Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Hello I am Hummingbird from Fl. Hello I am Hummingbird from Fl.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #121
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 120.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafToniB View Post
To me I am part Cree and part Cherokee, so that is good enough for me without going through the hassle.
which part of Manitoulin are you from?
SuzzeQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #122
AKA...Falling Leaves

steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
I am like Josiah, why can't they be from some other tribe? Why do they always (ok 95% of the time) have to be Cherokee Princesses, Warriors, Chiefs??? I swear the Cherokee have to be the most prolific breeders on the planet... My Father has some thoughts as to why.. he says that it's because the Cherokee for the most part were peaceful, and had started adopting white "civilized" people's ways, long before our brothers and sisters in the west did..

It's very tiresome. I have just started saying oh that's nice and walking off when they start that I am the great grand daughter of a Cherokee princess.... I know that it's wrong to be rude like that but I am just getting to the point that I can't be nice about it anymore.

I am the great grand daughter of farmers, who moved to Texas. We like being from Texas, our football teams are better.... Maybe I can be a Texas Princess... maybe that might be better than being an Innuit Princess, (they still haven't got back to me one that one... but I am trying, I want to be the first one so my great grandkids can be a princess or a warrior/chief. I plan on getting Lakota medicine man to teach meto be Innuit....

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds
steelemagnolia63 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #123
Deaf and Cree Elder-Woman

Items PresentPresent
DeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond repute
DeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,736.08
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
which part of Manitoulin are you from?
M'Chigeeng First Nation (the former name was West Bay) is in the central of Manitoulin Island close to the bay. The location of Manitoulin Island is on Lake Huron right next door to Northern Michigan. If you have a map you might find it there above Michigan on the lake. Hope that help you understand where I am from.
DeafToniB is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #124

Items PresentPresent
DeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond repute
DeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond reputeDeafToniB has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah, Thank you for the history of Cherokee. I did not know that they have left Kentucky long before 18th century. Maybe that is why my great grandmother who escaped into the mountains, got married and have children moving into Calhoun County of Kentucky. My family history is kind of not clear. My sister is trying to find information about our past ancestors so we are pretty much in the dark. The history of Cherokee before and during the Trails of Tears are very interesting and sad that it happen to all of us fighting for our own rights as human beings. We are people, not animals. I am sick of that kind of abuse. I understand now so thank you.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #125
Senior Dancer

SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
SuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond reputeSuzzeQ4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
M'Chigeeng First Nation (the former name was West Bay) is in the central of Manitoulin Island close to the bay. The location of Manitoulin Island is on Lake Huron right next door to Northern Michigan. If you have a map you might find it there above Michigan on the lake. Hope that help you understand where I am from.
Sorry it just leaves me more confused. I know Manitoulin Island (I live in Ontario too), met many powwow friends from the different res's there, I was certain they were Anishnawbe, not Cree.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #126

Items PresentPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
Sorry it just leaves me more confused. I know Manitoulin Island (I live in Ontario too), met many powwow friends from the different res's there, I was certain they were Anishnawbe, not Cree.
Yes, you are right that they are Anishnawbe and I am married to my husband who is Ojibwe (Anishnawbe). I am Cree. Do you know that Shirley Cheechoo who is a director of many native movies lives right here in M'Chigeeng First Nation and is also a Cree married to her husband who is Anishnawbe too? There are some other tribes that intermarry into their tribe. Sorry for your confusion what you know about Manitoulin Island. No problem.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #127
Senior Dancer

Quote:
Yes, you are right that they are Anishnawbe and I am married to my husband who is Ojibwe (Anishnawbe). I am Cree. Do you know that Shirley Cheechoo who is a director of many native movies lives right here in M'Chigeeng First Nation and is also a Cree married to her husband who is Anishnawbe too? There are some other tribes that intermarry into their tribe. Sorry for your confusion what you know about Manitoulin Island. No problem.
Oh...ok...get it, specially being a Lakota married to a Mohawk.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #128
its me

pow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,859.38
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJo View Post
Ummmm, so would that be the NEW official Cherokee dance outfit??????

My, my..........

Gonna be some raised eyebrows at the next Grand Entry, eh?

ROTFLMAO!!!
that kinda looks like cher ennit?
she's part indian too, ennit? jk my friend is gonna be so mad they captured her next idea for an outfit, I am not even going to mention what tribe Cher is..didn't she come out with a song about her heritage? omg i better quit just jokin

Last edited by pow-wow person; 02-07-2010 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: this is not even the same forum i was commenting on gee! looks silly
pow-wow person is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #129
Tiny Tot Dancer

BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow-wow person View Post
that kinda looks like cher ennit?
she's part indian too, ennit? jk my friend is gonna be so mad they captured her next idea for an outfit, I am not even going to mention what tribe Cher is..didn't she come out with a song about her heritage? omg i better quit just jokin
Cher is a little less than half Cher-okee.
BigChef is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2010, 02:43 AM   #130
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Question Excuse Me Um What???

Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

MaileenasDad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #131
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Ummmm, so would that be the NEW official Cherokee dance outfit??????

My, my..........

Gonna be some raised eyebrows at the next Grand Entry, eh?

ROTFLMAO!!!
LOL, PLUMES MADE THAT,
I WOULD KNOW HER WORK NYWHERE.

HI EVERY ONE, MISS ME?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #132

Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And please try to understand this, too............we hear this same kind of statement over and over and over and over:
"My (insert relative) was a Cherokee (Chief....Princess....Warrior, etc.) so therefore I AM Cherokee"............coming from folks that I'm pretty darn sure probably aren't.

So after awhile we get kind of aggravated by that kind of statement.

Probably hard for you to understand.........

Anyway........good luck with whatever you're trying to accomplish.
U R ALWAYS SO NICE. dang sorry bout the caps.

i have so much to say but i am using this blasted on screen keyboard cause our daughter drooled maple cinnamon goodnes on our keyboard, so now the space bar sticks.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #133

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaileenasDad View Post

u r a rock.

looooooooooooove u

u know what i love bout these "indians" that come on with all their "facts" and "authentic" family history, and always have real indian names. chief runswithcherokeebloodlines.

never, my name is steph and my grama is [insert nation and quantum] her name is shirley........

anyway gaaaaww my point was, i love thee threads cause they always bring knowledge from our josiah and they end up just a good ole pws.com chat fest.

truth is we love these people cause they are easy targets that truthfully do not really get under our kin because it is funny to us and we end up laughing and say siily stuff like BEGS shower reference. goot stuff.

wow i said a lot with my onscreen keyboard.

Last edited by Migiziwomen; 02-12-2010 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: soooooooooo, many typos.
Migiziwomen is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #134
its me

pow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond reputepow-wow person has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,859.38
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelemagnolia63 View Post
I am like Josiah, why can't they be from some other tribe? Why do they always (ok 95% of the time) have to be Cherokee Princesses, Warriors, Chiefs??? I swear the Cherokee have to be the most prolific breeders on the planet... My Father has some thoughts as to why.. he says that it's because the Cherokee for the most part were peaceful, and had started adopting white "civilized" people's ways, long before our brothers and sisters in the west did..

It's very tiresome. I have just started saying oh that's nice and walking off when they start that I am the great grand daughter of a Cherokee princess.... I know that it's wrong to be rude like that but I am just getting to the point that I can't be nice about it anymore.

I am the great grand daughter of farmers, who moved to Texas. We like being from Texas, our football teams are better.... Maybe I can be a Texas Princess... maybe that might be better than being an Innuit Princess, (they still haven't got back to me one that one... but I am trying, I want to be the first one so my great grandkids can be a princess or a warrior/chief. I plan on getting Lakota medicine man to teach meto be Innuit....
it can be annoying and so i like the girl who said "well if your a princess, then I must be queen" cause i know queens and princesses is a european thing.
pow-wow person is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #135
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Wow
I have not thought about this thread in over a year!!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #136
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
???? Does this website ever, ever, ever get any better than this???

Last edited by WocusWoman; 02-15-2010 at 12:03 AM..
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #137
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
I went back and read some of my rather long winded posts on this thread and after reading them I have to say I still stand by my thoughts on this matter.
Especially in the light of the Tennessee Senate granting State Recognition to several " Cherokee Bands" in their State
They are happy now the State of Tennesse has said they are Indian so they must be...
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #138
Junior Dancer

Items Present
Talking Ai Yai Yai!!!

Right On Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Myths and legends written by White men

The Legend of Tallulah
A white hunter by chance found himself on a Cherokee trail in Tallulah Falls. He was found by the Indian maiden Tallulah, only daughter of Grey Eagle, chief of the Cherokees. She fell in love with him and led him to her father's camp at Council Rocks, where, due to the lateness of the hour, he was told he could stay the night.

Because it was a bad omen for a white man to be found in an Indian camp and because of jealousy, the young Indian men demanded the immediate trial and execution of the stranger. Grey Eagle was forced to pronounce sentence of death. The hunter was to be bound hand and foot and thrown over the cliff into the gorge, 900 feet below.

Tallulah begged her father not to execute the white man, but the chief would not change his judgement for fear of being considered a weakling. His daughter threatened to jump off the cliff if he carried out the sentence. Sadly, Grey Eagle did not believe her. Just as the young man was thrown over the cliff, Tallulah came running from the back of the camp and leaped from the cliff. From that time forward, the cliff is known as "Lover's Leap."

On the third day after the tragedy, Grey Eagle moved his camp two miles away from Council Rocks to a gap in the mountains between Tallulah Mountain and Hickory Nut Mountain, where he eventually died and was buried.

This is what is said of the story:
There is a delightful legend about one Chief Grey Eagle–whose rough granite throne was until recently on the campus of Tallulah Falls School–incorporating an ill-fated romance between a white man and a beautiful Cherokee woman, Lover’s Leap, and that sort of thing. I like the story. I have sat many times in Grey Eagle’s chair. I have even looked over Lover’s Leap from the rim of the gorge and I have looked up at it from the depth of the rocky gorge. Unfortunately, the story is just a legend with not a whit of historical truth. But, still, what stories could Grey Eagle’s chair tell us?
Make your daughters see the wisdom of dating/marrying DORKS not thugs. The most dangerous thing about Dorks is they just might kick too many people's tails on a video game or play GI Joe or Transformers with their kids. Or worse yet know way way too much about dinosaurs...

MaileenasDad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #139
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,802.32
Hey hummingbird, I hope that you are real and not someone here pulling legs... I live not far from you but in Georgia, and there is a small group of Cherokee and probably Creek and Choctaw people around here. There are areas that are not federally recognized reservations where families congregated or lived in proximity to each other.

I don't know what Orlando has as far as community, but if your father is originally from Georgia, SE Georgia is pretty rural still.

I'm answering because I kept having something bug me about "penpals" and perhaps trading computer programming knowledge for language... I don't know why. I thought it would be good to help someone earn a bunch of money like I used to.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying exactly, but am willing to listen. My boyfriend is part Cherokee and part Apache, I am something, not sure, one family member says "Souix" but grandma was adopted or something like that and doesn't look like her family, she is darker, the family that raised her were likely some Cherokee and Saponi way back or somthing like that. I have a little Mohawk/Pequot on dad's side. My ex husband was raised Huron on the res.

I'm interested in learning languages, esp. those that are threatened with dying out.
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #140
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20,802.32
Just realized this thread is ancient... oh well, tried to be nice...
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links