PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Introductions (http://forums.powwows.com/f44/)
-   -   hi looking for friends (http://forums.powwows.com/f44/hi-looking-friends-61770/)

CherokeeSpirit 12-06-2011 09:50 PM

hi looking for friends

Looking for new friends from anywhere and everywhere in the United States who is Native American.I am of mixed Blood but my Spirit I feel is every bit Native American it runs deep in my heart and in my Soul as well as in my blood.If anyone wants to get to know me feel free to contact me at anytime

comadre 12-07-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherokeeSpirit (Post 1501618)
Looking for new friends from anywhere and everywhere in the United States who is Native American.I am of mixed Blood but my Spirit I feel is every bit Native American it runs deep in my heart and in my Soul as well as in my blood.If anyone wants to get to know me feel free to contact me at anytime

Hello CherokeeSpirit.I do not know if I can be your friend because I am not native american.I know.Shocking! Hugh? I am mixed blood too. I have Russian and Itallian in me. I would have made a great mail order bride but I was already born here in America.The Itallian side of me must be that part that picks fights with my hubby at dinner time. When ever he complains about my fight picking at dinner time and how loud and dramatic I am , I just remind him it runs in my heart and soul. Lol !! So perhaps we have a LOT in common.
I can't say that I have ever felt my Russian/Itallian spirit go to my heart , soul or blood.Wait- yes I have!....i think I have.maybe.perhaps I need to reflect on that a bit.Naw.just gets me mad.:hypocrite
have fun!

jada100 12-07-2011 07:38 AM

hi looking for friends

hi cherokeespirit, im pocohantas. i would love to be your friend, i dont think we like to have enemies, we like friends whether your native or not, you have some right.hope to hear from you soon

silverwolf56 12-07-2011 10:02 AM

Siyo Cherokee Spirit:

If you need a friend I would most welcome you. My heritage is Creek and Cherokee an interesting mix coming from Georgia. I am a grandmother. Do have some knowledge of our heritage. There seems to be many of us that have the mix blood and due to the way things were many years ago it was better for our ancestors to not be Indian, in Georgia it would cost you your life in more ways than just death. I do beading, working on learning how to make dance shawls and have a couple of ribbon shirts under my belt.

So just let me know - I will be here and open to others out there seeking friends.

Wado

Silverwolf:tongue::xmas:

CherokeeSpirit 12-07-2011 03:28 PM

hi

I dont know alot of my Cherokee/Choctaw Heritage I am also German and English as far as I know.I know nothing of my moms heritage my Grandpa my moms dad would never talk about it he didnt think it was Important but I think everyone should know their roots and heritage dont you?I have been to many Pow-wows in the past I even had a Lady ask me what Tribe I was.She said I my features looked that of one of the Northern Tribes.I dont necessarliy belong to any tribe I am mixed.I told her I had Cherokee in me on my dads side of the family I didnt know about the Choctaw until my Aunt did some research on our ancestry and went as far back as the 1700s.Of course I want to have new friends regardless of their background.But I feel I connect more Spiritually to Native American People than anyone else.If that makes any sense it does to me.But its nice to meet you silverwolf56,jada100,and comadre and anyone else I may have missed Osiyo to you.Hope to meet more friends on here feel free to message me about anything youd like to ask me or tell me that goes to anyone I come across or who comes across me and wants to say hello.

Eagle released 12-08-2011 04:37 AM

(Excuse my English)
I am not native and even the American, I'm Italian, but I also want to know native people to learn more about their true history and customs...
Grandma Silverwolf interesting things you do, I'm learning the technique peyote, but can not find good beads and effort to do the job....
ok I'm here if you want to write to me!
(in English-Italian-Spanish)
BYE BYE :heartbeat
:638:

pigheaded 12-08-2011 11:16 AM

A full blooded tsa la gi spirit with mixed blood, a tsa la gi pocohantas from the upper N.East? Hmmm U s qu a n i go di!

:pepsi000: :eat00000:

jada100 12-08-2011 11:21 AM

hello, nice to meet you, i would like to try to learn that language, i dont know it, youll have to tell me what you said, all my family have past, i have looking into my heritage myself, it took me a long time, to get my great great granparents info, i am half cherokee i would love to go too a pow wow, but none close to me hope to talk too you soon.

comadre 12-08-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle released (Post 1501758)
(Excuse my English)
I am not native and even the American, I'm Italian, but I also want to know native people to learn more about their true history and customs...
Grandma Silverwolf interesting things you do, I'm learning the technique peyote, but can not find good beads and effort to do the job....
ok I'm here if you want to write to me!
(in English-Italian-Spanish)
BYE BYE :heartbeat

I am curious to ask why?

comadre 12-08-2011 01:32 PM

The best wisdom I ever received in native country. I learned this when I was 15 yrs old.I was a late bloomer.

:tapedshut:tapedshut:tapedshut:tapedshut:tapedshut :tapedshut:tapedshut

pigheaded 12-08-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comadre (Post 1501807)
The best wisdom I ever received in native country. I learned this when I was 15 yrs old.I was a late bloomer.

:hysterica
always goot advice

Eagle released 12-08-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comadre (Post 1501800)
I am curious to ask why?

Uhmm know what? :thinking:

comadre 12-08-2011 08:50 PM

You said "I am not native and even the American, I'm Italian, but I also want to know native people to learn more about their true history and customs..."

so I wondered why you want to learn their history and customs?Are you coming to our country and need to understand etiquette? Are you just curious? Maybe I am asking too many questions.I was just curious.

Joe's Dad 12-08-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comadre (Post 1501846)
You said "I am not native and even the American, I'm Italian, but I also want to know native people to learn more about their true history and customs..."

so I wondered why you want to learn their history and customs?Are you coming to our country and need to understand etiquette? Are you just curious? Maybe I am asking too many questions.I was just curious.

Check out c-mom..a rezzed out!!! :hysterica

subeeds 12-09-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comadre (Post 1501807)

You came close to owing me a keyboard because I nearly spewed coffee all over my laptop. And that's all I'm saying in this thread. :tapedshut

Eagle released 12-09-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comadre (Post 1501846)

I have always loved the native culture their spirituality, their way of living nature.
I have at heart the problems of the reserves, and in my small i'm trying to do something
If you read my presentation do you understand what i want to do! Read here
Also love their crafts, music and everything ...
Perhaps in the past i was native?
Don't worry you also all questions you want, the forum also exists for an exchange of questions and answers (I think!)
Bye Bye

comadre 12-09-2011 03:17 AM

Hello Eagle Released.
I like your name.And I also like that you want to be helpful to others.It is a quality that is rare these days.There are people here who can tell you who is a good organization to trust I'm sure.I am not that person though.
I've never been to Italy. What is the weather like? It has always seemed to me to be a romantic kind of place.Is that true?

pigheaded 12-09-2011 08:07 AM

Trying to connect to ur Italian heritage Cmama? rotflol. was ur great great great grandmama a Roman princess? maybe u really feel ur inner mafioso blood boil when ever you hear Italian music. :hysterica

Eagle released 12-09-2011 08:59 AM

Hello
it is true there is much selfishness I see many people throw away things that others may be useful.
Give a small object can make happy yourself and others!
Yes italy is a country very romantic but now has many (too many) problems...
I live 30 km from Venice One of the most romantic towns but very, very expensive!!
Bye to you soon.

Eagle released 12-09-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigheaded (Post 1501913)
Trying to connect to ur Italian heritage Cmama? rotflol. was ur great great great grandmama a Roman princess? maybe u really feel ur inner mafioso blood boil when ever you hear Italian music. :hysterica

Excuse me but i do not understand what you want to say and even with those who speak.
But i have to say that there is something i don't like .........
:thinking: