Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow FAQ's During powwow During powwow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2003, 10:48 AM   #21
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
Savings: 0.00
Yes, I have photos, will get them this weekend and load them next week, if I don't get sidetracked again!!!

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-25-2003, 03:47 PM   #22
hidatsawmn26

tons of things...hanging out with friedns, eating,sleeping or cruising around vendor area..
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2003, 06:16 AM   #23
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Hey there "ron red eagle" , I got side tracked last night, going home I got a buck, 275 pounds and I ended up cutting meat for 3 1/2 hours last night. I was too tired to even think of eating supper. That makes two in the freezer. It got both back legs broken by a rig and the police arrived just as I was pulling it off the middle of the centre line of the highway, they actually stopped and lifted it into the back of the truck for me. With both back legs broken all I did was slip a plastic bag over its nose to suffocate it. So there was no noisy kill. The trucker felt bad about it though. No one even voiced a complaint that I was taking it.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:05 AM   #24
a Peace of.........

Peacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond reputePeacekeeper83 has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just where the southern plains end...and the hill country begin...
Credits: 0.00
Socializing....checking out the booths...hitting the concessions...socializing somemore...lil flirting...its an endless cycle...LOL...
Peacekeeper83 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2003, 10:13 AM   #25
Champion Dancer

ron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew
Hey there "ron red eagle" , I got side tracked last night, going home I got a buck, 275 pounds and I ended up cutting meat for 3 1/2 hours last night. I was too tired to even think of eating supper. That makes two in the freezer. It got both back legs broken by a rig and the police arrived just as I was pulling it off the middle of the centre line of the highway, they actually stopped and lifted it into the back of the truck for me. With both back legs broken all I did was slip a plastic bag over its nose to suffocate it. So there was no noisy kill. The trucker felt bad about it though. No one even voiced a complaint that I was taking it.
Holy Chit!!!! Way to go, nice Buck!!! and is all good ;) it's not like that happens all the time.

When you can, no big rush :)

Thanks though for the update and congrats again!!!
ron red eagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2003, 10:58 AM   #26
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Thanks, that was actually the third on this year, in a two week period. They are nuts this year, the ditches are full of them in the morning while they are eating and mating. I see an average of 7 or more on the way to work at 5:00 am and that would be a poor low count day. But I am so darn tired today, need a long snoooooooooze tonite to catch up on energy.

That liver sure will taste good!!!

And when I get to my house this weekend, I will scan some pics for you and bring them to work here and send them to the vine.

Old 11-26-2003, 11:03 AM   #27
Champion Dancer

ron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond reputeron red eagle has a reputation beyond repute
May have to order some of dem dar bones from you then as well *grins* could use a full rib cage for a breast plate ;) It's gonna be a full sized breast plate.

Gimme a price + shipping. Here in Tenn we have dear, but them sumbeachs are smart as a whip!!
Old 11-26-2003, 11:08 AM   #28
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
You can have two moose rib cages from me, they are bird food outside, all last year after I hung them in a tree they were visited from all kinds of birds. From eagles to crows ravens and wood peckers, they all came and fought over the meat left on the ribs.

I was going to use them but changed my mind so if you want them they are yours.

Old 11-26-2003, 11:13 AM   #29
Champion Dancer

Just sentcha a PM, hope ya dont mind.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:35 PM   #30
Champion Dancer

*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute*-merk-* has a reputation beyond repute
wow. i thought I was the only one that sat around N watched (hence my username hehe). Nah, I walk around, check out booths, watch the dancing, do some backup singing now N then, ummm... take pics, eat, and enjoy listening to the drums. :)
*-merk-* is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2003, 04:35 PM   #31
woohooo!! yeah!!

step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
step_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond reputestep_2_da_side has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Has anyone posted from the Crow Rez yet? I figured they'd put "we kick back at our campsites after the parade and um...enjoy the teepee scenery ;)" I usually listen to da drums, watch the dancin and if I'm that bored, I'll go around and check out the booths. I like to watch the other categories tho :)
step_2_da_side is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-06-2003, 12:20 AM   #32
Junior Dancer

amo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant future
When I am not dancing

I like to rest, watch other dancers...dancing styles, eat, wait for my time to dance, watch other dancers on the floor, and visit the stands (ect....beadwork other).
amo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2003, 12:14 PM   #33
fancy feather dancer

robby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond reputerobby has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 94.00
Savings: 1.00
slack time

catch up on sleep missed while 49'in:Chatter
robby is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2003, 05:08 PM   #34
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
I like to visit but I don't run around too much as my beadwork is really heavy, usually I sit still a lot, unless there's an intertribal then I'm out there dancing. If I know it's a long break then I try to rest and get something to eat. Also rebraid my hair and freshen up. Sometimes I videotape so I can see how I dance as well as the other ladies, also gives me a chance to see where I need to improve myself. Nice to bring videos home to watch with the family too, my mom sure enjoys watching them.
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2003, 05:40 PM   #35
Its qooo man!

NAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond reputeNAPEW has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by TxGourdDancer
Socializing....checking out the booths...hitting the concessions...socializing somemore...lil flirting...its an endless cycle...LOL...
a endless awesome cycle that I don't have a problem filling.
NAPEW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #36
plains n8tv

tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
tradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond reputetradish_wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
I watch the dancer, visit with relatives, catch up on gossip, go back to camp and play catch with my nephews :ball1: , check out the stands and OF COURSE, go check out the singers, see who has the best "voice" and hair.:D gotta lubb dem singers:Angel2

...never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups...

If quizzes are "quizical"...What are tests?
tradish_wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2003, 06:08 PM   #37
Eastern Blanket Dancer

Items Treasure Chest
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.75
Savings: 1.00
i tend to plant my butt someplace and watch the other dancers. sometimes i will do some shopping, at least check out the vendors.

bahnisiain is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2003, 06:08 PM   #38
PowWows.com Addicts

ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaysweetie has a reputation beyond repute
was actually nice in spite of the itchy feet I got, to just sit back and spectate with my honeybuns at a few pow wows. Nice!

ojibwaysweetie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2003, 01:26 AM   #39
Junior Dancer

amo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant futureamo has a brilliant future
aanin

Fancy shawl is pretty good competition. I like to watch her too.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2003, 10:32 PM   #40
Junior Dancer

EducatedNdN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tahemet
Snaggin! aiyeezzzzzzz j/k:P
j/k? That's your only answer to this thread so I hardly think you are j/k. As with most women and men at the powwows SNAGGIN is what these socials are all about. The champions grinning ear to ear with their I can't be beat attitude and the admirers of the champions right on the moccassined heels hoping for something. Snaggin NdN's at a powwow and during a powwow is what everyone looks for. Nothing to say j/k over. Tell your next SNAG that see what he/she has to say to that.
Sponsored Links