be carted off like cattle to a far away place to where ndns lived like animals.

The rolls are an entirely different matter to that even. Many traditional peoples never allowed themselves or lived to remotely to be put on rolls. The ones that were on the rolls were often the mix bloods or whites or agency ndns and so on.

I still know many fullblood cherokee that arent on any damn roll who live hidden in the mountains of appalachia and maintain most of their way of life.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:45 AM   #27
Senior Dancer

zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ummmm....dude.....Zeph.....Sorry. I wasn't calling you a ME. Your a skin enit? DAyum!!! Sorry Whiteboy...AYE! YOu know I'm kidding right?
oh geez, now you're calling me a GUY?! what you got against me, tooter? :p :Chatter ;)
Old 09-24-2002, 12:29 PM   #28
What Will Be Will Be

FancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 430.00
Don't even call me , my relations or my children sell outs or I'll show you Cherokee Stomp, all over your state club wannabe butt!! AYE!

Seriously, we are not sell outs! How do you figure this anyways? Because we've got roll numbers given to us my the gov't?
What the hell are the rest of you? Doesn't every person on this forum have a gov't ID number? Yeah, it's called a social security number! SO doesn't that make everyone a gov't sell out?

Sis, Breath in, Breathe Out.one with the universe. Chant with me, Ooommmm, Ooooommmm,Ooooommmm

There are some good people in these state clubs. But there are too many chiefs and not enuff ndn's in a majority of them! PLus in these clubs, there is not critiria except your wallet size with fees and monthly dues!

Once again, if you're ndn you are! If you're not you're not!
If you respect the culture then respect it, don't copy it and pervert it!!!
FancyStar is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2002, 12:49 PM   #29
Quality Taco Inspector

im not state, im cheyenne and dont belong to any club....
read my profile next time before you open your mouth again

Im just tired of the pissing contest.

Everyone knows about the indian clubs but they are a big difference from legitimate groups trying to get some sort of recognition by anyone....
Old 09-24-2002, 12:54 PM   #30
Quality Taco Inspector

another point lngfthr if these groups are supposed to be soveriegn then shouldnt they be out for just themselves?

You cant on one hand be against indian unity and then paint those groups who want state recognition as the worst because they arent following what you think the indian road should be?

Thats just not consistent.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #31
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 366.94
:o I call everyone a dude. I was just on a role too.:p

Ok, I had my burrito and am more calm. Did the breathing technique and call all euphoric.:)

All will say is : EITHER YOU ARE OR YOU AINT!! I ARE!!!:p :p :p
Tooter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2002, 04:00 PM   #32
Quality Taco Inspector

Then maybe you idiots will quit playing the indian pissing contest!
Thats why i did it....

1/3 of the cherokee people were never included in those rolls. 1/3!!!!! So many of the descendants are trying to figure out what the hell to do bc the federally recognized pricks on here think they are better.

I have the guts to say anything to anyone and I have proved it many times with my fists... since I havent lost yet... Maybe we could meet at a powwow and you can see if your angry enough to do it!

I did it purposefully and in a very mean way for you guys to realize the stupid $### you were saying.

My wife is Cherokee and yes her family hid in the hills of around the Rez too. Im just mocking all you for playing ndn God about who is ndn.

Proud Husband of EBCI enrollee.......lol

Last edited by Gache; 09-24-2002 at 04:12 PM..
Old 09-24-2002, 04:59 PM   #33
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ayita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation read!!

I am not going to get angry or tell people who is ndn or who is isn't! I don't know your family history and you don't know mine. Deltadawn and Fancystar know my parents and some of my family. My mom is cherokee on her side. Yea i am not ashamed to say it. I am 1.16 cherokee. My family are on the rolls in the 1890's etc but none of my family was on the baker rolls.
My family hid out yes,my family told there children never to talk about it b/c they were afraid of the KKK and goverment officals. They intermarried with white people.

On my dads side of the family is seminole. After doing geneaology on my dad's side. No one knows a lot about my grandfathers family. So we decided to do some more research. I found out my dad is 1/4 seminole. Just recently. I don't know a lot about my seminole ancestry! In fact I was raised just thinking alone that I was cherokee. It never came to think why everyone except for my dad looked ndn.

My aunt married a seminole I just found that out. I am learning new things every day about my families history. There are a lot of "real ndns" that are finding out about there heritage every day. Now you who all know my dad can say he is a white boy by just looking at him.

I know plenty of blond hair blue eyes natives. But that still doesn't give someone wether they are fed recognized,state recognized, or not even recognized to tell another person wether or not there native.

And about the whole "I am native in the heart" your either native or your not.

And tooter the reason I wear the tear dress is b/c I have always wore it at powwows since I was four. I am proud to be cherokee. I am not enrolled, but you don't know my family history. You don't know all the details.

I am not greedy nor is anyone in my family greedy. I don't want the money or anything else. I am just doing this for myself.

And for anyone who asks me what I am
I say I am native. And for some of ya'll who know me than ya'll know what I am talking about. But for ya'll who don't. Listen to someone before you judge. B/c you can't judge a book by there cover. Oh and about the whole metis thing. Yeah I am a member. B/c I am both native and european descent. I am not ashamed to say that I am irish,scottish,cherokee, and seminole. Which makes me mixed "metis".

And if anyone has any problems with what I have just said. Than feel free to email me or PM me. Or just reply on this post. B/c why is it that federal recognition turns ndns against each other??

~Ayita~
Old 09-24-2002, 05:06 PM   #34
Senior Dancer

zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
the Metis are a specific people up in Canada, of mixed French & native (mainly Cree) descent, who developed their own unique culture. the name Metis does not refer to just anyone of mixed heritage.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:08 PM   #35
Quality Taco Inspector

yes there are communities were fullbloods have been up until the last generation to my knowledge.

as far as singling you out personally I have no idea besides the statement I said about sellouts why you think I singled you out personally.

I never singled anyones remarks personally I only singled out the notion that I have seen among several people on this board that somehow federally recoqnized indians are more legit than non federally reconized indians.

Yes I have told my wifes family they were sellouts bc they are.
After the family matriarch died in 1984 no one even admitted that they were cherokee or even indian.

By the way there are entire communities in the appalachians that are completely indian with very little white mixed in. Just got to know where to look. As for being inbred I wouldnt know but probably...

As far coming together to settle this, if you live on the eastern half of the US pick a place and we cant meet. I dont bring others to back me up I dont bring weapons. If you think your honor is hurt by what I said I dont have any problem with you fighting me to restore it. My email is [email protected]
Old 09-24-2002, 08:38 PM   #36
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ayita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond repute
my last post on this topic

This subject was suposed to be about what you think of all state recognized tribes not just the cherokees. I have said what I think. And I will leave you all to this heated discussion.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:48 AM   #37
Quality Taco Inspector

good idea and I agree singerdad.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:56 AM   #38
Pow Wow Visitor

A. Nony Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
back on topic

"This subject was suposed to be about what you think of all state recognized tribes not just the cherokees."

A state recognize tribe and 69 cents will get you a cup of coffee.
A. Nony Mouse is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2002, 10:09 AM   #39
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Quote:
Originally posted by zeph
the Metis are a specific people up in Canada, of mixed French & native (mainly Cree) descent, who developed their own unique culture. the name Metis does not refer to just anyone of mixed heritage.
There are Metis in the states now,there are some with sites on the web. I was asked to join, I don't know if they call it a tribe or what. All I had to do to do this was tell them I was of "mixed decent" and give them $25 dollars. I asked what would be the reason why people would want to join, which some have, and was told that I would get a card then, and I could hold that card in addition to any others. I asked what benefit that would be to have it and what I came away with was, I would get a card with my name on it, that cost $25. Heck, I can print my own card cheaper than that! It would mean the same.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:24 AM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

A. Nony Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
SPECIAL!

we running a special all of October at the Blackfooted Ferret Band of Baja California Tribe of Cherokee. You can get your membership card for only $19.95, not the usual $50 that I like to collect. so send your $19.95 in right now.
A. Nony Mouse is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links