Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
shanett559boo is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Unhappy beadwork

Hello everyone, i just started doing beadwork and its hard for me to get the right colors put together. I start a project and and put it down and try other combos of color. and the second have is patterns. I know i should make up my own but does any one have patterns to share?
shanett559boo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

masonjarbeading is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
shanett
"Hello everyone, i just started doing beadwork and its hard for me to get the right colors put together. I start a project and and put it down and try other combos of color. and the second have is patterns. I know i should make up my own but does any one have patterns to share?"
What are you trying to bead? and in what style?
here is a good start:
http://www.geocities.com/craftplus2000/1FreeIndex.html

http://beadwork.about.com/od/freebea..._Pat_Links.htm
hope this helps
masonjarbeading is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #3
Procrastinator Tater

Items Treasure Chest
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
JinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond reputeJinglnCrazyLilBird has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 656.08
Savings: 1.00
Yea, patterns the hardest part of beading... either that or when the thread gets tangled.. bleh!

I don't really have any patterns for yuh but the way I come up with patterns is by looking at other people's beadwork. I sketch out a couple things I like... like maybe shapes or colors... and reconstruct them into a personal design. I suggest clicking through the galleries a bit! I think it always looks nice to do like a gradation of colors like red-orange-yellow for example and then some sort of contrasting outline or something.

If you're doing loom work, then its hard to come up with patterns. I sometimes look for needlepoint or cross stitch patterns then at craftstores or wallyworld!

What kind of beadwork is it and what's it goinna be?.. a drop or panel or something? Anything special yuh want on it?.. I usually start with a particular animal, flower, or tribal design

If yuh want it to be abstract, sometimes I play with french curves! They're great!

JinglnCrazyLilBird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links