Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > PowWows.com Forum Archives > Archives > Dancing How to Clean a Jingle Dress How to Clean a Jingle Dress

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2001, 08:58 AM   #1
~Erica~

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
Savings: 1.00
Question How to Clean a Jingle Dress

My mom brought the dress to the dry cleaner's, and they said they wouldn't dry clean it because of the jingles. She asked around, and one girl said she takes off the jingles, dry cleans the dress, and then puts the jingles back on. If we have to go thru that, we'll just make a new dress! Any suggestions? Bathtub hand washing, or what? Thanks.
eap7 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2001, 04:48 PM   #2
Jinglin fool...

n8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
hand wash it with woolite and hang dry.. that is what i have been told

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!
n8tivechick is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2001, 04:57 PM   #3
Jinglin fool...

n8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond reputen8tivechick has a reputation beyond repute
hand wash it with woolite and hang dry.. that is what i have been told

You say I don't look indian? Well you don't look stupid, but looks can be deceiving!
n8tivechick is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2001, 05:25 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Haliwa Indian Gal is an unknown quantity at this point
You cna put your dress in a pillow case and tie it up.Put it in the washing machine and then hang it up. It will come ot fine.Mines Does.And thats what me and some of my friends that dance jingle do.

Haliwa Saponi Indian Tribe#1
Haliwa Indian Gal is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2001, 09:53 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

cali gal is an unknown quantity at this point
I usually do the hand washing thing to. I fill the tub up and put the detergent in. Then I put my dress in and kind of move it around there for awhile(can't tell you specifically how long!). Then I rinse it and lay it out to dry, like on a chair outside. This has worked for me.
cali gal is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2001, 10:54 AM   #6
Not for the Weak & Timid

TaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond repute
TaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond repute
Hi - you can put it in one of those lingerie laundry bags and put it in the washing machine and then hang dry - that's what I do with mine and my daughters.
TaShunka Luta is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-2001, 06:39 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

jinglin is an unknown quantity at this point
HI well what i do with my dress is turn it inside out and then wash it the machine on a gentle cycle then hang it to dry, this works for me!
peace:D
jinglin is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2001, 01:04 PM   #8
Tiny Tot Dancer

Niijii'sMom is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello :)
my little sisters jingle dress is satin, and i know that if we got it wet all over it would spot, plus if your cones arnt sealed they will rust. I guess it just depends on your dress. Besides the worst that will happen is you will need to make a new dress right?

My mom cleaned my sisters dress that had spots with a diaper wipe. it took a little color off with it, but it cleaned it, and the color wasnt missed.

Kim
Niijii'sMom is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2001, 07:20 PM   #9
~Erica~

eap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
Savings: 1.00
Hi Niijii's Mom,

How do I know if the cones are "sealed"??? The ones on the bottom two rows are already a little rusted. Yeah, I know about satin spotting from a dress I wore to a dance once. It was raining out and my mom made me wear her looooooong trenchcoat b/c she didn't want the dress (which she'd made :) ) to get water-spotted.

Thanks.
eap7 is offline   Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2001, 09:24 PM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

Niijii'sMom is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello,
I think when you buy them your suppose to shilac (sp?) them. Since this was the first dress my mom made, we didnt know. An instructor at my sisters school told us. you can get rid of the rust by using sand paper or another type of abrasive. I imagine that you could seal them again after you get the rust off.

Im not possitive since we havnt had that problem...yet ;)

Kim
Niijii'sMom is offline   Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links