Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow FAQ's Hi There... Hi There...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:58 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
R0SIE is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Smile Hi There...

Hi, I am Rosie and new to Pow Wow. I am wasn't raised with the opportunity to know about my heritage due to location and etc. My uncle is the one who back tracked our history and took the steps in learning about who we were. I bugged him to tell me about it... but living in Northern California, I didn't get much of a change to experience anything. When he had his bike accident, my daughter and I went to Arizona to help him. While there, my daughter and I were invited to do our first sweat. It was an experience I will never forget. Since then my uncle has passed away... and I was left back where I started, back in California and knowing nothing. Anyway... I'm here out of curiousity... and thought I would introduce myself... Hi I'm Rosie...

Last edited by R0SIE; 02-09-2005 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: typo
R0SIE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Banned

AngieBuns is a glorious beacon of light
Hello, welcome to the board! Hope all goes well for you, BTW nice hair ;)
AngieBuns is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Smile

Thank you for the welcome I look forward to hanging out here on the boards, and for the compliment of my hair... :o)
Old 02-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
Savings: 1.00
Welcome aboard!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 121,060.76
Can you come out and play? Just kidding!

Take your time and look around. Hope you find some of the answers you're looking for.

BTW.... Like your interests!!

<----Joe

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Thank you for the welcome Furiously-Fancy.

Joe's Dad - I can come out and ride my bike... lol. Thank you for the welcome. Not sure what answers I am looking for, don't have questions yet... heh.

My interest/hobbies change all time... it was cars for a bit until mine decided it was going to stop working. heh If you don't mind me asking. What part of California are you in?
Old 02-09-2005, 10:39 PM   #7
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Between LA and Santa Barbara

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-13-2005, 02:43 AM   #8
cherosage

CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,512.63
Good to have you visit with us. Hope you will have a good time. I see you know your tribe. We have just about every tribe represented on this site. Maybe someone can give you some info about your family. I knew a very kind Yaqui elder. He is now passed but still a good memory.

Please ask any (?) and someone can try to answer it for you.

Last edited by CHEROSAGE; 02-13-2005 at 02:50 AM..
CHEROSAGE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
kitty cat lover

curiousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant futurecuriousity has a brilliant future
Credits: 80.00
welcome to the site. you will have questions later and there are a lot of good people to answer those questions. enjoy the site.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Joe's Dad - I am from the Bay Area.

Cherosage - Thank for your the Welcome. Hopefully, I will be able to learn more. I feel so ignorant when it comes to my heritage, and it bothers me. I wasn't able to get much informations from my uncle before he passed. He was the only one close with my Great Grandfather. It would be nice to find some contacts near me, but I have no idea where to do.

Curiousity - Also thank you for the warm welcome. I am glad I found this site. I was a little nervous about posting here... I am glad you all are friendly afterall... (I read a few of the other first posts... "White Gal Question", "Hello"... LOL).
Old 02-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #11
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Rosie...try this one here: www.pascuayaqui-nsn.gov may be at least a starting point...good luck...
I see you are in the bay area...have been there many times...have relatives in the region..as well...nice area...but too expensive!!!
anyways...welcome to PW.com...
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #12
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
Welcome Rosie,
I'm known to be the one who likes verbal punishment but don't worry, okay?
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #13
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the site Rosie...

Hope you find what youre looking for... and never give up in your quest. Its not always easy, I was in your position at one time and to this day i still learn so much. Im glad I found this site becasue i continue to learn alot about other tribes besides my own everyday and have alot of fun with some of the posters here. Again Welcome!!
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #14
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Hi there, you do have pretty hair, Have fun and good luck in your journey.

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-15-2005, 03:13 PM   #15
~*Coastal Steps*~

this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
this1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond reputethis1ndnchic has a reputation beyond repute
welcome pretty haired person..LOL have a good time here.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0SIE
Hi, I am Rosie and new to Pow Wow. I am wasn't raised with the opportunity to know about my heritage due to location and etc. My uncle is the one who back tracked our history and took the steps in learning about who we were. I bugged him to tell me about it... but living in Northern California, I didn't get much of a change to experience anything. When he had his bike accident, my daughter and I went to Arizona to help him. While there, my daughter and I were invited to do our first sweat. It was an experience I will never forget. Since then my uncle has passed away... and I was left back where I started, back in California and knowing nothing. Anyway... I'm here out of curiousity... and thought I would introduce myself... Hi I'm Rosie...
Rosie,
Are you familiar with the last name Veloz?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:36 PM   #17
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverwade
Rosie,
Are you familiar with the last name Veloz?
Rosie, Are you familiar with the last name....Joe's Dad?!!!

(Just doing one of yours QSW!)

<----Joe

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-15-2005, 06:50 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
Rosie, Are you familiar with the last name....Joe's Dad?!!!

(Just doing one of yours QSW!)

<----Joe
Joe's Dad,
I know how corny that sounded but I figured that Rosie would happen to known my long dead father. It was a one in a million shot since I found out he died in 1987. So, I'll just have to go on with my miserable life, lol. I hope that I don't sound too cynical but since this is the cyberworld, we take all chances we wouldn't otherwise, right? And since my mother mentioned that my father was Yaqui (she might've been lying to make me feel better) which I haven't figured into my halfbredness since I'm enrolled with the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe already.

Last edited by quicksilverwade; 02-15-2005 at 06:52 PM..
Old 02-15-2005, 09:25 PM   #19
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
My Bad!

Dude, I apologize....Just thought it might have been one of your QSW questions! Hey I hope ROSIE is that one in a million chance. Sorry.

<----Joe

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
Dude, I apologize....Just thought it might have been one of your QSW questions! Hey I hope ROSIE is that one in a million chance. Sorry.

<----Joe
Don't apologize for it just happened that my question would sound like a QSW question and that's the way I wanted it to happen. I'm so twisted that even the truth is quirky, lol.
Sponsored Links