Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow FAQ's Family Members that DONT pow-wow Family Members that DONT pow-wow

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2003, 01:32 AM   #1
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
theepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond reputetheepowwowchic49 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking Family Members that DONT pow-wow

I have this one cousin that asked me if I wanted to go down to Cali thisweekend for one of their pow wows. But the thing is the girl dont pow wow at all. So she sits and talks real loud asking questions here and there and I want to tell her cousin shut up already and just watch I will explain latre.

Does any one else have family like this or am I the only one blessed with such family?

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:
theepowwowchic49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2003, 01:48 AM   #2
StrongWillowsSister

WolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond repute
try this ..before you get to the pow wow let her know that the loud talking an stuff is not gonna wash this time an that if she has any questions to ask you away from the area you are in . Or explain things to her before hand .
I have 3 family memebers that I am still trying to teach the pow wow ways to .. all you can do is guide them an if that isnt working then tell them you gotta wash your hair that day...LOL .no easy way around it just tell them they need to watch an learn straight up simple truth ..even if it hurts you are now her teacher like it or not ...LOL ...Good Luck! keep us posted.
WolfTears is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2003, 08:51 AM   #3
Junior Dancer

OILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond reputeOILCAN has a reputation beyond repute
I think that pretty much my whole Rez doesnt know what a powwow is.

Me and my bros drum are the only ones who travel to em.

We show up at a social event here and they just give us a blank stare when we sing our songs. I guess we just blow em away with our heaviness. :p
OILCAN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2003, 10:01 AM   #4
Tiny Tot Dancer

Ulinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond reputeUlinawi has a reputation beyond repute
Angry me too...

no one else in my family powwows, they will come and support me when I'm dancing though, if I am in the area.

:dontknow:
Old 09-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #5
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
Savings: 1.00
mine dont either...but they dont ask question they just sit and watch lookin all innocent in the corner. :D

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2003, 10:29 AM   #6
Jingle Dancer

softwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond repute
softwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond reputesoftwind has a reputation beyond repute
I have a sister who is a Jehovah's Witness and she will not let her children dance at Pow-Wow's her explenation is she thinks it's aginst her religion, and I feel so sorry for the kids because they LOVE it. Some times when they are at my house I see my neice admiring my daughters outfits and she will start jingle dancing around the house. And I can tell by her steps she was born to jingle dance. Also, back when they lost their dad and I was keeping them for a while, I would take them with me to do shows at school's and I could tell that it made them so proud to go with me. I would let them help me carry in my stuff and just them being seen carrying in all my stuff made them feel so proud of who they are. I really feel as they get older and are able to express how they feel to their mom things will change for them. I can not wait for that day, it will be a day to remember when they can go with me to Pow-Wow's and learn of them selves.

Like the old saying goes ( how do know where you are going if you don't know where you've been?)

If you will pray that their mom's eyes to be opened to what she is depriving them of.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:11 PM   #7
Tiny Tot Dancer

dine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond reputedine_darling has a reputation beyond repute
I'm one of these who ask lots of questions. I hope I don't embarass my friends when I ask I don't want to burden them. I don't know powwow customs but my kids love going so we go when we can. My kids ask me and my husband things and we don't know either so who do we ask?
dine_darling is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2003, 10:42 PM   #8
LumbeeTurtle

im the only one who dances at powwows. the older generation goes and watches, the newer ones go to socialize mostly, but since i started dancin they started payin attention to the arena. I mean i understand the social thang cuz hey i did/do it) i dontmind answering their questions -cuz when they learn mor they understand better and enjoy it more. plus since i am a new dancer and dont have any relatives to ask about dancing i ask other dancers for help or just watch- i catch on pretty quick.

the thing about religion-- hmmm... -- anyways i would have to disagree with ur sister. im a baptist and this is how i view everything. my faith is in God and the Bible, but i respect the beliefs of my ancestors and honor them that way ie. taking care of feathers, and just becomming aware of traditions and beliefs.

that was a lot
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2003, 05:36 AM   #9
Tiny Tot Dancer

49singer is an unknown quantity at this point
If you don't ask questions, how will you ever learn? I agree, there is a time and place to ask certain questions. But, if the question is not offensive, it shouldn't matter when it is asked. Just my 2
49singer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-2003, 09:20 AM   #10
NDNBUNZ

Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
Jibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond reputeJibby™ has a reputation beyond repute
None of my family powwows. I mean, they might go to one if it is in the area or whatever, but they aren't committed. Thatd oesn't mean that they do not know anything about our culture. Powwow is just one aspect.

softwind: I literally got goosbumps from your post. I find it atrocious that your sister/sister-in-law keeps our culture from her children. ESPECIALLY cuz it has to do with Christianity. Another reason that this Ojib can't stand the religion As soon as those kids are old enough, they will able to make the choice themselves. Just make sure you are there to support and guide them. I can't imagine not being able to rejoice in the splendor of our teachings.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:28 PM   #11
cool...calm...collected

bushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
bushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond reputebushy_braids has a reputation beyond repute
don't be ashamed...

as mentioned... the only way ur gonna learn is if u ask questions. and of course if you sit & look on... then you'll kinda get the drift.

i agree w/jibbs...pw is just one aspect in the whole realm of what our culture has to offer... also, some tribes/people just aren't pw people, it's not what they participate in. esp. within the sw tribes, i'm learning that a number of my friends know pw, but don't KNOW pw... it's all a learning experience!
i mean, i'm still learning as i go along to and i'm not ashamed to ask questions, esp. from the elders and definitely from other participants. cause i wanna know all that i'm participating in & representing.
my fam is very involved in pw's... from the lil' ones to the elders... i was raised @ pw's and many nights my crib was merely a blanket layed out for me snooze with the drum bein'my lullaby..haha... (how poetic)
and now there's nothing i enjoy more than dancing and representing... i am incredibly thankful and greatful that i know the dances, dress & songs of my tribe cause i can still represent out there in the circle and onlookers know who/what i'm reppin'

what you might wanna do for next time is just buy her a program! you know it always tells fairly accurately what the dances are and origin stories & such, so that'll save you a buncha questions. also... just pay attention to the mc... he's always tellin history too... each pw i've been to has been a learning experience! good luck & enjoy the next!
Old 09-25-2003, 01:21 PM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
I'm not the only one in my family that powwows. One of my family members is a whipman for our community powwow and some of my family also dances. Some of my family members are really into our traditional beliefs and some are not. Mostly all of the little ones in our family are dancing in the circle. My granddaughter is the youngest to be in the circle and we will have her joining in ceremony whenever she is ready to be out there on her own. I know I am blessed with my family. :Angel2

Last edited by Kakeeya; 09-30-2003 at 08:09 PM..
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2003, 12:13 AM   #13
Junior Dancer

HarleyHunk is on a distinguished road
I never got into that scene but I'll check it out if my family invites me.
Even then I'll check it out for a hour or so then dart.
Theres some chrome looking dancers and my lady always finds something to hit me up to buy.
HarleyHunk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2003, 03:57 PM   #14
Pork chopsh n appleshaush

Dezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by HarleyHunk
I never got into that scene but I'll check it out if my family invites me.
Even then I'll check it out for a hour or so then dart.
Theres some chrome looking dancers and my lady always finds something to hit me up to buy.
Uuh-umh...don't you mean to say you "sometimes" check it out if family invites you....(cough-cough)......

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:
Dezgn8veDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2003, 08:50 PM   #15
Champion Dancer

true_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond reputetrue_native has a reputation beyond repute
Well, myself and three of my sisters pow-wow, but just me and one of my sisters dance anymore.....the other 2 quit dancing.....we were practically raised at powwows LOL....but um, yeah...most of my family go to celebrations to play stick game....they are gamblers!!!! I have tons of cuzzins that powwow.... and I think that it is something else that someone won't let their kids powwow because of their religion....not my place to say ....but those of you that know me.....know that i'm gonna say something.....LOL....I think that being who you are and where your roots are should come before religion....to be spirtitually grounded comes way before being reliougiosly righteous!!! but that would be a whole different thread! I say powwow til you can't pow wow no more!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 05:29 AM   #16
Powwow Chair Carrier

uw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond reputeuw_n8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Location: Oregon State University for School, Yakama Rez is home
Credits: 958.69
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_native
I think that being who you are and where your roots are should come before religion....to be spirtitually grounded comes way before being reliougiosly righteous!!! but that would be a whole different thread! I say powwow til you can't pow wow no more!!!
in my family...half my family powwows

everyone on my mom's side powwows
mostly everyone on my dad's side doesn't powwow

mostly everyone on my dad's side is shaker n' people that are shakers don't really powwow...but my dad's side is extremely knowledgable about yakama culture n' most speak our language n' all that.

so my main point was that - even though somebody may choose religion over powwow..doesn't mean they're not being "true to their roots"...'ja know?

My Website
uw_n8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2004, 11:30 AM   #17
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
I have been going for years. Longer than some of you kids have been living. I met my wife there.

Both of us have many family members that don't powwow. That's cool with me. People don't have to go to powwows to be Indian. Us powwowers are no better than them. The thing is to respect each person as individual and live and let live.

If someone wants to understand of what we do and possibly want to do something like dance or sing, I try to help. I do not actively go out recruiting people.

As much as I would love to dance with my brothers, I don't think that will happen. They are both older than me. One does dance, intertribally, without an outfit. He loves it. My other brother just loves to hunt and he's good at it. They have their own way of practicing our culture.

Powwowing is not the end-all of Native culture. It's only a part. Mii-owh.
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #18
Kootsaakiiyi'taa

Soohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond reputeSoohkiisimsstaan has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Right on True-Native! The neat thing about pow-wows in your area--they always seem to have stick game contests goin' on--like at Wellpinit over Labor Day.

I'm the only one in my family, too. Different strokes for different folks!
Soohkiisimsstaan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2004, 04:39 PM   #19
Choc-lack-chick!

Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Homalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond reputeHomalosa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 535.92
I used to be the only one who powwows in my family for years. My mother in law would come, but just to shop. Wouldn't see her until the Eagle Staff and colors were retired! (LOL). Now my mom comes and what's cool is that she asked all her questions at home and I told her to sit, listen to the MC, watch the AD, and then ask her questions. Usually she doesn't have to ask because she figures things out. If I'm in the arena, she'll ask one of the grandmas or grandpas we sit with and they are happy to answer her questions.

oh and Jibby, you know I don't defend my Jesus, but Jehovah's Witness don't celebrate culture at all. They don't even celebrate holidays and birthdays! But I did meet a Navajo pastor once who said he was taught and taught his parishoners that powwows weren't of God. Then he began to notice his congregation getting smaller and smaller. He prayed and asked the Lord what was happening and he says the Lord told him, "you ran them away with your lies. Go back to the powwow, make it right with them, and tell them that I love you and them for who you are." Since then his church is overflowing. He has early service on Sunday so folks can make grand entry on time. Even has night service at some powwows after it's over on Sunday. He joked and said, "this is a different kind of 49."

Still, your point is way valid, to deny anyone their culture behind religion is to say that whoever Creator is made a mistake by making them Indian!
Homalosa is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #20
Senior Dancer

shorty has a reputation beyond repute
shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 80.00
Arrow

wasnt the family it was the friend i brang with all the ppl in my family dance my parents are getting older now they spend their time not going to powwows but they let us go back in the day they used to drag us to all the powwows im not sure if we really appreiciated it but we do know cas now we get to all over and know i drag my nephews with me to them and they really love it prob not as much as running with their frenz once we get their but they do love to dance :) then i went with a my friend who moved up from cali and she spent her time making fun of it i didnt understand that but shes from the islands and she just didnt understand so i dont think ill be bringing her with me anymore it wasnt just the questions it was the way she acted she kept making fun of the regalia it was very uncomftorable ~i will just stick with the family and nephews!!plus i let her wear one of my dresses and she ended up reacking it she acturally went swimming with my beaded barrett and my jingle dress on?? i was a lil upset i thaught who in the world would do this but she really just didnt understand yeesh
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links