Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Pow Wow FAQ's honor cali tribes at cali pow wows honor cali tribes at cali pow wows

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 02:13 PM   #61

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ndnkidz_5 has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
YA and now's a good time ....tax return! lol!

Last edited by ndnkidz_5; 01-22-2004 at 02:20 PM..
ndnkidz_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-2004, 12:15 AM   #62
Junior Dancer

Gold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond reputeGold_toothed_dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Yo all you cali skins whats the word on any big times up and coming? whers is my bro wacapi been any you cali bros or sisters heard from him or did he land back in?Give a shout for the next cali gatherings.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:40 PM   #63
Pork chopsh n appleshaush

Dezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Gold_toothed_dancer
Yo all you cali skins whats the word on any big times up and coming? whers is my bro wacapi been any you cali bros or sisters heard from him or did he land back in?Give a shout for the next cali gatherings.
*****~*****~******~*********~******~***~~~~~

The 12th Annual Ohlone Big Time is being held April 24 in Pomona. It's in a new location.....on grass.........LOL. Give them a jingle if you want more 411....909.591.3117.....

Also, the Strawberry Festival is coming up soon, let me call my girls and find out the exact date on that..... ....I'll get back to you....

BTW DANCIN, a Big Time is an all California tribes gathering. Much like a pw, but the dancers are dancers & singers from the California tribes. Food, dancing, singing, games, you name it, it's usually going on.....a lot of fun! Everyone should check one out if you're in California..... (The Ahwahnee, Wassama Roundhouse gathering is one of my tribes).

Here's a link with some snappitys of what you might see and experience should you have the opportunity to attend one....
http://www.calacademy.org/research/a...ix-calind.html

~ Ah nech me hewet ~ :49:

Last edited by Dezgn8veDriver; 02-24-2004 at 04:10 PM..
Dezgn8veDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-24-2004, 12:44 AM   #64

oh yes ......strawberry festival time soon! Yippy....I'll post the dates when I hear of them.....I think them Pomos are having one soon up in Nor Cal.......fryed seaweed....yummy!!!!! OOH and fry bread with strawberries and whip cream!!!!!! Salmon...smoked!!! Oh man just wait till I get my smoker done....I making one...
Old 02-24-2004, 04:14 PM   #65

Dezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDezgn8veDriver has a reputation beyond repute
Poom-Poom Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by ndnkidz_5
oh yes ......strawberry festival time soon! Yippy....I'll post the dates when I hear of them.....I think them Pomos are having one soon up in Nor Cal.......fryed seaweed....yummy!!!!! OOH and fry bread with strawberries and whip cream!!!!!! Salmon...smoked!!! Oh man just wait till I get my smoker done....I making one...
~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*

Yummmmmy....my tummy rumbles...LOL....So the Kule Loklo strawberry festival is April 25th...so mark your calendars and Palm Pilots....:Chatter.... NDNKIDZ5, clear off the couch that weekend....your having guests....:huddle:.....LOL...

Old 02-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #66

Re: Poom-Poom Baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezgn8veDriver
~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*

Yummmmmy....my tummy rumbles...LOL....So the Kule Loklo strawberry festival is April 25th...so mark your calendars and Palm Pilots....:Chatter.... NDNKIDZ5, clear off the couch that weekend....your having guests....:huddle:.....LOL...

Oh yes please come up ......man that is one good feast....and a great safe place for the kids to run..... yes and a bunch of salmon, and fryed sea weed... it wil be hella fun....Gold tooth, your wellcome to come and stay too.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:05 AM   #67
Divine Scientific Genius

DeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond reputeDeusExMachina has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,162.00
Savings: 569.25
You guys suck! I'm stuck over here in hick central just dreaming of Big Times and pinenuts. I'm sooo tempted to blow my taxreturn on some plane tickets and a hotel room this sumer just so I can go to a Big Time! *sob* I wanna go home!!!

The secret of my succes is 30% natural talent, 10% inspiration, and the remaining 60% is just the fact that I am nucking futs.
DeusExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-2004, 01:02 PM   #68

hey the Ya Ka Ama strawbeerry fest...is comming soon too...not sure of the dates, ya kicking it with my Hopland Pomo/Wapo buddy over the weeknd and she going to give me the dates. I tuned up her car in exchange for some basket materials. YOu all are wellcome to come stay at the house, if ya do not mind al the kids, and amimals....we got two more new rabbits. Woking on getting a new trampoline after what the storm did to it...
Old 03-02-2004, 06:44 PM   #69

Quote:
hey the Ya Ka Ama strawbeerry fest...is comming soon too...not sure of the dates, ya kicking it with my Hopland Pomo/Wapo buddy over the weeknd and she going to give me the dates. I tuned up her car in exchange for some basket materials. YOu all are wellcome to come stay at the house, if ya do not mind al the kids, and amimals....we got two more new rabbits. Woking on getting a new trampoline after what the storm did to it...
~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*

Before you go inviting everyone over, maybe you should tell them about the falling trees and they should take out a life insurance policy before stepping foot into your home...... Did you get the date on Ya Ka Ama? I need to start booking my calendar.... ;).

Old 03-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #70

what iz aztecdancer
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2004, 02:08 PM   #71
Banned

quicksilverwade is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by ~>[email protected]~HoNeY <~
what iz aztecdancer
Aztec dancers have names like "Pastel" and "Bacalao" and they speak with a Spanish accent but they do know how to dance. Even though it is connected with human sacrificing on a grand scale. Something in the range of 1,000 people or more but this was before the Spanish conquest.
quicksilverwade is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2004, 03:09 PM   #72

can u explain it better i cqnt understand r they native or what
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #73
Banned

Quote:
Some are native Californian, native Arizonian, native New Mexican, native Nevadan and others are native Mexican. But in the traditional sense I would say no they're not. But if an Aztec dancer decides to post and defend himself, I'll change my mind, maybe. You see, it's only been in the early 90's that they came out of the woodwork and decided to tag along the powwow trail.

Last edited by quicksilverwade; 03-03-2004 at 03:16 PM..
Old 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally posted by crabbyolebear
You guys suck! I'm stuck over here in hick central just dreaming of Big Times and pinenuts. I'm sooo tempted to blow my taxreturn on some plane tickets and a hotel room this sumer just so I can go to a Big Time! *sob* I wanna go home!!!
~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*

Pinenuts....YUMMY!!....I have a great recipe I use with ground pinenuts, it's enough to make a person faint....well maybe not that good, but close....LOL. CRABBYOLEBEAR, you can't stay in a cold hotel room, stay at the "Singer Suite Inn" if you're ever back in CA....we always have our stock of pinenuts readily accessible....:7:.

Old 03-04-2004, 05:36 PM   #75
*Look Into My Eyes*

TigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond reputeTigerEyes214 has a reputation beyond repute
Kule Loklo strawberry festival?!?!?! When is it??? April 25?? Where is it? Pomona?? Am I right?? Where in Pomona??? I want to go ssoooooo badly!! Anyone have more info????
TigerEyes214 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2004, 11:36 AM   #76
VOTE ME ~ 4 CALI GOVERNER

Gah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond reputeGah-Gah! has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Sweet! So your going to start on your baskets?!!?

Yippeee!! Good for you!!
Old 03-05-2004, 01:59 PM   #77
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Dancin by the bay is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dezgn8veDriver
~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*

Pinenuts....YUMMY!!....I have a great recipe I use with ground pinenuts, it's enough to make a person faint....well maybe not that good, but close....LOL. CRABBYOLEBEAR, you can't stay in a cold hotel room, stay at the "Singer Suite Inn" if you're ever back in CA....we always have our stock of pinenuts readily accessible....:7:.
I want to stay there are you takin resevations?

:Chatter
Dancin by the bay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2004, 02:02 PM   #78
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Talking

Quote:
They're native to mexico or central and south america but a lot of them come and dance at the pow wows. Some times you'll see a pow wow with hawaiians dancin but they don't seem to get as much negativty as the aztecs. The hawaiians are part of the states so may be that has some thing to do with it. I like both so it doesnt' bother me.

Old 03-05-2004, 02:08 PM   #79
*Graceless Grass Dancer*

Thumbs up Re: Re: Poom-Poom Baby!

Quote:
Oh yes please come up ......man that is one good feast....and a great safe place for the kids to run..... yes and a bunch of salmon, and fryed sea weed... it wil be hella fun....Gold tooth, your wellcome to come and stay too.
Sounds like my kind of party how do I get there I never had fryed sea weed before. You going to be dancin ndn5.

:D
Old 03-05-2004, 03:35 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dancin by the bay
They're native to mexico or central and south america but a lot of them come and dance at the pow wows. Some times you'll see a pow wow with hawaiians dancin but they don't seem to get as much negativty as the aztecs. The hawaiians are part of the states so may be that has some thing to do with it. I like both so it doesnt' bother me.

I remember one year at the Soboba Casino powwow they had Hawaiian dancers and the crowd seemed to have a hard time looking at guys doing the hula. As with the Aztecs, you'll notice that they're borrowing ideas for their regalia from the southern plains and northern plains. I wouldn't matter as long as they begin by getting mocassins or something instead of running around barefoot.
Sponsored Links