Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Heya -looking for answers i guess Heya -looking for answers i guess

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
manyfacesawakened is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Heya -looking for answers i guess

heya, I am irish/tuscarora/,(not 50%)but except for a few things grandpa taught me about my family and culture I know nothing.I have tried to practice the red road most of my life,But my father never really did,he seemed to look at it as abad thing to be native (never got that grandpa was proud)But he told me I shouldnt bother,he said being mixed was worse.I guess I see why I have tried to find out about my culture and in trying hard not to fall pray to "plastic shamans"out there so I did what my dad told me ,I went to the natives in my area I asked respectfully if they would help me learn ,I did make friends with a couple but most really wanted nothing to do with me basically said i wasnt native enough.I dont really get that...I havent met many full blooded natives and the few i have were still mixes of differnt tribes,I dont understand why anyone would turn someone down who is trying to learn there hertigage,so as to honor it properly.If anyone out there has any ideas I what i can do to learn more about the old way the right way I would appriecate it.I am not foolish enough to believe the dribble in books or internet,as grandpa always said you must sit in a circle to learn these things.I would also like to know if any "mixed"out there have had these problems too,feeling kind of unworthy at this point ,does that make sense?
manyfacesawakened is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,552.42
Savings: 1.00
what's up with that name?
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Eskimo wannabe

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you post that in the Genealogy section, manyfacesawakened? If you want information, that is where you will get it. Timmy Tiger is the modertor. She will get you started.

I'm not following you around, Grits & Beans. It's just a coincidence...honest!

I want an ndn name too. How about,

"ShewhositsinfrontofhercomputerandplaysFarmVille"?
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,636.63
Did you go with tobacco? That is very important, if you take tobacco, they are obligated to help. If they refuse, what they have to share isn't for you. Go to someone else.
wanjica_the_one is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

thanks for replies all...LOL grits the name is just a something i came up with to describe the fact that ppl have many sides to them,and until you can realize and learn from all of yours you are never truly awake or at least never truly all you can be.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyfacesawakened View Post
thanks for replies all...LOL grits the name is just a something i came up with to describe the fact that ppl have many sides to them,and until you can realize and learn from all of yours you are never truly awake or at least never truly all you can be.
so that mean i can call you twofaced for short?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

well you can if you want to but i am not 2 faced actaully being honest all the time seems to get me in more trouble then its worth i think i tend to be blunt honest ...but you accomplish nothing with lies so i guess its still a good way to be...BTW whats up with your name i do love grits and beans but never thought of calling someone it LOL
Old 04-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
Ugh. As. If.

my name is gaiv bertha manygoats. but don't be taking my name in vain. call me g&b like everyone else...
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Smile

will do and very nice to met you G&B
Old 04-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #10
Ugh. As. If.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 132,920.10
"I dont understand why anyone would turn someone down who is trying to learn there hertigage,so as to honor it properly"

Welcome here, many. I've always been puzzled by the 'honor it properly' passage.

I guess u are what u are and that identifies who you are. Living, breathing, being your culture and heritage is not honoring it...it's living it. So, if you find out about who and what you are, you're living it, not honoring it. Jusss saying.

Good luck in finding what you are looking for.

P.S. Watch out for those internet geeks like Grits and Beans. They one brick shy of a load!!! Kiddin G&B

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
my name is gaiv bertha manygoats. but don't be taking my name in vain. call me g&b like everyone else...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neling4 View Post
don't tell me that fooled you too

gaiv bertha manygoats = gave birth to many goats... i was joking

you won't know my real name unless you met/meet me in person...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25

Last edited by lbgood; 05-13-2010 at 02:31 AM..
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
Actually that explains alot!!! LMFAO
ha...very funny.

i see your back to normal now, well as normal as can be expected...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
Ugh. As. If.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
"I dont understand why anyone would turn someone down who is trying to learn there hertigage,so as to honor it properly"

Welcome here, many. I've always been puzzled by the 'honor it properly' passage.

I guess u are what u are and that identifies who you are. Living, breathing, being your culture and heritage is not honoring it...it's living it. So, if you find out about who and what you are, you're living it, not honoring it. Jusss saying.

Good luck in finding what you are looking for.

P.S. Watch out for those internet geeks like Grits and Beans. They one brick shy of a load!!! Kiddin G&B
oh yeah i got your one brick shy...
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #17
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
don't tell me that fooled you too

gaiv bertha manygoats = gave birth to many goats... i was joking

you won't know my real name unless you met/meet me in person...
I got it eventually. That's pretty good for me. It usually takes me longer. A while back, someone told me a joke. I didn't get it, so I mulled it over for a while, and then...just twenty years later...I got it. I laughed for a good ten minutes over it too. But now I've forgotten the joke.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #18
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Welcome, ManyFaces, to the land of wayward threads. Hope you like NDN teasing.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #19
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
yo face, well u didnt get chased away lol thats a good sign jk umm i wouldnt present myself like take mee to your chief i want to learn many things lol. i learned alot by volunteering and helping out at ceremonies here and there. over time its real easy to build trust and make alot of frens and most of all learn the in and outs of your tribe. be respectful and pay super attention cause things are gonna come at ya quick.

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #20
kitozudoto

injunboy has a reputation beyond repute
injunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond reputeinjunboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,812.27
haha i jus made that sound real easy..

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*
injunboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links