Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Cover store about cherokee people Cover store about cherokee people

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Banned

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,641.56
Savings: 0.00
Johna brown is Cherokee not Sioux and he is on baker role . And all my reply are comeing from this junk iPhone and I wish I be making my replys from a regular pc
WoundedBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #22
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Actually...

I always find it fascinating that when people bring up Minimum blood Quantums they always bring up the Cherokee Nation as someone could be 1/100,000 or something like that. Not that I am angery about that it just seems so... By the Way there are 3 Federal Cherokee tribes each requiring different criteria for citizenship EBCI is 1/16th and UKB is 1/4.

Here are the tribes that currently do not require a Minimum Blood Quantum:
Alabama-Quassarte Tribal Town
Cherokee Nation
Chickasaw Nation
Choctaw Nation
Citizen Potawatomi Nation
Delaware Tribe of Indians
Eastern Shawnee Tribe
Mashantucket Pequot Tribe of Connecticut
Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe of Massachusetts
Miami Tribe of Oklahoma
Modoc Tribe
Muscogee Creek Nation
Osage Nation
Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma
Peoria Tribe of Indians
Quapaw Tribe of Oklahoma
Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians of Michigan
Seminole Nation
Seneca-Cayuga Tribe of Oklahoma
Shawnee Tribe
Thlopthlocco Tribal Town
Tonkawa Tribe
Wyandotte Nation
Thanks for the info!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
Banned

WoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond reputeWoundedBear has a reputation beyond repute
Well what do u make of ol wardancer ? Do he have way of words or not
Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #24
Banned

I voiced my comments on that cover story deal about Cherokee that j hair
Old 01-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #25
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedBear View Post
I voiced my comments on that cover story deal about Cherokee that j hair
Cover Story?
Do you believe I actually work for the Cherokee Nation?

I have written many articles regarding this and if you would care to look up my some odd 6000 posts you will find that I have addressed this issue hundreds if not thousands of times. Documents are in the National Archive waiting for a researcher to read them and write about what that person finds. If you care to write a rebuttal to my findings along with references showing that the documents I presented are false or misleading by all means...

I just find it fascinating that a person who claims his ancestor is listed on the Baker Roll which would have been in 1924 in Qualla Boundry North Carolina gives one whit regarding the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma. Which by the way we all come from the same TRIBE I also wrote an article about that.

http://www.powwows.com/2013/01/cherokee-of-today/
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Cover Story?
Do you believe I actually work for the Cherokee Nation?

I have written many articles regarding this and if you would care to look up my some odd 6000 posts you will find that I have addressed this issue hundreds if not thousands of times. Documents are in the National Archive waiting for a researcher to read them and write about what that person finds. If you care to write a rebuttal to my findings along with references showing that the documents I presented are false or misleading by all means...

I just find it fascinating that a person who claims his ancestor is listed on the Baker Roll which would have been in 1924 in Qualla Boundry North Carolina gives one whit regarding the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma. Which by the way we all come from the same TRIBE I also wrote an article about that.

http://www.powwows.com/2013/01/cherokee-of-today/
Well deal about my one relation being Cherokee is my point of showing that I do have Cherokee blood in me but at same time I seek no cdib from cn but I seek my native citizen ship with my proper tribe Sioux cause that's what I am and thrue I am Cherokee as well but u know u must have a Dawes # for that and u can't get citizenship with out one and same go's for baker role to and it is the form of enrollment that the cn use's that is raising all the ruckus cause I know for a fact some Cherokee did escap and if I get chance to I get a picture of him with voice of him talking old Cherokee and people in Hannibal, mo call him Danny or Indian dan
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #27
Banned

I did forget to mention before the trail of tears there was already a western Cherokee west of the Mississippi River and the were in mo the was there back in as early as early 1700 at time that the Brits ran everything think u mite wanna look into it
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #28
Powwow Dude

Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I did forget to mention before the trail of tears there was already a western Cherokee west of the Mississippi River and the were in mo the was there back in as early as early 1700 at time that the Brits ran everything think u mite wanna look into it
Have you actually Read my Articles?? The Old Settlers were in that area and actually had several battles with the Osage, But by virtue of the Treaties of 1828 and 1833 they left out of Arkansas and Missouri along with the Osage, Quapaw, Sac and Fox and Caddo
Only Whites remained in those areas after 1833. Seems the Territories of Missouri and Arkansas did not want to have an Indian Problem and went to great lengths to keep them out!

This what a family would have looked like in those days can you honesty tell me they could "hide" out amongst whites. They speak no english and have different ways!!

http://www.powwows.com/2012/12/the-a...-the-cherokee/

Last edited by Josiah; 01-11-2013 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: Add more information including a link to an Article of interest
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #29
Powwow Dude

If you look carefully at that picture I posted in the above post you will have a glimpse into why the Allotemnet act was enacted by congress and Indian Territory was broken up in the first place and have The Why of the Dawes Roll!!

At 1st glimpse you see a Family Mom Dad kids maybe son in law
In reality
Dad Mom and 3 kids
Sisters to Mom
Husband and child
They come from Hairs,Hawkins,Coffee and Drys. The old names of Ahmadeske,Tuwodi,Littlehair and Thirsty...
A Family Cluster one of many "Clusters" which forms Tribes
Natives tended to Cluster into Family Groups and the Allotement Act was enacted to break up the family groups and Spread them into "Individuals" it did not work!
Language and Culture kept these clusters throughout the 20's and 30's like when this picture was taken!!
By 1936 the Howard Wheeler Act abolished the Allotement Act and out of that we have the OIWA which allowed Oklahoma tribes to reform back into tribal units with a government again.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Have you actually Read my Articles?? The Old Settlers were in that area and actually had several battles with the Osage, But by virtue of the Treaties of 1828 and 1833 they left out of Arkansas and Missouri along with the Osage, Quapaw, Sac and Fox and Caddo
Only Whites remained in those areas after 1833. Seems the Territories of Missouri and Arkansas did not want to have an Indian Problem and went to great lengths to keep them out!

This what a family would have looked like in those days can you honesty tell me they could "hide" out amongst whites. They speak no english and have different ways!!

The did in key area's my gg grandfather did and he was Sioux and he not the only one .when it came to census time he relocat to keokuk Iowa cause no Indian be captured in that state on census day
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #31
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 64,897.58
Yes , @Josiah , you are obviously WRONG and know nothing about The Cherokee !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #32
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 64,897.58
I go to Miami, OK. once in a while....to the casino ! Not much else there !

Fortunately , I've never actually witnessed anyone there wearing a breach cloth in public !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Last edited by wardancer; 01-11-2013 at 10:59 AM..
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #33
Banned

Quote:

No I never read ur books only thing I did read is what u post or some one put on here at powwows.com and as I read it I got dissed off . But truly I never know u was a big book writer and no I never think u was associated with the cn
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #34
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post

Fortunately , I've never actually witnessed anyone there wearing a breach cloth in public !
1. There is a high school I haven't set foot in/on in nearly 23 years.

2. I've seen that at a dance in Marshfield, MO. I think I was fourteen.

Nobody was amused.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:

Well u like casinoe's and I dislike'm .u wrong about Miami,Oklahoma there is life there wardancer and many fellow native's and life is no a casino but life is love'ing a life
Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
Banned

Quote:

Get ready to start looking cause u mite see one in Miami trailor park wearing one outside his home early morning hours when it hot out wardancer
Old 01-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #37
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Quote:
Well u like casinoe's and I dislike'm .u wrong about Miami,Oklahoma there is life there wardancer and many fellow native's and life is no a casino but life is love'ing a life
1. Where has Wardancer said likes casinos?
2. I assure you, "life" in Miami, OK, is a relative thing.

If your life is built around funny clothes and trailer parks, you'll find a place where you fit in.

If it's about immediately trying to be Indian, I think you'll be perceived as the strange guy who wears a choker everywhere by each of the eight tribes in Ottawa County. (And being derided by eight tribes in a single Oklahoma day will make you long for Shelbina, Linn or Hunnewell, MO.)

Besides, weren't you supposed to be in Miami by last April? Did you go off on some construction or over-the-road crusade?

That said, I wish you the best and offer a little constructive advice. To quote you:

"Atsisonvnvhialisoqualvdi Decen-of Wodige
Well this old cherokee has no yay hoo acct and further more I am one cherokee who will never see citizenship with his own people thrue I am 5/8 cherokee and further more knowing my luck it probly is in nc aka southeast united state and I sure don't wanna be there but oklahoma is my cup of tea right now I wonder why the other great mounds are knot a topic such as the hahokia mounds it was built by the cherokee along with many other and further more I think we cherokee are formaly known as the atlantisan of the lost city of atlantis plus I been looking hard into it and my finding say we are 99%starting now I just need to find proof of it or find a way to get proof of are past sincerly your's franklin d charlton native name wounded bear of the cherokee. Ps long live the cherokee"

Uh, don't bring ANY of that up.

Cool?
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #38
Powwow Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
1. Where has Wardancer said likes casinos?
2. I assure you, "life" in Miami, OK, is a relative thing.

If your life is built around funny clothes and trailer parks, you'll find a place where you fit in.

If it's about immediately trying to be Indian, I think you'll be perceived as the strange guy who wears a choker everywhere by each of the eight tribes in Ottawa County. (And being derided by eight tribes in a single Oklahoma day will make you long for Shelbina, Linn or Hunnewell, MO.)

Besides, weren't you supposed to be in Miami by last April? Did you go off on some construction or over-the-road crusade?

That said, I wish you the best and offer a little constructive advice. To quote you:

"Atsisonvnvhialisoqualvdi Decen-of Wodige
Well this old cherokee has no yay hoo acct and further more I am one cherokee who will never see citizenship with his own people thrue I am 5/8 cherokee and further more knowing my luck it probly is in nc aka southeast united state and I sure don't wanna be there but oklahoma is my cup of tea right now I wonder why the other great mounds are knot a topic such as the hahokia mounds it was built by the cherokee along with many other and further more I think we cherokee are formaly known as the atlantisan of the lost city of atlantis plus I been looking hard into it and my finding say we are 99%starting now I just need to find proof of it or find a way to get proof of are past sincerly your's franklin d charlton native name wounded bear of the cherokee. Ps long live the cherokee"

Uh, don't bring ANY of that up.

Cool?
Great Advice...
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #39
Banned

cherokee are from atlantis ,i could have told u that my self lol
Old 01-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #40
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
i am NOT cherokee.....but i know many white cherokees....josiah, is it possible of bands of cherokees settling in tennesee, texas, even california and oregon just chillin out there 250 yrs ago and mating with white people to give birth to the race of twinkies???? wait....i KNOW the answer.....i would just like to see it confirmed

i think the cherokee, lakota, blackfoot and hopi had a masterplan back in the day to correspond with druids and create the MASTER RACE which does seem to have connections with atlantis, at least according to the mayans......i think the 4 tribes knew that in order for survival they knew that they needed to pass of their knowledge to the white man to speak for us and form the race that would rise up and save the world along with the brother race of wiggers and take back what is rightfully ours which has been foretold by the elders many generations ago.....mitukauye oyasin
milehighsalute is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links