Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives State Recognized Tribes State Recognized Tribes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2002, 04:12 PM   #81
Quality Taco Inspector

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Savings: 1.00
I just said those who are not trying to learn their language are not cherokee in my mind....
Im not an expert on cherokees just what I know generally comes from friends and relatives of my wife who is a fluent cherokee speaker. Because there is a possibility that some of you could be related or friends with her or know her I keep her name unmentioned.

I like cherokee people all Im saying is that there are many legit non federals out there who should be given the chance to come home.

Of course there are fakes. Those who take money is a good sign or those who sell spiritual items or hokey ceremonies that never existed are good signs too. We all hate the fakes.

I dont have any idea why there is so much hostility towards non feds.....

Fed indians act like non feds are jumping on a gravy train or something. Im sorry but my lifestyle is way better without government or tribal help than with.
Gache is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 04:24 PM   #82
Pow Wow Visitor

Luvs2sing is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Then you can tell from my posts that I am in complete agreement with you on the mulks and the real ones, and I think that the real ones are welcome to come home.

How wos that Moderator
Luvs2sing is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 04:25 PM   #83
Lovin' life,

Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Mato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond reputeMato Winyan has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 260.00
:Thumbs
Old 09-26-2002, 05:38 PM   #84
Junior Dancer

lumbeedancer is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Tooter
Lumbeedancer, Who on this forum said that they are better than you? I read over it and no one said that. I for one am brown skin, brown hair, brown eyes, and probably more than you (Who knows) I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FU#$! I have been in this world long enough adn been down state to see for myself that there are native people down that way. DUH!!!!!

So what the hell is your problem? Why would you think that becuase we get a per capita check, hold a CDIB card, and what ever the fu#$ you said, would make me better than you? Commods? I love em but hey buddy I got a Fuc#$% education man. I got a good job with the STATE....make a killing, get a percap chekc that pays the bills, and eat the commods that I trade my sister for.

All I know is that we Native people need to UNITE because the M-Fing Gov't owes every red damn cent to us....All native people.

SO tell me how I'm better tha you? Tell me how Luvs2sing, DeltaDawn, WAl-mart NDN, Dancing Booger, adn the rest of us are better than you? When you came up here who treated you like ****? What is it really that you are mad at. I bet no one treated you like **** or did anything to you to make you feel the way you do. If you want me to...I'll do it. COme to the Pow Wow or our fair and I will meet you at the gate and treat you like **** so you can legitimately say you were treated like **** by a Cherokee and you can really have a reason to be pissed. Hell if you wanna take it one step further...Lets hammer down son.

You go ask Archie Lynch, Brenda Silva, Waya, Sparrow, Eddie, WAyasti, Arnold, Pat, Tony, Cochese, Ray, Kathy, Ann & Keith Colston, Colby, John Ox., April Whitamore and a slew of my other friends down that way what kind of person I am and how I feel.

( WITH MY FINGER IN YOUR FACE, I MEAN RIGHT AT THE TIP OF YOUR NOSE)........DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME THAT I AM BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. IN THIS BIG WORLD THAT THE CREATOR MADE...MAN I AM nothing...just a grain of sand.
Not that it matters, but in the past my people were'nt even allowed to dance at pow wows there. They were told to leave. On another occasion my Granmother was told that she wasn't a Lumbee because she didn't look like a Lumbee, Lumbees are just a mix between black and white. How is that for treating like ****? I'm not mad and I don't hold any sort of grudge. I realize that it was just ignorance. You don't know how pleased I was to hear that the Pow Wow policy had changed. To think that maybee all the BS going on between our tribes was coming to an end. I'm glad that everyone cleared up what they were saying. I'm glad that you guys now know who we are. Did I post all the stuff I did because I'm insecure? no! I posted it to try and help end some of the BS that goes on and make pow wows, conferences, and things of that sort a better place to be. It makes me sick when I go to a pow wow and see all the different indians not even talking to each other. This crap has to end, pow wows are social gatherings meant to be fun. I don't know what to call half of them now.

I'm not mad at anyone. I don't have any problem with Cherokees. I never said any of them have ever treated me (personally) like sh!t I know several individuals from Qhalla. I know Daniel Tramper and his brother Robert Tramper, I know Earnest Grant (Beaver) and his brother Andy, Hell I've even got one of A Wo Ha Li's tapes (I think their one of the finest groups on the coast). All of these people are "good people"s. I have nothing but respect for all of them and they have treated me with nothing but respect in turn. You guys are cool as hell! you have the same southern accents and like to ride Harleys just as much as we do. When I was a kid I grew up in a small town that was 99.999% white. There were a few Cherokees (EBCI) that I happened to grow up with and they were some of my best friends. One of them was a little older than me and always took up for me when the older white kids started Sh!t. Do I have something against Cherokees? hell no!!! I got's nothin but love for Cherokees!! I couldn't help but like you guys Bro!!!

I understand where all you guys are coming from with the cherokee wannabee thing. I know it gets fcking irritating and annoying day in and day out. I feel you man!! Believe it or not there are about ten to fifteen wannabee Lumbee tribes all over the country. Hell I'm not even Cherokee and I got to hear people sayin my ggggggggggreat was a Cherokee princess!!! I can only imagine what you guys have to put up with.

It's obviouse now that what was being said wasn't directed towards my people, but how the hell was I supposed to know that!! Noone said that they were only talking about wannabee Cherokees. How is refering to all state recognized tribes (which the Lumbee are) as wannabee club members not insulting. What am I supposed to do? take that ****! I don't think so. I've beat down people with knives before and one time a dude with a gun. I been in so many fights I couldn't even count them. Beating people down is like second nature to me. Rest assured I can handle my own. There aint no fear here. I don't have any interest in fighting you man. What we had here was a failure to communicate. I agree that skins need to stick together and stop bickering over stupid things

I opologize if I insulted your tribe that was never my intention, and I never said there was anything wrong with getting perks and comodities or being federally recognized. I was not infering that you are not hard working people for you most certainly are. You guys have faught hard for what you have and deserve every bit of it. I just said noone who is has to right to condemn somone else for trying to do the same thing.

Last edited by lumbeedancer; 09-26-2002 at 05:43 PM..
lumbeedancer is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 05:47 PM   #85
Dancin n Vendin

Tsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond reputeTsiniti has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by zeph

how do you just go "join" a tribe? also, if it's non-recognized, then by definition it does not have the status of a nation. tribe, maybe, nation, no.
adopted a better word?

How come the Cherokee Nation is ok, but not any other?
Make up your minds! First you say one thing, then another! Man you can't even agree with yourself now! No wonder none of the Native population can ever get unified! You don't want to!

I plainly said exactly what it was, what part do you disagree with, the most? The fact we exist at all? Oh heavens forbid anyone have a Nation exept YOU right? Tribal Nation is exactly what it is!

Argue and fight all you want I give up. You say one thing, and then turn around and say the opposite! It is always a circle, no one is real NDN except who YOU say .... everyone else are wannabes and fakes, which is the most wrong of all!

I'm out of here. ya'll kiddies play at being superior all you want.

Nah I ain't NO WANNABE! I don't gotta wannabe when people wannabe like me!
Tsiniti is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #86
Senior Dancer

zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
my question about the status of "nation" had nothing to do with being indian or not, or, as I said, being a tribe or not. But the word "nation" has specific meaning. To be a nation, and able to treat with other nations as such, you've got to have that recognition from other nations. So if a tribe/rez is not federally recognized, it does not have the legal status of a sovereign nation or the ability to run itself as such, to govern its members as such, to treat with other nations as such. THAT was my point, which was perfectly clear if you had just read my question. I never said anything about the rest of things in your little tirade.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:40 PM   #87
Junior Dancer

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fancy star

I don't have anything against Lumbee's either. Excuse me, I don't have anything against people who are always Lumbee and state this proudly. In fact, there is one person inparticular whom I respect more than most people on pow-wows. That is April Whitmore. Iwas at gathering when she was crowned. From the very beginning she was Lumbee and Tuscarora. Throughout her competition, Lumbee and Tuscarora. After she was crowned, Lumbee and Tuscarora. After her tour of duty, LUmbee and Tuscarora. Not once has this young woman changed her tribe! She has made it herself and her tribe look,(this is the only way to phrase this next part and I know someone won't understand) like being Lumbee is just as good as being a member of any federal tribe. I respect her for this.Unlike somemany people I see on pow-wow trails she never changes her tribe. I am sick of people out there and there are a few I could name, that start out Lumbee but then when they go to pow-wows all of the sudden they are Cherokee! When every person on this rez knows good and damn wel that they are not!!

This is what we are sick of!! People saying they are Cherokee all the time when they aren't!!
Here when you meet someone they always ask," Who's you're family?" Then you haev to list, mom and dad, grandparents,aunts and uncles! This how we know each other. We know famil'y her and all there relations. If not my face then by family name's!!

Get over it people! Be who are and stop trying to be something you're not!! If you're an indian then be an indian. Don't worry about federal recognition then if you know hwo you are. AND stop acting like you're a billboard! There is no need to proclaim it.
A man is defined by his character and his actions not by his ID card!!! [/B]
As far as I'm concerned if any Indian person from Robeson County who is not mixed with another tribe and goes by any other name than Lumbee, Tuscarora, and/or Cheraw they are just as much a wanna be as any white person out there. Maybe for some reason they are ashamed to be Lumbee. Maybe they feel inferior to other skins because they think they won't be accepted if they are Lumbee. I don't know what these idiots reasons are and don't care. They are dumb *** morons who are to chicken **** or ashamed to be what they are. It's because of dip ****s like them that most people are sceptical in the first place. I think these pussified sellouts should be dropped strait of the rolls. What the hell do they have a Lumbee card for if they don't think they are Lumbee. They are definately an embarrasment, but there isn't really much I can do about them except nod my head when they make a$$'s out of themselves. I have the utmost admiration for April as well for being proud enough and real enough to be who she is. I'm thankfull that there are people like her out in the circle cleaning up the mess that these morons are making. Fancy Star! these people irritate me just as much as they do you!!

Hey Tooter!!!!!! Hey buddy ol pal!! My bad I didn't realize you were a woman. Please don't hurt me!!! I wwas just kkidding!!!I'm confused I don't know whether to be scared or turned on!!!!!

Indian women (exspecially outspoken ones) put out the worst kind of *** whoopins there are!!!!! And in certain aspects of life the best, if you know what I mean!!!!!!!! :D :Blush :Blush :2: :2: :49: :49:

Last edited by lumbeedancer; 09-26-2002 at 09:17 PM..
Old 09-26-2002, 09:39 PM   #88
What Will Be Will Be

FancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond reputeFancyStar has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 430.00
lumbeedance posted:
Hey Tooter!!!!!! Hey buddy ol pal!! My bad I didn't realize you were a woman. Please don't hurt me!!! I wwas just kkidding!!!I'm confused I don't know whether to be scared or turned on!!!!!

As Tooters sister, BE SCARED!! I think most people here are on the same page but then again there are some who just keep reaffirmingthat wannabe thing.

Hey skins, have you ever noticed that we never talk about tribal happenings or dances or ceremony's in public with strangers?
Excuse me, but this is one of those things that are nobody's business but ours!!

And if we are going to have a pissing contest, could all contestant please e-mail pictures and measurements to me!!!LOL
:devil
FancyStar is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2002, 09:14 AM   #89
Tiny Tot Dancer

Tooter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 366.94
Hey Gache, :NoNo(now you know better, you're a moderator too!)... :Tongue

Is there any prize money for the longest distance? Size puddle?

Ummmm, LumbeeDancer, yah you better be afraid. I'm crazy. I'm little. I'm sneaky. I play dirty. Or just straight up. I gots ta give you an AZZ whoopin now, you already earned it Ese!!! Nah I'm kidding Bro.

Ok back about two pages and a few more someone was all assumming (Oh know the Spelling Bee King Gache may ding me if its spelled wrong) that the blood Quantum is that low over here. Obvioulsy you ain't done your snoopin good enough girlfrien. THat's them damn Oklahoma's. Then someone else was takling about "oooh we do this and that. This way and that way. See, I'm Cherokee and grew up and raised up the traditonal way....stuff that has been going on and on. I ain't ever ever heard of the stuff she was talking about. THAT IS THE **** WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE LIVED IT, SPOKE, DONE, EAT IT, EVERY THING AND THIS PERSON SPITS OFF SOME CRAP. GOD ALMIGHTY. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

JUST SHUT UP AND DON'T EVEN REPLY CAUSE I KNOW THE COME BACK YOU WILL HAVE WOMAN. YOUR FULL OF CRAP. JUST HUSH....NOPE! BE QUIET....you know what? Uh-uh! LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALLALAL ALALALALALALA......you are so tuned out.

Last edited by Mato Winyan; 09-27-2002 at 10:48 AM..
Tooter is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #90
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Originally posted by FancyStar
lumbeedance posted:

As Tooters sister, BE SCARED!!
:devil
U

mmmm, LumbeeDancer, yah you better be afraid. I'm crazy. I'm little. I'm sneaky. I play dirty. Or just straight up. I gots ta give you an AZZ whoopin now, you already earned it Ese!!! Nah I'm kidding Bro

Ah hell "I done up and done it now" not only do I have two Indian women after me, but their sisters to. .:Eyepopper

Well I guess it's time to move to Mexico:Idea
Old 09-27-2002, 11:25 AM   #91
PowWows.com Addicts

NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
NDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond reputeNDNQt has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,809.51
Talking Nope

Nope lil bro I can't let you go to Mexico! I would miss you too much~:D
Old 09-27-2002, 01:00 PM   #92
Junior Dancer

I guess I'll have to stay here I definately wouldn't want three Indian women mad at me.

I'd be a dead man walking.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:55 PM   #93
Pow Wow Visitor

PensaCrowGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
I must be dummer than I think I am, you say it's ok to be part of a tribe, or group of people who live native, who are not and do not want to be govenment approved. But you turn around and tell them no they can't be, bycause you say so? You make fun of them when they say they live, and teach the traditionl stuff? Why is that?

My brother makes and sells bows. Do you call me a liar too? We don't live like alot of people do, we haul water, and don't use electricity, I come to a frind house and learn to use his computer, so I can maybe get a job, we live traditional off a reservation. We are Cherokee. so why do you say this woman isn't? Do you know her? Have you met her? Maybe you are the one full of it? Do you know your own talk from your ancestors? Not white talk but native? What is wrong with learning?

None of this thread make since to me. One say it ok, but another say everyone wrong, Zeph always has to tell everyone they are wrong, and only her is right. Then after they get defense she has to turn around and say oh no that is not what I say you read wrong, but that is what it sound like to me too! Every timne, she attack me too. I know she will this time too! No one is right but her.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:08 PM   #94
Senior Dancer

zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-27-2002, 02:23 PM   #95
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Well Zeph?
Okwataga is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2002, 02:30 PM   #96
Senior Dancer

ok, you're all wrong! Only I am right, ever! so there! :p
Old 09-27-2002, 03:03 PM   #97
Senior Dancer

Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Okwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond reputeOkwataga has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

That's the Zeph we know and come to love!
Okwataga is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2002, 03:11 PM   #98
Senior Dancer

:D
Old 09-27-2002, 03:36 PM   #99
Quality Taco Inspector

Gache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond reputeGache has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 727.00
Thats bc zeph is slick as a wet noodle....
When I become president shes going to be my press secretary.
lol
Gache is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2002, 03:46 PM   #100
Guakia Taino Yahabo

Tvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond reputeTvskekee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 323.00
Zeph

There are 4 Micmam/Maliseet band in Maine that are fed recognized. My best freind is FINALLY going back home to the rez up there where he belongs(his dad wandered and he was born here in Macon, Ga) yeah , a northern skin who talks with a funny southern accent-lol

I have lots of freinds, you just cant see them:)
Tvskekee is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links