Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Joe's Dad

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions :) :)

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2018, 01:26 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ashiryln is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 184.37
Savings: 0.00
:)

Hello to those who read this,
I'm joining this site in hopes to grow a better understanding and perspective. My great grandmother is a White Earth Chippewa from Minnesota. I was born and raised in Wisconsin with my great grandmother, grandmother, and my mother. My family slowly split apart due to family hardships, which it's ultimate downfall was the death of my great grandmother. Growing up around traditions, superstitions and hearing stories of our people. It was always hard to figure out who I was. I knew who I was in my heart and what I knew in my mind, but appearance wise I'm "white so therefore I am nothing" as I have been told by people throughout my life. I want to connect with my great grandmother's tribe, I want to know the who what when where why how. I want to learn, to help, to grow; everything. Our traditions are nearly lost, and I don't want them to disappear. I don't want them to be forgotten. I want to pass them down when I eventually have children. But first, I need to understand them myself.

I don't want the only traditions I know and barely understand to disappear completely. They are apart of me. And giving up on them will be giving up on a part of me. And if I don't try, who else will...
Old 02-19-2018, 02:24 AM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 59,497.73
Savings: 0.00
Welcome to powwows.com
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2018, 03:41 AM   #3
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 114,896.76
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiryln View Post
Hello to those who read this,
I'm joining this site in hopes to grow a better understanding and perspective. My great grandmother is a White Earth Chippewa from Minnesota. I was born and raised in Wisconsin with my great grandmother, grandmother, and my mother. My family slowly split apart due to family hardships, which it's ultimate downfall was the death of my great grandmother. Growing up around traditions, superstitions and hearing stories of our people. It was always hard to figure out who I was. I knew who I was in my heart and what I knew in my mind, but appearance wise I'm "white so therefore I am nothing" as I have been told by people throughout my life. I want to connect with my great grandmother's tribe, I want to know the who what when where why how. I want to learn, to help, to grow; everything. Our traditions are nearly lost, and I don't want them to disappear. I don't want them to be forgotten. I want to pass them down when I eventually have children. But first, I need to understand them myself.

I don't want the only traditions I know and barely understand to disappear completely. They are apart of me. And giving up on them will be giving up on a part of me. And if I don't try, who else will...
Welcome to powwows.com.

Now...you sure are not going to find what you are looking for here. There is just a bunch of people who like to powwow and talk about each other. We probably have no ideas of Ojib ways and traditions.

Take OLChemist's advice. Contact the rez office, tell them your plight and share the nemes you have. Someone in your family will find you.

Whatever you do, be sure to drop the, "I'm too white looking" crap. We all know at least blonde haired, blue-eyed Indian with a tribal card. You're Native when you're Native.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Pow Wow Committee

Items DollElephantDolphin
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 25,786.07
Savings: 2.03
Welcome to pws.com enjoy!!