Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 1 Post By Joe's Dad

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Hello guys!!! Hello guys!!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Leach is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 831.09
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up Hello guys!!!

My name is Herbert. I am a descendant of Chief Leach of Lumbee/Harnett County Coharie Indians. (Great grandson). I have found a great deal of connection since I've begun my genealogy research, you can check out my story here: Connecting with my Native heritage.

I have been lurking on this board for a while now, very happy to be here and learn more about Native American culture and life.

Last edited by Leach; 11-15-2015 at 03:55 PM..
Leach is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 131,531.72
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leach View Post
My name is Herbert. I am a descendant of Chief Leach of Harnett County Coharie Indians. (Great grandson). I have found a great deal of connection since I've begun my genealogy research, you can check out my story here: Connecting with my Native heritage.

I have been lurking on this board for a while now, very happy to be here and learn more about Native American culture and life.
Welcome to the board. Are these Harnett County Coharise recognized by the NCCIA?

Have fun on here.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Welcome to the board. Are these Harnett County Coharise recognized by the NCCIA?

Have fun on here.
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I know that the Coharie are state recognized. As far as NCCIA, I'd have to look deeper. My journey into my family history wasn't one started to seek benefits in relation to my heritage; but simply to know more of who I am. So I've been far more interested in the stories than the "perks" or even membership.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
NCCIA is North Carolina Commission of Indian Affairs. Pretty much the laison between the tribes of North Carolina and the state government. The Coharies that are recognized by the NCCIA are from the Sampson County area.

I moved away from that area a while back. Didn't know if they had recognized the Coharie from Harnett County.
windanncer likes this.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
And yeah, they don't have any money, or perks, to give anywayz. Poor guys.
windanncer likes this.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

yeah, Harnett is listed on their website. :)

State of North Carolina - Department of Administration

I'm eager to learn more about the culture. Wish I could have met grandma Chief :( but I feel her inside of me and I know she would want me to know who she was. It's amazing to actually have ancestors who were here FIRST.
Sponsored Links