Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree146Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow FAQ's destroying the myth of aztlan and aztec HOBBYISTS destroying the myth of aztlan and aztec HOBBYISTS

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #101
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,239.98
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyoteh View Post
just playing around with you. cause thats all i see you doing here. playhin around. not saying anything. just name calling.

i can't really comment or respond to name calling or putdowns. doesn't really give me anything to talk about.

name calling smakc talking is fine in the streets to rile someone up to throw the first punch but this aint the streets. and if someone does throw a punch are ya gonna fight back or just continue the smack talk?
at least the others have begun to actually talk even though its still off topic.
they have interesting things to say even if i disagree with them .

you , ehhh, haven't said anything.

but if you wanna continue to play i guess i will play.
You haven't paid attention to what I have said, and more importantly, you haven't paid attention to what @Joe's Dad has said. Play all you want.

Who wanted to destroy myths to begin with? eh? do you even know?
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #102
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
just playing around with you. cause thats all i see you doing here. playhin around. not saying anything. just name calling.

i can't really comment or respond to name calling or putdowns. doesn't really give me anything to talk about.

name calling smakc talking is fine in the streets to rile someone up to throw the first punch but this aint the streets. and if someone does throw a punch are ya gonna fight back or just continue the smack talk?
at least the others have begun to actually talk even though its still off topic.
they have interesting things to say even if i disagree with them .

you , ehhh, haven't said anything.

but if you wanna continue to play i guess i will play.
that's too bad hijo de su madre
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-03-2014, 06:13 AM   #103
Junior Dancer

koyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scale
Credits: 570.41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
My turn to ask questions then...

Have you ever worked side by side with indocumented Mexicans?

How many days have you gone without running water?

without food?

Have you ever shed blood over these issues?

Have you ever been detained simply for being racially profiled?

Have you suffered alongside these innocents you claim to defend?

I want to see your regalia.. really show us some pics

I'm interested
ahh finally.

now i can say something. and what i have to say is this.

what does this have anythign to do with the topic of this thread?
destroying the aztlan myth?

everything i have said so far is in response to what people been telling me and asking me.

but i guess i can answer some even if its off topic. don't know why you wont' talk about the topic.

yes i have worked side by side with undocumented. marched with them. helped to promote their rights by guarding those fighitng for their rights. HELPED that means therer were others too.
what this got to do with aztlan myth?

i been lucky enough not have had to go without running water. but i mean lucky. barely pulling through. yes i know many do not have this. so i am lucky. but i was born in the city. i didn't ask to be here in this system of things. but again nothing to do with the topic.

shed blood? not me. others i know have. me things worked out smoothly in my time where no blood was spilled. i credit this to people getting along and uniting and working together constructively and strategically. I did my best to make sure no blood was ever spilled. and so did others. worked out fine.

been detained? from racial profiling? well thats vague. IF you mean at the border or ice raids and that no. but racial profiling and beeing detained yes. been fired for it too.
but again, nothing to do with aztlan story.

suffered alongside them? in what manner? i didn't live with them in the same room if thats what you mean.

defending them does not imply living with them or suffering with them.
they have their world of suffering and i have mine. and suffering is nothing to be proud of.
if you are talking about the undocumented, they are only ONE group of people that were helped. and my help was limited to guarding simply cause i don't speak spanish. The other did more. I was limited in what i could do to help.
doesn't have anything to do with destroying aztec myths though.

you want to see pics. uh no.

what am i supposed to say now? I show you mine if you show me yours?

perv. lol. i don't dance anymore anyhow. only on special occasions. like the other day a bro died and we danced for him. but other than that its been years. I got a gut now and my capitan called me chubby. of which i am not, but my gut showed a little. regalie shrunk i think.
koyoteh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #104
Junior Dancer

koyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scalekoyoteh is off the scale
Quote:
that's too bad hijo de su madre
lol. yes i am my mothers son. my dads too.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #105
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
This thread is full of misinformation.
WHat is valid is the anger that some feel when they hear this misinformation.
The listeners do not necessarily know how to filter what they hear, they don't know the history of other nations, and they don't know about all the sub groups that branched off because of it.

THey are unknowing and refuse to admit that they just don't know.

all they would have to do is ask questions about how things developeed to be the way they are now. For other nations AND their own nations.

But instead they jump on the anti mexican bandwagon of U.S. Patriots and Freemasons and create hate pages on FB and block everyone who shows them facts of history they never learned about.
It does'nt seem they want to know.
So this was your first response to this thread... what does THIS have to do with destroying the myth?

AGAIN

You came here not only stating that EVERYONE on this thread doesn't know what they are saying, but that, I REPEAT,

we don't know our own history.

If you have such a problem with name calling...go to church... they have good manners in there sometimes
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #106
Junior Dancer

Quote:
You haven't paid attention to what I have said, and more importantly, you haven't paid attention to what @Joe's Dad has said. Play all you want.

Who wanted to destroy myths to begin with? eh? do you even know?
good one! yes its easy to forget who wrote what.

yeah i know who wrote the intitial thread. and me and him still have our disagreement but he has not bashed on me.

i have agreeed with him on some things and disagreed on others.

i posted my story , got a backlash. but at least with the original poster came to an udnerstanding even if we still disagree.

but if everyone else wants to name call and bash, well, what does one do?
everyone had questions for me and i answered . Its okay if a person doesn't like my answers, but i was asked.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #107
Junior Dancer

Quote:
So this was your first response to this thread... what does THIS have to do with destroying the myth?

AGAIN

You came here not only stating that EVERYONE on this thread doesn't know what they are saying, but that, I REPEAT,

If you have such a problem with name calling...go to church... they have good manners in there sometimes
only problem i have with name calling is that it should be used correctly. and name calling on the internet is doesn't say antyhing so is a waste of time.

at least some name calling can lead to wrestling match on the grass. but here? for what purpose?

makes the name caller look scared cause they behind a computer.

**** you could be 300 pounds of muscle, why bother name calling behind a computer? i could be ten pounds of bone. name calling ? 'c mooooooonnnnnnnn
Old 10-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #108
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
good one! yes its easy to forget who wrote what.

yeah i know who wrote the intitial thread. and me and him still have our disagreement but he has not bashed on me.

i have agreeed with him on some things and disagreed on others.

i posted my story , got a backlash. but at least with the original poster came to an udnerstanding even if we still disagree.

but if everyone else wants to name call and bash, well, what does one do?
everyone had questions for me and i answered . Its okay if a person doesn't like my answers, but i was asked.
Not everyone had questions if you read back, many were insulted by your initial tone.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #109
Junior Dancer

Quote:

AGAIN

a lot of people don't know their own history.

then again, i guess that where i say that some peoples statements are vague, this would be where i was vague.

i include ALL INDIGENOUS PEOPLES HISTORY as OUR history. Not just the history of one tribe.

with that i do not mean we are all the same exactly. Only all the same race. all the same original inhabitants from the tip of north america to the tip of south america.

i do believe in sovereignty and privacy and cultural pride in ones own tribe, but i also believe in UNITY . some don't want unity though .
but some do.

anyhow we all share a history together even if we are of different tribes and have different ways.

so yeah, my bad for being vague on that part.

and with that, yeah, none of us know all our indigenous history completely. we are all still learning about each other and for time being having too much culture clash.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #110
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
only problem i have with name calling is that it should be used correctly. and name calling on the internet is doesn't say antyhing so is a waste of time.

at least some name calling can lead to wrestling match on the grass. but here? for what purpose?

makes the name caller look scared cause they behind a computer.

**** you could be 300 pounds of muscle, why bother name calling behind a computer? i could be ten pounds of bone. name calling ? 'c mooooooonnnnnnnn
Right backatcha homeboy...

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #111
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Not everyone had questions if you read back, many were insulted by your initial tone.
like you said to me 'go to church'

however, there was no tone.

the tone was assumed. I wrote coldly. no tone. but its easy to hear a negative tone after hearing mexica nazis using negative tones all over the net.

i know you guys were checking me out.

anyhow, tones are hard to read in writings. theres no body language, no voice sounds, no eye contact.

it would be easy to think i was having a bad tone.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #112
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
a lot of people don't know their own history.

then again, i guess that where i say that some peoples statements are vague, this would be where i was vague.

i include ALL INDIGENOUS PEOPLES HISTORY as OUR history. Not just the history of one tribe.

with that i do not mean we are all the same exactly. Only all the same race. all the same original inhabitants from the tip of north america to the tip of south america.

i do believe in sovereignty and privacy and cultural pride in ones own tribe, but i also believe in UNITY . some don't want unity though .
but some do.

anyhow we all share a history together even if we are of different tribes and have different ways.

so yeah, my bad for being vague on that part.

and with that, yeah, none of us know all our indigenous history completely. we are all still learning about each other and for time being having too much culture clash.
I don't necessarily agree with all of this, but if you had started your response in this manner, I wouldn't resort to name calling LOL.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #113
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
like you said to me 'go to church'

however, there was no tone.

the tone was assumed. I wrote coldly. no tone. but its easy to hear a negative tone after hearing mexica nazis using negative tones all over the net.

i know you guys were checking me out.

anyhow, tones are hard to read in writings. theres no body language, no voice sounds, no eye contact.

it would be easy to think i was having a bad tone.
To clarify...by tone I am referring to the fact that you suggest we don't know our own histories...You accused us of lumping all mexicans on the same big bad bandwagon, but if you had read, many of us didn't do that.

"Show me somethin"
Old 10-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #114
Junior Dancer

"all they would have to do is ask questions about how things developeed to be the way they are now. For other nations AND their own nations."

if you mean this , this speaks of development. says it right there.

but again its vague.

this time intentionally. i mention gangs developing later down the lines.
i talked about columbus and cortes developing blueprints and strategems for enslaving the people and taking the land.

i talk about poverty, crime , drugs, gangs.

the history and developments are not just about one people and every body own people only. Its all related. Its all the same process.
if you look at the first tribes that were hit, you can predict how the last tribe to be hit will turn out if they do not take preventive measure from learning about the first tribe experiences and where they are today.

but the old grudges, govt politics, made up borders, language barriers, hype, all that keeps natives from looking at these things.

again not all. there are some that do look past the old grudges and take these factors into account.

again we don't know each other, so all this is about seeing who we all are.

and what do we mean by this and that.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #115
Junior Dancer

i talk about development processes for this reason.

gangs.
but also , all this stuff also developed groups like mexica movement . and that developed people bashing on each others tribes and cultures.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #116
Pow Wow Committee

Quote:
"all they would have to do is ask questions about how things developeed to be the way they are now. For other nations AND their own nations."

if you mean this , this speaks of development. says it right there.

but again its vague.

this time intentionally. i mention gangs developing later down the lines.
i talked about columbus and cortes developing blueprints and strategems for enslaving the people and taking the land.

i talk about poverty, crime , drugs, gangs.

the history and developments are not just about one people and every body own people only. Its all related. Its all the same process.
if you look at the first tribes that were hit, you can predict how the last tribe to be hit will turn out if they do not take preventive measure from learning about the first tribe experiences and where they are today.

but the old grudges, govt politics, made up borders, language barriers, hype, all that keeps natives from looking at these things.

again not all. there are some that do look past the old grudges and take these factors into account.

again we don't know each other, so all this is about seeing who we all are.

and what do we mean by this and that.
For me, what you said and the way you said it, it was as though someone came yelling at me what time of day it was.....not knowing I had just looked at my watch

Granted, everyone is going to have a different perception, like looking into a house through different windows, but to me, approach is important.

"Show me somethin"

Last edited by gilisi; 10-03-2014 at 06:54 AM..
Old 10-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #117
Junior Dancer

Quote:
For me, what you said and the way you said it, it was as though someone came yelling at me what time of day it was.....not knowing I had just looked at my watch
heheh. understood.
at least i did not use all caps.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #118
Junior Dancer

also , to be fair. some of what is in this thread, not by just me, is stuff that carried over from other sites.

ssome of same people. don't know maybe you are on those other sites too. i don't know. havent' ran into your name.

but that might be why some things sounded off or with a 'tone'.

this thread is in other sites too. also threads get all criss crossed sometimes. maybe that was a part of it.

Last edited by koyoteh; 10-03-2014 at 06:57 AM..
Old 10-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #119
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Quote:
To clarify...by tone I am referring to the fact that you suggest we don't know our own histories...You accused us of lumping all mexicans on the same big bad bandwagon, but if you had read, many of us didn't do that.
true.....some of my fellow natives checked me for it initially

many also did not know mexican nazi-ism existed....until i messaged some of them and directed them straight to it

but as you mentioned koyoteh, you and i did somewhat come to an understanding....

and that understanding is that the circles you travel are just as diverse as ours.......and not everyone is a neo-nazi mexican......and i thank you for that..........i was ready to change my political party to re-publican or national socialist party and push for the wall to be built

many here on powwows.com probably have no idea what the hell any of us are talking about unless they live in the southwest
gilisi likes this.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #120
Junior Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
true.....some of my fellow natives checked me for it initially

many also did not know mexican nazi-ism existed....until i messaged some of them and directed them straight to it

but as you mentioned koyoteh, you and i did somewhat come to an understanding....

and that understanding is that the circles you travel are just as diverse as ours.......and not everyone is a neo-nazi mexican......and i thank you for that..........i was ready to change my political party to re-publican or national socialist party and push for the wall to be built

many here on powwows.com probably have no idea what the hell any of us are talking about unless they live in the southwest

yes they don't . well there are probably a couple . not sure who is who.
some fb people like myself use same names or similar names when going to other sites. but some don't .

yeah man. mexica - nazis! seig heil! lol.

i remember before mexica-nazis there were super chicanos, and super injuns .
and ay, today i just found out that that word 'hobbyist' which makes a lot of us mad, i just found out that there are actual Hobbyist Groups out there. SHOOOOOT. I did not know this ANd if others knew this, i think their reactions would change.

Texas Indian Hobbyists? HUH? see now i am getting it. Never heard of this kind of stuff before.

yeah man. thanks for not giving up, quitting, and staying patient.

i checked out your fb profile, yeah had to didn't know ya back then, and i can see where the discipline comes from.
Sponsored Links