Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree146Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow FAQ's destroying the myth of aztlan and aztec HOBBYISTS destroying the myth of aztlan and aztec HOBBYISTS

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #21
Dances With Fat Chicks

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 27,237.05
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecpaocelotl View Post
Weird news source. Had a lot of articles written by white Americans and Puerto Ricans.

So far they have taken everything down so who knows what the new updated site would be.
the more i been looking into it the more i see what you were saying to me on newagefraud......

the mexica movement, brown beret chicano movement, aztlanisas, danzates, crusade for justice, la mecha (stupid college club) all are different......and they all are on different levels of stupid too, some even dangerous

the only thing they have in common is they believe in and base their ideology ON A MYTH (aztlan)

but it is not uncommon for a la mecha student to be involved in the militant aztlan bullshyt.....and not uncommon for a aztec dancer to be involved either

exception is the cult-like mexica movement......olin like most cult leaders seems to have a pretty good grip on his zombies

what upsets me is how certain AIM factions are in bed with them.....and these movements then use that to legitimize themselves into trying to convince the world that the rest of the native population has their backs...AIM has been scraping the bottom of the barrel for supporters.....even some so called AIM chapter leaders are mexicans with an identity crisis.....i know for a fact they couldnt tell you what tribe they descend from......an i maintain that you dont know where youre going unless you know where you came from

my suggestion is if you know any impressional young natives.....do us all a favor and steer them clear of these people.....they just want to plant their flag on our lives just like any other people we ever dealt with......just because they resemble us dont make them any different
Old 09-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #22
Tiny Tot Dancer

Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond repute
Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,224.37
Chicana/os about reclaiming indigenous heritage have some bad apples that get a lot of attention just like any other group, Mexica Movement of course is sadly the most well known organization about this. But from what I hear it's the sort of thing the young angry and vulnerable with good intentions gets into then either settles down and put those sentiments behind them or they grow past it and move onto become more conscious members of the broader movement. Chicana/os reclaiming indigenous heritage isn't a bad thing if they're respectful about it, and respectful ones are less uncommon than you think, it's just the obnoxious ones get more attention because they're obnoxious.

And Tec is here, hmmm

Last edited by Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA; 09-25-2014 at 11:43 PM..
Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #23
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
yet they STILL misappropriate us and STILL try legitimizing their obnoxiousness with claiming support from real injuns.....

my problem is we jump all over white people, black people and ethiopians or whatever

why are indians so hesitant to call out brown as fakes too?
Old 09-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #24
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51,834.65
I hear what you are saying... and it makes some sense, but if I was to spend my time and energy to stop some type of injustice, this wouldn't be it.

I think I would rather be providing healthcare for NDN's who need it, or castrating pedophiles, or something like that.

You know what I mean?

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #25
Dances With Fat Chicks

then the whole mascot issue should be dropped then......which im fine with KINDA.......as much as has been invested in that issue its too late for indians to turn back now

but i sure as hell aint gonna let the progress of my fellow indians go down the drain just to replace ourselves as mascot to a bunch of dirty mexicans
Old 09-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #26
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Do you really think Mexicans are going to use your people as a mascot?

I have more of a problem with the murderous drug trafficking variety.

Seriously those clowns are even singing stories about their exploits on the radio. It's worse than gangster rap.

Also, of all the Mexicans I know personally including friends and family, I can't think of one of them trying to tout a Native heritage that doesn't actually belong to them.

It just doesn't seem like a real big problem to me.
alumphfres and windanncer like this.

"Show me somethin"
Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #27
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 100,199.91
Savings: 1.00
I'm just wondering why the people who can't speak english have dreamcatchers on their mirrors just like white people?

When you ask them where the dreamcathcer originated, they say "Quien sabe?". lol

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #28
Tiny Tot Dancer

Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond reputeHollywood-NDN -ES/LA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
yet they STILL misappropriate us and STILL try legitimizing their obnoxiousness with claiming support from real injuns.....

my problem is we jump all over white people, black people and ethiopians or whatever

why are indians so hesitant to call out brown as fakes too?
Some of them do indeed misappropriate, and I tend to confront them on that when they do, and often they have good intentions so they'll learn. And there are real Indians that'll support them for various reasons, and as long as intentions are good and you confront ignorance and all that's not a problem. It's good to build bridges, not pretend we're one and the same not let ourselves get stepped on but you know open up dialogues, whatever. We get more people genuinely concerned with native issues that's a good thing, they get into their indigenous heritage they become more sympathetic to indigenous issues up here, I've seen it, not as much from the angry rhetoric spitters, but once they learn more.

And let's not pretend that Mexica Movement and like minded organizations are that powerful. I mean I live in the East LA area, just up the street from those Semillas schools, I've taken a Chicano studies class at East LA college, I've never heard any of this southwest is Aztlan bs, not in person, and not even from the more obnoxious ones I've met on the internet. I've seen that Hunab Ku symbol, I've seen nahuatl graffiti but any real negative impact isn't all that visible in my everyday life.
windanncer, gilisi and koyoteh like this.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #29
Dances With Fat Chicks

they are a little more dangerous than that....ESPECIALLY IN YOUR STATE for some reasons i will PM you about later gilisi...

again my question isnt so much the facts that they are doing all this

my problem is the refusal of indians to not be as angry at them as they are when whites or blacks take their twinkiness to dangerous levels

when the wannabe doesnt look like them they are quick to go off the reservation and wanna scalp someone.......
Old 09-26-2014, 07:14 PM   #30
Pow Wow Committee

Orale

LOL
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
Old 09-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #31
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
I like the dialogue in this thread.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 09-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #32
Dances With Fat Chicks

well i for 1 am tired of pan-indianism being promoted by non-indians and to make it worse we now have pan-meso americanism trying to merge and many of them pushy b*stards start crying about us all being the same then try giving us lessons and try telling us how to be indians.......and other than myself and one other guy i dont see anyone correcting them....i dont see anyone telling them to shut up......i dont see anyone telling them to quit disrespecting vets.....NOTHING..........yet many indians claim to be from warrior cultures

you are brave on the front lines of ted nugent concerts and redskins rallys....you stand up to cops in white clay

yet you dont bat an eye to neo-aztec aztlanista usurpers of native identity.............nor do you think they are a concern......you treat them like a harmless little heritage group like central band of cherokee.......yet these fools managed to get funding to spread their misinformation.....they also wanna replace new colonial borders with old colonial borders and collected alot of militants over the years

dangerous militants........i know......i live in denver....a hotbed of twinkies, AIM, and neo-aztecs......and aint none of them know their azz from a hole in the ground yet they work together and legitimize eachother for reasons i will never know

but soon they will pull us in the mix by proxy when they all start fighting over the front seat of their short bus.......wait and see

where the hell is my red bead?
Old 09-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #33
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
well i for 1 am tired of pan-indianism being promoted by non-indians and to make it worse we now have pan-meso americanism trying to merge and many of them pushy b*stards start crying about us all being the same then try giving us lessons and try telling us how to be indians.......and other than myself and one other guy i dont see anyone correcting them....i dont see anyone telling them to shut up......i dont see anyone telling them to quit disrespecting vets.....NOTHING..........yet many indians claim to be from warrior cultures

you are brave on the front lines of ted nugent concerts and redskins rallys....you stand up to cops in white clay

yet you dont bat an eye to neo-aztec aztlanista usurpers of native identity.............nor do you think they are a concern......you treat them like a harmless little heritage group like central band of cherokee.......yet these fools managed to get funding to spread their misinformation.....they also wanna replace new colonial borders with old colonial borders and collected alot of militants over the years

dangerous militants........i know......i live in denver....a hotbed of twinkies, AIM, and neo-aztecs......and aint none of them know their azz from a hole in the ground yet they work together and legitimize eachother for reasons i will never know

but soon they will pull us in the mix by proxy when they all start fighting over the front seat of their short bus.......wait and see

Oh I've seen both Indians and Chicanos confronting Chicanos on that sort of stuff. Not always very hostile but it doesn't need to be, plenty got good intentions just need to be called in instead of called out. You also seem to be making broad sweeping statements about them when even a grouping as obscure as theirs has different ideological factions and organizations.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #34
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:

If they ride the short bus do they have to wear those azzhats you were talking about?

LOL
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"

Last edited by gilisi; 09-28-2014 at 05:45 AM..
Old 09-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA View Post
Oh I've seen both Indians and Chicanos confronting Chicanos on that sort of stuff. Not always very hostile but it doesn't need to be, plenty got good intentions just need to be called in instead of called out. You also seem to be making broad sweeping statements about them when even a grouping as obscure as theirs has different ideological factions and organizations.
https://www.facebook.com/unapologeticallyindigenous

ok....reason with these guys
Old 09-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #36
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
So about 25 years ago, a group was walking somewhere in Mexico City. Two grandmothers cornered the Printup boys and started talking Spanish to them. Poor boys didn't know what to do?

So now. The old grandmas thought these boys were one of them. The face of the old ones was the same as the face of the new ones.

How do you differentiate?
windanncer, Itzhecatl and gilisi like this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 09-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #37
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Do you really think Mexicans are going to use your people as a mascot?

I have more of a problem with the murderous drug trafficking variety.

Seriously those clowns are even singing stories about their exploits on the radio. It's worse than gangster rap.

Also, of all the Mexicans I know personally including friends and family, I can't think of one of them trying to tout a Native heritage that doesn't actually belong to them.

It just doesn't seem like a real big problem to me.
are you speaking of narco corrido stuff?

if we dont keep these people away from our youth we are gonna have narco round dance songs in 15yrs
Old 09-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #38
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Heh, I saw a fb friend of mine already doing it some :p

And going on their pages without actually being a member of the community can get you dogpiled on, better to do it on more neutral ground, like a facebook group I'm a member of that allows critical discussion.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #39
Dances With Fat Chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood-NDN -ES/LA View Post
Heh, I saw a fb friend of mine already doing it some :p

And going on their pages without actually being a member of the community can get you dogpiled on, better to do it on more neutral ground, like a facebook group I'm a member of that allows critical discussion.
yeah i had dissected their views....told them the problems with it, they deleted my comments, banned me, called me a sellout and an apple....then dleted whole threads and banned other people who said i was right and thier points were stupid...that was the "unapologetically indigenous" page

funny.....that "wasichu studies" guy is mex guy....has his own page of misinformation and hate

how about that "wasichu butcher" guy....another mexican who uses north american imagery to promote his ignorance and mexican nationalism
windanncer and gilisi like this.

Last edited by milehighsalute; 09-28-2014 at 11:43 PM..
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #40
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
are you speaking of narco corrido stuff?

if we dont keep these people away from our youth we are gonna have narco round dance songs in 15yrs
Yeah. I like Nortena music on occasion, but I'm done with the radio because every other song these days is that kind of crap.

narco round dance?.... that's a nightmare
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
Sponsored Links