Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives State Recognized Tribes State Recognized Tribes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2002, 08:52 AM   #61
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 366.94
Savings: 0.00
Lumbeedancer, Who on this forum said that they are better than you? I read over it and no one said that. I for one am brown skin, brown hair, brown eyes, and probably more than you (Who knows) I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FU#$! I have been in this world long enough adn been down state to see for myself that there are native people down that way. DUH!!!!!

So what the hell is your problem? Why would you think that becuase we get a per capita check, hold a CDIB card, and what ever the fu#$ you said, would make me better than you? Commods? I love em but hey buddy I got a Fuc#$% education man. I got a good job with the STATE....make a killing, get a percap chekc that pays the bills, and eat the commods that I trade my sister for.

All I know is that we Native people need to UNITE because the M-Fing Gov't owes every red damn cent to us....All native people.

SO tell me how I'm better tha you? Tell me how Luvs2sing, DeltaDawn, WAl-mart NDN, Dancing Booger, adn the rest of us are better than you? When you came up here who treated you like ****? What is it really that you are mad at. I bet no one treated you like **** or did anything to you to make you feel the way you do. If you want me to...I'll do it. COme to the Pow Wow or our fair and I will meet you at the gate and treat you like **** so you can legitimately say you were treated like **** by a Cherokee and you can really have a reason to be pissed. Hell if you wanna take it one step further...Lets hammer down son.

You go ask Archie Lynch, Brenda Silva, Waya, Sparrow, Eddie, WAyasti, Arnold, Pat, Tony, Cochese, Ray, Kathy, Ann & Keith Colston, Colby, John Ox., April Whitamore and a slew of my other friends down that way what kind of person I am and how I feel.

( WITH MY FINGER IN YOUR FACE, I MEAN RIGHT AT THE TIP OF YOUR NOSE)........DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME THAT I AM BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. IN THIS BIG WORLD THAT THE CREATOR MADE...MAN I AM nothing...just a grain of sand.
Tooter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 08:58 AM   #62
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Savings: 1.00
The education sure doesnt show in your language lol
:P
Gache is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 09:09 AM   #63
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
okay tooter, like fancy said breath in breathe out......

as you can read, no one here really feels they are better than another person, we are all people, just get tired of everyone saying my gggggma was a cherokee princess so we're going to have our own tribe and everyone can pay to have a tribal card and have wacked out ceremonies with crystals and dance some unknown dance and say these are traditions.....
yes it is easy to fall for these kind of groups, espcially if you are looking for some kind of (not spiritaul but some kind of grounding) as a person, when some yahoo tells a true native this is how it is done and you are wrong, b/c they read a book or saw something on TV.....,
when a "tribe" takes a clan and then names their "tribe" after a clan that would be inbreeding wouldn't it???
take the wolf clan of alabama? one whole tribe is the wolf clan????

I can understand the smaller tribes(actual tribes) that lost their recognition and are trying to get it back, other tribes have heard of them and have dealt with them, look at the Catawbas, they went through the same thing, those I have no problem with

it's the yahoos that say so and so was indian that makes me indian when you know good and well there has been no other intake of native blood in their family. call yourself a descendant or whatever it is,
i'm descendant from devonshire and yorkshire, but i don't go runnning around acting like an english person, i'm not english i'm descdent from english people,
or german, - i don't greet people in german either,
I'm mixed adn proud, why can't people be proud of their mixture adn go on with it,
they have to prove things to others,

if having a card, or being enrolled is selling out, then why be enrolled????
someone please answer that, whoever is tryign so hard to get enrolled but yet put ther rest of us down for already being enrolled.
Okwataga is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 10:52 AM   #64
Tiny Tot Dancer

lngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond reputelngfthr has a reputation beyond repute
Geesh. Why'd you re-post my whole post if you didn't even bother to read it first? I said:

Quote:
So I agree that a "card" isn't any indication of how Native someone is.
You kinda went off on this whole federally-recognized and card thing so obviously you have some other issues here. Keep me out of it because I'm trying to stick to my only point here (and the point of the thread, I thought).

Quote:
We cannot go to other tribes and ask to be recognized by them (except for those individuals here with Tuscarora blood) because we are not a part of any other tribe we are our own people.
I think you and another poster are misunderstanding my suggestion. You don't have to be of their Tribe to ask for recognition. I'm suggesting that you ask another tribe or other tribes to recognize your tribe by resolution, just as a state would recognize you by statute. NOT that you would seek to be a part of their tribe. By asking other Tribes, you are affirming their sovereignty rather than the sovereignty of the states. In addition, you are seeking acceptance and recognition from the very people who are most qualified to grant it. If you're wannabes or you are a legitimate Tribe with a strong history and culture, they'll be the ones to tell ya.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:24 AM   #65
Pow Wow Visitor

Luvs2sing is an unknown quantity at this point
Just gat back into work and trying to catch up on this s**t. would like to comment on alot of these posts but I would be bashing all day and probably tomorrow. Just like to say that it sounds like lumbee guy has some issues w/ us Cherokees because I didnt see anything is any of the post that said we were better than them. Just some good bashing. OK, Heres the way I feel, Its not the real skins that make me mad because the real ones recognized or not are not the ones running around claming to be descendent from the all mighty Princess ( that HO, she realy got around) I mean we can tell if you come correct or not, and if your not then you Fu***ng right I'm going to disrespect your wannabe a**. All you sorry a** wannabes on here are right, there are alot of real skins out there that are not recognized and its not important to be because they know it in there heart but your not or u wouldnt be so hell bent on recog. As for the lumbee guy I personaly dont think I am better than you, I have lumbee friends that I see all the time at PowWows and some of them even come to our fair and get warm greetings from the freinds they have here. So be sure you dont disrespect all Cherokee because of issues you have with individuals. We dont think we are better we just dont want these FUC***G MULKS smeering our name or our traditions. Maybe you lumbees should follow us and make it tougher to enroll in your tribe bc I have been amongst many of your people @ powwows and such and I must admit there are some of you that make me believe but then there are some of you that are just pure Khv-Li, Maybe you should be like us and get rid of the people disrespecting you by trying to be you. As for Tooter, I've gotta hand it to you girl That was some top notch, class A Wannabe bashing. As for Mr. Shows it with my fists, well I wont even go there.:

sorry this is mostly just rambling but my mind is all twisted from reading all this BS from the Crackers.
Luvs2sing is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 11:33 AM   #66
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
wow someone else from the same university lol
Old 09-26-2002, 01:00 PM   #67
STATE

Yikes!!!! You Cherokees are some tough people. I guess that is how you survived all of the trials that you have been through. And will still go through until you leave this earth. Being an Indian is something that no one can take away from you, either you are or you are not. And if you don't know, and have to trace it back to 1/4000 th, or whatever, then other Indians will never consider you one of them. My grandmother, the late Mabel Harris, told us in 1974 that there would come a day when white people would want to be one of us. At that time, Indians were looked down upon as being dirty, drunk, etc. She said that there would be a day when our race would be the most sought after because we would be lifted up as a beautiful people and our true talents and culture would be revealed. And, the government would begin to pay up for all of the transgressions it has performed. She told us not to marry out of our race, for preservation, because we would lose what we had so Divinely been gifted with. I know who I am, I know my ancestors and their trials to stay alive and keep what culture they retained. My hope for your tribe is that it can do the same. It is sad to see such anger and insecurity about who you are and where you came from. This presents a negative opinion about the Cherokee tribe, when there are real full blooded Cherokees who don't say anything because they know who they are. Federally recognized or not, "if you are Indian, you are...if you are not, so be it"
  Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 01:52 PM   #68
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
The commods that I trade my sister for.

Hey Tooter:

Share the welth,
I NEED CHEESE
Old 09-26-2002, 01:55 PM   #69
What Will Be Will Be

FancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 430.00
Luvs2Sing...... backing you up!
Tooter.....sis remeber you don't wan to smack anyone because s**t splatters!

Seriously, for skins it doesn't matter if you're enrolled or not as long as you are,ARE a skin.

Gache, you are coming off as the biggest sell-out! Talking baout how people who are enrolled are sell outs, well MR. I'm federal! YOu are a sell out too then. Why don't you go tell your ancestors that chose life on a reservation so that you could be here today that they are sell-outs!! Go tell your grandmother and grandfather that they are gov't niggers!!

State recoginition for some tribes is a first step to federal gov't recognition. But for a vast majority of the hundreds of Wannabe Cherokee tribes that we here see every F*&%$! day, it is just another bunch of crap!!!!!
Yes, there are probably people out there with legit blood there are also hundreds more who listened to early Cher or watched Billy Jack back in 70's that thought , Man I want to be like him. Oh, I know I'm Cherokee!!

I don't have anything against Lumbee's either. Excuse me, I don't have anything against people who are always Lumbee and state this proudly. In fact, there is one person inparticular whom I respect more than most people on pow-wows. That is April Whitmore. Iwas at gathering when she was crowned. From the very beginning she was Lumbee and Tuscarora. Throughout her competition, Lumbee and Tuscarora. After she was crowned, Lumbee and Tuscarora. After her tour of duty, LUmbee and Tuscarora. Not once has this young woman changed her tribe! She has made it herself and her tribe look,(this is the only way to phrase this next part and I know someone won't understand) like being Lumbee is just as good as being a member of any federal tribe. I respect her for this.Unlike somemany people I see on pow-wow trails she never changes her tribe. I am sick of people out there and there are a few I could name, that start out Lumbee but then when they go to pow-wows all of the sudden they are Cherokee! When every person on this rez knows good and damn wel that they are not!!
This is what we are sick of!! People saying they are Cherokee all the time when they aren't!!
Here when you meet someone they always ask," Who's you're family?" Then you haev to list, mom and dad, grandparents,aunts and uncles! This how we know each other. We know famil'y her and all there relations. If not my face then by family name's!!

Get over it people! Be who are and stop trying to be something you're not!! If you're an indian then be an indian. Don't worry about federal recognition then if you know hwo you are. AND stop acting like you're a billboard! There is no need to proclaim it.
A man is defined by his character and his actions not by his ID card!!!
FancyStar is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 02:31 PM   #70
Tiny Tot Dancer

walmart ndn is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 218.75
Thumbs up

Yeah Tooter!!! Share. Dont hog it all!!! :D
walmart ndn is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 02:34 PM   #71
Dancin n Vendin

Tsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond repute
I joined a NON recognized Tribal Nation, who decided not to go for any recognition what so ever, for awhile I admit I was looking for something more .... more real? maybe, more accepted? possible .... but I have found out that many of the Elders, (I'm referring to REAL Tribal Elders, not just older than me elders) recognize and accept the Southeastern Kituwah Nation, and respect it as a Tribal Nation, no cards, no ID's, no BIA's, no money down!!! We learn the language of our ancestors, we learn the ways of our ancestors, (the traditonal ways, not the modern ones) we make bows, and even arrows, and blow guns, and darts, then teach our children right from wrong, we teach them the old ways, we go to water, and celibrate the New Moon ceremonies ..... we gather together, for a week three times a year, and live as a real villiage did! We have an elected Chief/UKU, with a second in command, we have a war chief, and Clan Mothers, who are voted on by the ladies of the clan, also a Clan Father, who is not the husband of the Clan Mother, but elected by the men of the clan ... we have a Beloved Woman, and do all sorts of things in every day life that our ancestors did, the way they did them, and pass this knowledge down to our children who are learning the language, and the ways of their ancestors, we are keeping the Cherokee way of life alive, in ways that many (notice I did not say all) of the today modern Cherokee could care less about, have forgotten, and have thrown away!

If this is wrong of us, as many of us have chosen to live un-enrolled lives, due to so much of the BS of the Govt, and you want to consider us as wannabes, then I have to say you are the wrong ones, at least we are passing the knowledge to the young ones, we don't need cards to tell us who we are! WE ARE TSALAGI ALE GIDUWAH. And proud of it!

I ran into people right there in Cherokee NC that did not recognize their own language!!! Yet turn around, and have an Elder come to me, with tears, that someone my age would not only know some of the language, but know the difference in the three dialects! I am teaching my daughter even more! Too many are forgetting, and not caring, we do, and we won't forget!

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!

Last edited by Tsiniti; 09-26-2002 at 02:44 PM..
Tsiniti is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 02:43 PM   #72
Quality Taco Inspector

the reservation is our home and has been for 2000 plus years.

Im not talking about u eastern cherokees who are in their homeland also. Im talking about western cherokees who left home and died along the way without putting up much of a fight.

Plus if you actually read what I said I was being sarcastic and worse because of all of you quote legit cherokees who happen to be on a roll ripping other people bc their ancestors didnt sign up for government handouts....

And you 3/4 of your tribe has less than 1/8 indian how can you be so hypocritical with others with the same blood quantum and sometimes even more.

Theres 300000 plus registered cherokees in this country and theres only 9-12000 cherokee fullbloods which represents 3 to 4% of you. Most them are probably with that keetowah band.

So the other 96% of you are doing what?! Having an indian pissing contest.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:47 PM   #73
Dancin n Vendin

Tsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Gache

So the other 96% of you are doing what?! Having an indian pissing contest.
:D I won't even go there, I can't piss very far!:D

Old 09-26-2002, 02:48 PM   #74
Quality Taco Inspector

Plus if you dont know your language or at least trying to, and its damn easy for a cherokee to get a hold of the tools neccessary then to me your not a cherokee anyways your just a white with a good tan.

If you wanna start this pissing contest I can piss real far...
Old 09-26-2002, 02:56 PM   #75
Dancin n Vendin

nope sorry this Giduwah was born with her tan ..... and I do know much of the language, and still learning more .... so it must not be me trying to out piss you ...... I leak too much ... ewww did I admit that?? Sorry

Old 09-26-2002, 03:08 PM   #76
Quality Taco Inspector

LOL
Old 09-26-2002, 03:46 PM   #77
Senior Dancer

zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I joined a NON recognized Tribal Nation
how do you just go "join" a tribe? also, if it's non-recognized, then by definition it does not have the status of a nation. tribe, maybe, nation, no.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:49 PM   #78
Pow Wow Visitor

Gache seems to be well educated about us. Yea you're right about some things (blood & Language) but you're also wrong about somethings (blood & Language ) Our language is comming back, Most of our children can talk pretty good and alot of us grown ups can talk alright. I never claimed that we were a tribe full of full bloods like you Cheyenne, every one knows they are all full. Thats just a little sarcasm, I am not disrespecting your people just making a point that you need not disrespect my people. back to the subject we did grow up in our homeland and with our ways and like someone said before we didnt just see a movie and decide we were Cherokee or we didnt go to a powwow and decide we were Cherokee we were born Cherokee. Like I said before its those mulks I have a problem with not legit Skins,(Cherokee or other tribes) that arnt enroled. Oh and I cant piss far either I generally just find my target and,

PISS ON IT!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2002, 04:07 PM   #79
Pow Wow Visitor

OH Gache, I forgot to reply to your remark about the University I Attended It Was;

*******KMAU*******
Old 09-26-2002, 04:07 PM   #80
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
Ok.. now whith all that being said and getting back on track.. how bout you make it easy on a moderator and try to keep the tempers down to a bare minimum? I sooooo don't want to have to intervene.