Old 10-09-2001, 06:12 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SouthernDrumSinger is on a distinguished road
Credits: 187.20
Savings: 0.00
Post Videos

Hey guys,
Another question again. Are there any instructional videos on Northern Traditional Dancing out that would be helpful to use? Thanks.

SDS
Old 10-10-2001, 10:27 AM   #2
Tiny Tot Dancer

CEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond reputeCEM has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Full Circle Video has a tape on basics of dancing that is pretty good. Watching videos are fine, and getting out to a dance and watching good dancers dance is even better.

CEM
CEM is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2001, 05:40 PM   #3
Tuscaroran

The Full Circle video, "Dancing Native American Style: Beginning Steps" is good for learning the basic steps, and tips on how to keep on the drum.

Also both Mens and Womens dance style tapes are good. I've also got the Gathering of Nations 2000 tape it's good to watch too. The cheaper way may be like what CEM said is to go out there and dance and watch others. Also you can videotape Powwows as well.
  Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2001, 09:04 PM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

nativelohaus is an unknown quantity at this point
alright, this is what someone told me. go to a pow wow and watch someone that can really jam. watch their feet and get yours in tune with their feet. after a while you will get the hang of it. i don't know if i would do that in full gear or anything. try it in an intertribal.
nativelohaus is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2001, 09:41 PM   #5
Tiny Tot Dancer

chitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond reputechitimacha1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Waxtuygi,

I'm in the learning stage also. I'll be hitting the powwow scene for the first time soon. I'm not even sure if I'll have all my regalia finished by the time I'm ready to get out and dance, but I'll definately take advantage of the intertribals! Good luck to you also.

Jim
chitimacha1974 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 10-10-2001, 11:43 PM   #6
powwow bum

anything with fred astaire should get you goin in the right path (which is as far away from me as possible)
  Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links