Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow FAQ's Creek Tribe Princess Creek Tribe Princess

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
constableclark

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Question Creek Tribe Princess

I am looking for more information on my 5x great grandmother who was a Creek Indian Princess. Can someone direct me?
My grandmother was the last known registered Creek native in my family and I am not registered.
Any information would be helpful.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Teen Dancer

Items Tree
rezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,435.77
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by constableclark View Post
I am looking for more information on my 5x great grandmother who was a Creek Indian Princess. Can someone direct me?
My grandmother was the last known registered Creek native in my family and I am not registered.
Any information would be helpful.
1st. Hello and welcome
2nd. you might want to edit this post, NDN's don't have princesses, don't really know where that started, but it's a sure fire statement that will bring you plenty of ridicule and make you the butt of a lot of jokes.
3rd. If you are looking for your ancestry, start with you, then work backwards, mom/dad grandparents, etc, etc, etc, if you need any other help you might want to contact timmy_tiger, she's on the boards here. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.
Everyone has two people in them, the one wants you to do wrong the other to do right. Balance comes when you get the two to work together...I just wished mine would stop arguing like a couple of old women
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 14,153.33
(I can't get my Newton's Method class working right. So, I'll bite...)

With all due respect, Native people of North America don't have royalty. Except for powwow princesses, who aren't royalty, just kind of event ambassadors. I think you have been a victim of a family myth:)

This happens all the time. My Dad's mother told me my first European ancestor in this country had a "Royal Appointment." What she failed to mention was that was an appointment with the gallows, necessitating a hasty trip to the New World. My cousins' kids all think this ancestor was a knight not a criminal.

If you want to find out if you have a Native ancestor, start with the usual genealogical methods. Start looking at birth and death certificates. You'll need names, dates, and locations before you can even begin to find any kind of ancestor.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Teen Dancer

Items Tree
rezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,435.77
You know I don't normally make it a habit to throw people under the bus, but I feel that if you are so - as to not understand when someone is trying to help you and then you decide to PM me, feeling all insulted, the I say, -! If you don't have the NADS to say this S**T in public, the keep your friggin mouth shut.

All I have to say is GAME ON!
Everyone has two people in them, the one wants you to do wrong the other to do right. Balance comes when you get the two to work together...I just wished mine would stop arguing like a couple of old women

Last edited by Toolbox; 04-01-2012 at 11:08 PM..
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50,130.34
Strange situation, thats for sure.

Game 3 session 1 number 20
B 1 the baby on the board , B one
wyo_rose is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links