PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Pow Wow FAQ's (http://forums.powwows.com/f40/)
-   -   destroying the myth of aztlan and aztec HOBBYISTS (http://forums.powwows.com/f40/destroying-myth-aztlan-aztec-hobbyists-68613/)

milehighsalute 05-31-2014 01:13 PM

destroying the myth of aztlan and aztec HOBBYISTS
 
bring on the red beads my friends....AZTECS are nothing but hobbyists and have no place in powwow due to anti-americanism and MISINFORMATION.....why? lets start with their teachings

Aztlan teachings: these idiots claim the mexica "empire" stretched from the amazon to wyoming...bwahahaha...they actually had very little homelands based around mexico city.....they were hated and constantly at war with neighboring tribes....i dont know a whole lot about mexican tribes but "empire" would have meant that all tribes would regularily pay tributes and allow occupancy....im sure many of them wouldnt have taken that sitting down.....and could you imagine the northern mexiccan tribes and nomadic sothwestern tribes we know of TODAY (yaqui, yuma,ute, apache tribes, comanche,arawak) letting the aztecs off the hook without a fight? get real!!

THE TRUTH about the aztec "WARRIORS"...some warrior culture...bunch of puddy tats...these fearsome wariors let themselves get conquered in less than 3 years...led the spanish straight to the gold, gave up their women, quickly assimilated and then turned on their red brothers (including both of my tribes, who kicked theri azzes) up north and their offspring quickly developed a european way of life....they might as well rename their tribe the SOUTHERN CROW

fast forward to the 60's and the chicano movement....all of a sudden all hese stateside mexicans and chicanos decided they were aztec....funny thing is can any of the trace their roots back? do they know their tribes? their clans? their families? their language? NO....because mexico has a kill em all policy and never stopped to take a census like the US did (not saying USA was any better, just saying they would occasionally stop the genocide and take a census...these mexicans dont know what they are so they all start identifying as aztecs...they dont know their customs so the MAKE EM UP!! and somehow they ended up settling for the las vegas showgirl look and dances which are now considered "traditional"

they always want to be at powwows, and consider NDNs one in the same as them (especially when they want support on immigration issues) ALL THE WHILE DISRESPECTING OUR FLAG BY PULLING THAT AZTLAN NICAN TLACA BS....always crying how "this was all mexico"....ha...mexico STOLE IT AND SOLD IT...and they didnt even have a good grip in the sw USA anyways on count of getting azzes kicked by tribes and even pirates on a regular basis..they couldt wait to sell it....look at old mexican maps, they called some places apacheria and comancheria, basically a no mans land where their macho mexican army were to scared to go protect their own people

they call indian vets cannon fodder and sellouts.....yet they always want a spot in veterans day powwows and memorial day powwows and want you to share your hot dogs with them on 4th of july...in california i actually seen them in grand entry which is sacrelige in my eyes.....they have NO BUSINESS dancing behind the flag, or behind the eagle staff........if they hate vets so much maybe they should stay home because we sure do alot of honoring of them....i bet it must be torture to them......oh the horror

JUST SAY NO TO AZTEC HOBBYISTS!!!!

wanjica_the_one 05-31-2014 02:25 PM

No! You feel better?

Joe's Dad 05-31-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1599583)
bring on the red beads my friends....AZTECS are nothing but hobbyists and have no place in powwow due to anti-americanism and MISINFORMATION.....why? lets start with their teachings

Aztlan teachings: these idiots claim the mexica "empire" stretched from the amazon to wyoming...bwahahaha...they actually had very little homelands based around mexico city.....they were hated and constantly at war with neighboring tribes....i dont know a whole lot about mexican tribes but "empire" would have meant that all tribes would regularily pay tributes and allow occupancy....im sure many of them wouldnt have taken that sitting down.....and could you imagine the northern mexiccan tribes and nomadic sothwestern tribes we know of TODAY (yaqui, yuma,ute, apache tribes, comanche,arawak) letting the aztecs off the hook without a fight? get real!!

THE TRUTH about the aztec "WARRIORS"...some warrior culture...bunch of puddy tats...these fearsome wariors let themselves get conquered in less than 3 years...led the spanish straight to the gold, gave up their women, quickly assimilated and then turned on their red brothers (including both of my tribes, who kicked theri azzes) up north and their offspring quickly developed a european way of life....they might as well rename their tribe the SOUTHERN CROW

fast forward to the 60's and the chicano movement....all of a sudden all hese stateside mexicans and chicanos decided they were aztec....funny thing is can any of the trace their roots back? do they know their tribes? their clans? their families? their language? NO....because mexico has a kill em all policy and never stopped to take a census like the US did (not saying USA was any better, just saying they would occasionally stop the genocide and take a census...these mexicans dont know what they are so they all start identifying as aztecs...they dont know their customs so the MAKE EM UP!! and somehow they ended up settling for the las vegas showgirl look and dances which are now considered "traditional"

they always want to be at powwows, and consider NDNs one in the same as them (especially when they want support on immigration issues) ALL THE WHILE DISRESPECTING OUR FLAG BY PULLING THAT AZTLAN NICAN TLACA BS....always crying how "this was all mexico"....ha...mexico STOLE IT AND SOLD IT...and they didnt even have a good grip in the sw USA anyways on count of getting azzes kicked by tribes and even pirates on a regular basis..they couldt wait to sell it....look at old mexican maps, they called some places apacheria and comancheria, basically a no mans land where their macho mexican army were to scared to go protect their own people

they call indian vets cannon fodder and sellouts.....yet they always want a spot in veterans day powwows and memorial day powwows and want you to share your hot dogs with them on 4th of july...in california i actually seen them in grand entry which is sacrelige in my eyes.....they have NO BUSINESS dancing behind the flag, or behind the eagle staff........if they hate vets so much maybe they should stay home because we sure do alot of honoring of them....i bet it must be torture to them......oh the horror

JUST SAY NO TO AZTEC HOBBYISTS!!!!

Those damn hobbyists! LOL

i was down in Mexico City some 23 years ago. with some 'Aztec' friends of mine. I had fun. Saw about 4000 hobbyist dancers at the Cathederal on the Virgin day. Went to the Zocalo market place. People were talking in this weird 'hobbyist' language. I sure couldn't understand them. Come to find out there are 366 dialects in Mexico City alone. My son had the opportunity to dance in one of the groups at the cathederal. You just can,'t suit up and walk right in. He was given the invitation to go back and dance any time. The Printup family was there also. The boys got to set up and sing for those from here that danced their style. I do know one of the Printup girls married one of those 'hobbyitst Aztecs. Hmmm. wonder if that makes their kids hobbyists also?

The father of the group said Boye Ladd had gone down there with them. Does this make Boye Ladd a 'hobbyist' lover? I also know Apesanekwat ws their friend. He told me himself. I guess there must be a lot of Aztec 'hobbyist' lovers in this world.
I guess this is where I say 'no'. NO! lol

milehighsalute 05-31-2014 09:48 PM

Since it's the week of 'Cinco de Mayo', I'm going to debunk some Mexican myths this week that Mexicans and Non-Mexicans fall for.

Myth #1:
'Yo Tiengo Sangre Azteca': I have Aztec blood (I'm Aztec)

Mexicans claiming they are 'Aztecs' is equivalent white people claiming to be Cherokee. There are so many tribes in Mexico, yet everyone wants to be an 'Aztec'. That's not even their actual name, they are actually named 'Mexica', "Aztecs" is a name the Spaniards gave them. It's ironic that literally all Mexicans claim to be this one tribe, yet none of these people actually give a **** about the ALIVE natives that still exist in Mexico. They still speak their own language, and practice their own traditions that is not 'Aztec' related. Yes, there is some Nahuatl (Aztec language) that carries on to this day, but it doesn't mean everyone in Mexico is Aztec. Other tribes in Mexico also spoke Aztec, especially the tribes that the Aztecs oppressed. In history, the oppressed usually have to learn the language of their oppressors. Do people claim to be Aztec because they were a 'warrior people'? Because they were not the most badass people in Mexico. The Purepecha had metal weapons, and the Aztecs tried to invade them, but could not conquer these people because they were even more badass then they were. So instead, the Aztecs started trading with them because the Purepechas had better weapons. The Aztecs tried to conquer the Raramuri, and these dude literally ran circles around them. The only reason, in my point of view, why people are so infatuated with Aztecs, is because of the monuments. The Aztecs did not have a large land mass empire, nor did they have the biggest land mass empire either. And it was not like the Aztecs were so loved in Mexico when they existed. The surrounding tribes helped Hernan Cortez in 1521 to destroy the 'Aztec Empire'. Where were all these so-called Aztecs in the last 20 years when the Mexican government aggressively assimilated Mexican natives into modern western style society? (Cultural genocide). Here in the U.S., there was a census that documented most of the natives. So we can trace back bloodlines in the U.S. Not so much in Mexico. Its very hard to trace back bloodlines, especially when there was no written record of birth in many places for a long time. And we also have to take in consideration of the Mexican Revolution that displaced MANY Mexican people from their original home place and many changed their names and adopted other people's last names. So if anyone ever says "I'm part Aztec', they are stupid and ignorant. Even if they say they speak nahuatl (The American born Mexicans). You can literally buy a English-Nahuatl Dictionary, these people are as obsessed with learning the language as people that learn the Klingon language (Star Trek). People actually learn the Klingon language! Just because you are Brown, it doesn't mean you're Aztec. There were many brown Mexican native tribes in Mexico. So don't be fooled by people claiming to know the Aztec language (Nahuatl). They are liars. Plain and simple. And if you see a Aztec dancer (Danzate), they are full of **** as well. They all say, "I got this dance from this so and so Aztec person in Mexico". Meaning: "There is an even bigger loser than me, and I was so stupid to believe his bull****, and now I am ignorantly doing a traditional dance that I have no connection to". But remember, I am also part Mexican, and unlike these losers, I was actually born in Mexico.

Next Myth: "California, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Utah, and New Mexico Belonged to Mexico first". Lol, As if there wasn't Natives there first.

milehighsalute 05-31-2014 09:49 PM

Mexican Myth #2 : The myth of “Aztlan”- A history lesson.

Since it’s the Week of Cinco De Mayo, I am debunking Mexican myths that non-Mexicans and Mexicans believe.

How many times have anyone heard the term “Aztlan”? Well if you don’t know, its what some people believe. They believe that California, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, part of Wyoming, part of Oklahoma and part of Kansas is and should be considered Mexican territory. I have heard many Mexicans say that “the racist Americans took Northern Mexico because they found gold there, and it should still be considered Mexico”. Yeah, there’s U.S. president’s Polk’s Manifest Destiny garbage. But I say this, Mexico never really had a grasp of Northern Mexico. Why? Because of the Native Americans. I find it ironic that people that yell, “This is Aztlan!” and wear giant Aztec regalia and claim to be oober Mexican, have never heard of the Apache-Mexican War, or the Comanche-Mexican War. Mexico had very racist and genocidal policies against the native population. Even its own natives in Mexico were going through some serious oppression. Both the Apache and Comanche made Mexicans their ***** in ‘Northern Mexico‘. I once saw some Neo-Aztec propaganda; it had that famous picture of Geronimo holding his gun and it said “We are all Ninca Tlaca”, (pretty much saying we are all Aztec). But the funny thing is, Geronimo HATED MEXICANS. Mexicans killed his family, he wanted nothing to do with Mexico. Plus the Comanche made every Mexican their ***** in “Northern Mexico“, they raided well into Zacatecas, Jalisco, Queretaro and San Luis Potosi. Do you even comprehend how deep into Mexico that is?!?!?! Its literally half way into current Mexico. People actually feared the Comanche were going to raid Mexico city. And if you look at the past maps, that’s 2/3 into Mexico in the 1800s. According to “The Mexican Frontier” (Weber, David) it says,

“We travel the roads…at their [i.e. the Comanches and Apaches] whim; we cultivate the land where they wish and in the amount they wish; we use sparingly things they have left to us until the moment that it strikes their appetite to take them for themselves.”

So I counter this. It never belonged to Mexico, It always belonged to the Natives. So all these Neo-Aztec idiots can sit down. The “We didn’t cross the border, The border crossed us” is bogus. Northern Mexico was called Apacheria and Comancheria, Not Aztlan. We are not Ninca Tlaca, or some Aztec Bull****. So remember it’s Comanche and Apache, they made you their ***** in the 1800s, its history.

And before some dumb republican yells “ ‘Merica “. Its not yours either, you’re on borrowed land, and it's time to pay your rent. I’m seriously surprised how many Americans and American politicians lick A.I.P.A.C.’s and Israel’s *** because they are in the bible. Yet the same people do not give a **** about Native Americans. JEWS LOST THEIR LAND 2,000 YEARS AGO. Then they went into Europe and Asia and mixed with them, then came back in 1948 and they got a country? What the HELL! Natives lost their land 100 years ago., and we get a ****ty blood quantum requirement?!?! This is BULL****. And before anyone says, well, Native Americans are Asians blah blah blah. The Jews didn’t belong in “Israel”, they entered that area, said ‘god’ gave it to them then COMMITED GENOCIDE ON THE CANAANITES. So suck on that.

Next Mexican Myth: Mexicans in the U.S. saying, “I’m Dineh/Pueblo/Yaqui/Shoshone/Anasizi, but I cannot prove it”. You’re Mexican dude, seriously, just stop.

milehighsalute 05-31-2014 09:50 PM

the above 2 posts were written by a friend of mine

Joe's Dad 06-01-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1599600)
the above 2 posts were written by a friend of mine

Ok. I'll bite. lol

In the words of OLChemist, milehighsalute and a few others on this board, "Where's the Beef?".

All I read was one person's OPINION. I'm going to ask for references. First, on the writings of your friend. And second, on the credentials of your friend that makes him the ONLY subject matter expert on 'hobbyist Aztecs'.

While I have seen 'hobbyist Aztec dancers' in my area, I haven't seen an argument here worthy of a red bead.

AmigoKumeyaay 06-01-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1599600)
the above 2 posts were written by a friend of mine

The Mexicans "gave" Geronimo his nom de guerre.

While trying to defend themselves from Apache attackers, Mexican troops would yell prayers to San Jeronimo, the patron saint of the army.

The Apache thought they were focusing on Golathlay "Geronimo"

milehighsalute 06-02-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay (Post 1599707)
The Mexicans "gave" Geronimo his nom de guerre.

While trying to defend themselves from Apache attackers, Mexican troops would yell prayers to San Jeronimo, the patron saint of the army.

The Apache thought they were focusing on Golathlay "Geronimo"

agreed.....which is ironic that mexicans are walking around with "original homeland security" t-shirts with geronimo's likeness all the while talking that "aztlan" and "this is all STILL mexico" crap

milehighsalute 06-02-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1599700)
Ok. I'll bite. lol

In the words of OLChemist, milehighsalute and a few others on this board, "Where's the Beef?".

All I read was one person's OPINION. I'm going to ask for references. First, on the writings of your friend. And second, on the credentials of your friend that makes him the ONLY subject matter expert on 'hobbyist Aztecs'.

While I have seen 'hobbyist Aztec dancers' in my area, I haven't seen an argument here worthy of a red bead.

thanks for biting....i was hoping to pyss off alot of people but i guess it didnt happen......im sad :sad_smile

credentials? on my part i guess the only credential i have is being taos/ute/genizaro and knowing our history....not a single story mentions paying any tribute to the aztecs......in fact just the opposite in the Tiguex wars where we drove back the spanish with their aztec/maya allies and offspring and during the Pueblo Revolt (though most of the opposition was spanish missionaries and nearby spanish settlers with their servants brought from southern mexico)and even during the Chimayoso Revolt where mexican army infantry was now made up of the offspring of southern mexico tribes/spanish......they tout their warrior culture but they got their azzes kicked by a buncha farmers :teeth_smi

as far as my friends credentials i have no idea.....i do know he is a journalist with a few articles floating around out there....he relly did his research on his history which is comanche.......he is the anti-david yeagley of his people

and i am not saying that the nahua language doesnt exist in any form.....of course it does.......but not just aztecs spoke it

and i maintain......that any mexica "grupos" are hobbyists......at least all the ones i ever seen.....i never been to mexico, just throughout the SW and the "history" they spew is laughable.....the only thing that isnt funny is that they get jobs teaching that stuff in school and non-profit settings..........i am in no way supportive of tax dollars being spent on MISINFORMATION and FANTASIES being passed off as legit history by chicanos being tired of being chicano and now they wanna be indian....like i said....HOBBYISTS!!!!!!!

and look at that quack "Olin what'shisface"....that guy gathered a huge following with taking his la mecha teachings to a higher level of stupidity with all his "nican tlaca" talk.....these people are just as crazy as the "moorish mound builders" and just as inaccurate.........and again if they hate this country so much and love mexico so much (who by the way have/had way more brutal policies towards indians) what the hell are they doing in grand entry? why they following the veteran staff? i saw some retiring the colors at stanford......unfugginbelievable!!!!!

any you californians should know what i am talking about better than anyone

BRING ON THE RED BEADS!!!!

Joe's Dad 06-02-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1599744)
thanks for biting....i was hoping to pyss off alot of people but i guess it didnt happen......im sad :sad_smile

credentials? on my part i guess the only credential i have is being taos/ute/genizaro and knowing our history....not a single story mentions paying any tribute to the aztecs......in fact just the opposite in the Tiguex wars where we drove back the spanish with their aztec/maya allies and offspring and during the Pueblo Revolt (though most of the opposition was spanish missionaries and nearby spanish settlers with their servants brought from southern mexico)and even during the Chimayoso Revolt where mexican army infantry was now made up of the offspring of southern mexico tribes/spanish......they tout their warrior culture but they got their azzes kicked by a buncha farmers :teeth_smi

as far as my friends credentials i have no idea.....i do know he is a journalist with a few articles floating around out there....he relly did his research on his history which is comanche.......he is the anti-david yeagley of his people

and i am not saying that the nahua language doesnt exist in any form.....of course it does.......but not just aztecs spoke it

and i maintain......that any mexica "grupos" are hobbyists......at least all the ones i ever seen.....i never been to mexico, just throughout the SW and the "history" they spew is laughable.....the only thing that isnt funny is that they get jobs teaching that stuff in school and non-profit settings..........i am in no way supportive of tax dollars being spent on MISINFORMATION and FANTASIES being passed off as legit history by chicanos being tired of being chicano and now they wanna be indian....like i said....HOBBYISTS!!!!!!!

and look at that quack "Olin what'shisface"....that guy gathered a huge following with taking his la mecha teachings to a higher level of stupidity with all his "nican tlaca" talk.....these people are just as crazy as the "moorish mound builders" and just as inaccurate.........and again if they hate this country so much and love mexico so much (who by the way have/had way more brutal policies towards indians) what the hell are they doing in grand entry? why they following the veteran staff? i saw some retiring the colors at stanford......unfugginbelievable!!!!!

any you californians should know what i am talking about better than anyone

BRING ON THE RED BEADS!!!!

Keep typing like this and people are going to start giving you GREEN beads! :laughing:

I guess I don't follow Olin and naca laca enough to know who they are. I have held ollas that were dug up from 30 feet underground. My friends used it at a performance for the school we stayed at in Mexico City. It's called the Fire Dance. Both times the flame was lit in the bowl, the fire went out. Go figure.

If you saw Aztecs dancing the flags out, and didn't approve, then it was your responsibility to approach the Arena Director and voice your opinion. Now, if it was held at a public location, with grants/donations/etc., then law requires no discrimination.

I'm not good at discussing historical events because history isn't one of my fortes. I still, think if you quote someone in a discussion, then there should be validity in their quotes. Hence, the references.

I've had the opportunity to attend powwows from the East coast to the West coast. From the Southwest to the Northwest and the Plains. Never took the time to look for negative things. I was having too much fun!

gilisi 06-02-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1599744)
thanks for biting....i was hoping to pyss off alot of people but i guess it didnt happen......im sad :sad_smile

credentials? on my part i guess the only credential i have is being taos/ute/genizaro and knowing our history....not a single story mentions paying any tribute to the aztecs......in fact just the opposite in the Tiguex wars where we drove back the spanish with their aztec/maya allies and offspring and during the Pueblo Revolt (though most of the opposition was spanish missionaries and nearby spanish settlers with their servants brought from southern mexico)and even during the Chimayoso Revolt where mexican army infantry was now made up of the offspring of southern mexico tribes/spanish......they tout their warrior culture but they got their azzes kicked by a buncha farmers :teeth_smi

as far as my friends credentials i have no idea.....i do know he is a journalist with a few articles floating around out there....he relly did his research on his history which is comanche.......he is the anti-david yeagley of his people

and i am not saying that the nahua language doesnt exist in any form.....of course it does.......but not just aztecs spoke it

and i maintain......that any mexica "grupos" are hobbyists......at least all the ones i ever seen.....i never been to mexico, just throughout the SW and the "history" they spew is laughable.....the only thing that isnt funny is that they get jobs teaching that stuff in school and non-profit settings..........i am in no way supportive of tax dollars being spent on MISINFORMATION and FANTASIES being passed off as legit history by chicanos being tired of being chicano and now they wanna be indian....like i said....HOBBYISTS!!!!!!!

and look at that quack "Olin what'shisface"....that guy gathered a huge following with taking his la mecha teachings to a higher level of stupidity with all his "nican tlaca" talk.....these people are just as crazy as the "moorish mound builders" and just as inaccurate.........and again if they hate this country so much and love mexico so much (who by the way have/had way more brutal policies towards indians) what the hell are they doing in grand entry? why they following the veteran staff? i saw some retiring the colors at stanford......unfugginbelievable!!!!!

any you californians should know what i am talking about better than anyone

BRING ON THE RED BEADS!!!!

L to the O to the L...

You ain't gettin any kinda fight outa this Calexican either. I was raised/adopted by a Mexican family. I completely agree with you regarding the tendencies of some chicanos to claim Aztlan... Actually had my azz beat by one over that argument one time! LOL

Turns out I was right but too drunk to fight.

If and when I buy my way in/ have my giveaway, the elder that will speak for me was born and raised in Mexico, but NDN. He has never claimed aztlan LOL, nor has he ever been in the arena, but he's the real deal. If I was ever to meet some of his family down south he would have to interpret for me, cause the older ones don't speak Spanish or English.

So now the ball is in YOUR court to red bead ME milehigh! :lol:

BTW neither he or I wave ANY kind of flags

Grits & Beans 06-07-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1599583)
bring on the red beads my friends....AZTECS are nothing but hobbyists and have no place in powwow due to anti-americanism and MISINFORMATION.....why? lets start with their teachings

Aztlan teachings: these idiots claim the mexica "empire" stretched from the amazon to wyoming...bwahahaha...they actually had very little homelands based around mexico city.....they were hated and constantly at war with neighboring tribes....i dont know a whole lot about mexican tribes but "empire" would have meant that all tribes would regularily pay tributes and allow occupancy....im sure many of them wouldnt have taken that sitting down.....and could you imagine the northern mexiccan tribes and nomadic sothwestern tribes we know of TODAY (yaqui, yuma,ute, apache tribes, comanche,arawak) letting the aztecs off the hook without a fight? get real!!

THE TRUTH about the aztec "WARRIORS"...some warrior culture...bunch of puddy tats...these fearsome wariors let themselves get conquered in less than 3 years...led the spanish straight to the gold, gave up their women, quickly assimilated and then turned on their red brothers (including both of my tribes, who kicked theri azzes) up north and their offspring quickly developed a european way of life....they might as well rename their tribe the SOUTHERN CROW

fast forward to the 60's and the chicano movement....all of a sudden all hese stateside mexicans and chicanos decided they were aztec....funny thing is can any of the trace their roots back? do they know their tribes? their clans? their families? their language? NO....because mexico has a kill em all policy and never stopped to take a census like the US did (not saying USA was any better, just saying they would occasionally stop the genocide and take a census...these mexicans dont know what they are so they all start identifying as aztecs...they dont know their customs so the MAKE EM UP!! and somehow they ended up settling for the las vegas showgirl look and dances which are now considered "traditional"

they always want to be at powwows, and consider NDNs one in the same as them (especially when they want support on immigration issues) ALL THE WHILE DISRESPECTING OUR FLAG BY PULLING THAT AZTLAN NICAN TLACA BS....always crying how "this was all mexico"....ha...mexico STOLE IT AND SOLD IT...and they didnt even have a good grip in the sw USA anyways on count of getting azzes kicked by tribes and even pirates on a regular basis..they couldt wait to sell it....look at old mexican maps, they called some places apacheria and comancheria, basically a no mans land where their macho mexican army were to scared to go protect their own people

they call indian vets cannon fodder and sellouts.....yet they always want a spot in veterans day powwows and memorial day powwows and want you to share your hot dogs with them on 4th of july...in california i actually seen them in grand entry which is sacrelige in my eyes.....they have NO BUSINESS dancing behind the flag, or behind the eagle staff........if they hate vets so much maybe they should stay home because we sure do alot of honoring of them....i bet it must be torture to them......oh the horror

JUST SAY NO TO AZTEC HOBBYISTS!!!!

so basically, american colonialism is better than mexican colonialism?

nicamarvin 06-09-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1599583)
bring on the red beads my friends....AZTECS are nothing but hobbyists and have no place in powwow due to anti-americanism and MISINFORMATION.....why? lets start with their teachings

Aztlan teachings: these idiots claim the mexica "empire" stretched from the amazon to wyoming...bwahahaha...they actually had very little homelands based around mexico city.....they were hated and constantly at war with neighboring tribes....i dont know a whole lot about mexican tribes but "empire" would have meant that all tribes would regularily pay tributes and allow occupancy....im sure many of them wouldnt have taken that sitting down.....and could you imagine the northern mexiccan tribes and nomadic sothwestern tribes we know of TODAY (yaqui, yuma,ute, apache tribes, comanche,arawak) letting the aztecs off the hook without a fight? get real!!

THE TRUTH about the aztec "WARRIORS"...some warrior culture...bunch of puddy tats...these fearsome wariors let themselves get conquered in less than 3 years...led the spanish straight to the gold, gave up their women, quickly assimilated and then turned on their red brothers (including both of my tribes, who kicked theri azzes) up north and their offspring quickly developed a european way of life....they might as well rename their tribe the SOUTHERN CROW

fast forward to the 60's and the chicano movement....all of a sudden all hese stateside mexicans and chicanos decided they were aztec....funny thing is can any of the trace their roots back? do they know their tribes? their clans? their families? their language? NO....because mexico has a kill em all policy and never stopped to take a census like the US did (not saying USA was any better, just saying they would occasionally stop the genocide and take a census...these mexicans dont know what they are so they all start identifying as aztecs...they dont know their customs so the MAKE EM UP!! and somehow they ended up settling for the las vegas showgirl look and dances which are now considered "traditional"

they always want to be at powwows, and consider NDNs one in the same as them (especially when they want support on immigration issues) ALL THE WHILE DISRESPECTING OUR FLAG BY PULLING THAT AZTLAN NICAN TLACA BS....always crying how "this was all mexico"....ha...mexico STOLE IT AND SOLD IT...and they didnt even have a good grip in the sw USA anyways on count of getting azzes kicked by tribes and even pirates on a regular basis..they couldt wait to sell it....look at old mexican maps, they called some places apacheria and comancheria, basically a no mans land where their macho mexican army were to scared to go protect their own people

they call indian vets cannon fodder and sellouts.....yet they always want a spot in veterans day powwows and memorial day powwows and want you to share your hot dogs with them on 4th of july...in california i actually seen them in grand entry which is sacrelige in my eyes.....they have NO BUSINESS dancing behind the flag, or behind the eagle staff........if they hate vets so much maybe they should stay home because we sure do alot of honoring of them....i bet it must be torture to them......oh the horror

JUST SAY NO TO AZTEC HOBBYISTS!!!!

I suppose you don't believe on the mayan empire either?

wanjica_the_one 06-15-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicamarvin (Post 1600277)
I suppose you don't believe on the mayan empire either?

I don't think the Mayans believed in the "Mayan Empire" either for it is gone and dead like dust in the wind.

milehighsalute 09-05-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits & Beans (Post 1600153)
so basically, american colonialism is better than mexican colonialism?

no i never suggested that

i maintain that mexico is definately not the model of indigenous freedom

but neither are we....this mexica movement has been growing fast over the years....denver always seemed to be a hotbed....so is bay area of cali

these "mexicas" are even involved in AIM.....AIM is really scraping the bottom of the barrel by co-opt ing with them and even making some of them "leaders"...........hell we have a self proclaimed mexican AIMster here in co (pueblo) running around talking that aztlan shyt and being indian one day and proud mexican the next

in a country like mexico who has a worse history of treatment to natives than the US (if you can imagine that) and absolutely no plans to give any natives even a lick of sovereignty or rights (not that we get as many as most non-indians perceive), what is there to be proud of?

and granted most aztlanistas here are typical american chicanos, most dont know nahua or even spanish for that matter, thinbloods at best.....and if they all wanna claim aztec they sure cant tell you which aztec tribe, clan, or even area where they came from

kinda like people tell you they are lakota, but cant tell you which tribe, camp or family they are from....they are just repeating family lore

anyways look at the FB group called "unapologeticly indigenous" and read that crap, not only are these so called mexicas disrespecting vets, spreading racism and selling mis-information they are borrowing medicine wheels, zias, eagle feathers, chanumpas and a whole lot of other imagery associated with real natives (albiet mostly plains) which to me is misappropriation and hobbyism...they even try usurping all the above and attach it to the mexica movement which i consider a HATE GROUP.....read that crap.....when a real native speaks up they shut them down then tell them they are fake and claim that they are the real natives to USA lands.....seriously i would love to spend 5 minutes alone with any of them and beat the hell out of them

or send a bunch of shirtless warriors with sweat glistening from their pecs to come down from winkte hill and embrace them as brothers against their will haha (just kidding.....kinda)

either way the mexica movement has no place in our circles....and you let them stupid "danza" grupos in they hold the door open for those mexicas......you wanna see someone dancing around with stupid looking peacock feathers go see some las vegas showgirls

you may think my words are harsh.....but get to know some of them idiots and you will be singing the same tune

milehighsalute 09-05-2014 12:46 PM

one more thing.....misapropriating

we get pyssed when whites, ethiopians, football team owners, rappers, italian immigrants and celebrities ect ect ect misapropriate us..............why does no one say nothing when these azzwipes are running around not only misapropriating but indoctrinating generations of MISINFORMATION about indian history?

Tecpaocelotl 09-16-2014 01:04 PM

I agree that people who give misinformation need to be checked, but as I stated with you over here:

Mexica Movement

You bunch everyone into one group thus bunching them as a singular belief.

In order to correct this problem, we have to go on a person (or org) at a time.

milehighsalute 09-17-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecpaocelotl (Post 1607376)
I agree that people who give misinformation need to be checked, but as I stated with you over here:

Mexica Movement

You bunch everyone into one group thus bunching them as a singular belief.

In order to correct this problem, we have to go on a person (or org) at a time.

duely noted sir

lets start here

La Voz de Aztlan

Tecpaocelotl 09-17-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1607508)

Weird news source. Had a lot of articles written by white Americans and Puerto Ricans.

So far they have taken everything down so who knows what the new updated site would be.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2006, PowWows.com, LLC