Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions i am australian but will be adopted as a cherokee this year i am australian but will be adopted as a cherokee this year

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #81
hello

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Is it Coincidence that you find these charlatans and confidence men and women far from Ndn Country???

That they seek out these "lost souls" and give them excatly what they are seeking. A measure of ndness and then take there money
Very smooth operators these conpeople of course they have been around for thousands of years

But ask your self these questions
1) Does it sound too good to be true?
2) All that I am asking for I am getting?
3) 500 dollars does not seem high

These should raise imediate flags!!! Hey wait a min should always be your next thought lets look at this

If you truly want to learn about a culture go and visit them
Reading a tourist guide will only tell you the things the Author thought was important!
Come to Oklahoma and drive to Tahlequah and see the Hertigage center which will give a look at cherokees 300 years ago
But to know us today
Drive North out of town to Gideon or RockyFord
Or South out to Bunch or Eveningshade
Or maybe West of town toward Hulbert or out in the woods to Lost City
Or to Stilwell east of town
you can drive all 4 directions out of town and hit a Cherokee

Or stay in town and come out to Birdtail where I lived growing up.

Thats where you come to meet a Cherokee and get to know them,

Or
Cherokee North Carolina

but certainly not in the middle of Kentucky

or

Indiana

or New Hampshire

Sheesh
but would you really welcome some touristy type coming up onto your land wanting to look at your cherokee-ness?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #82
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 37,423.92
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by superndngyrl View Post
but would you really welcome some touristy type coming up onto your land wanting to look at your Cherokee-ness?
HAHAH
of course
we charge by the hour
or photo
What do you think the Cherokee Holiday attracts every year???
I heard it was over a 90,000 visitors this year that came to Tahlequah!!

All kidding aside, my point is that you need to go to the area that you would find these tribes and make friends if you are truly serious about finding your roots
Otherwise...

p/o

Last edited by Josiah; 09-06-2007 at 09:34 PM..
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #83
wakalapi wacinkte

Tiki has a reputation beyond repute
Tiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
sounds iffy to me

Last edited by Tiki; 09-17-2007 at 05:33 PM..
Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #84
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 7,351.87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
Come to Oklahoma and drive to Tahlequah and see the Hertigage center which will give a look at cherokees 300 years ago
But to know us today
Drive North out of town to Gideon or RockyFord
Or South out to Bunch or Eveningshade
Or maybe West of town toward Hulbert or out in the woods to Lost City
Or to Stilwell east of town
you can drive all 4 directions out of town and hit a Cherokee

dude......this is pw.c.......you cant swing a dead mother board without hitting a cherokee around here

I know the voices arent real
but man, they have some great ideas
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #85
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Okay, I'm a little confused about that one.

Josiah is right. If people want to learn about Cherokee's they should go to either OK or NC and find things out first hand. Not read a book written by some idiot that maybe lived with a family for a month or a few months and thinks that they know everything about the life and how to live it and all of that. Many of the people who write stuff up aren't even Cherokee and have never been there or talked with anyone who has ever lived in the Territory. Too many people take a little of this and a little of that and throw it into a pot, stir it up and get SLOP. But this goes for anyone of any Tribal affiliation, they should go to where the tribe is and meet some of the people there and visit and learn about them. There's no big secrets or mystery there, just a normal lifestyle. NOt the hype that so many out there make it to be.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #86
Powwow Dude

Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluteMaker View Post
dude......this is pw.c.......you cant swing a dead mother board without hitting a Cherokee around here
Dude! Precisely my point!
I know of only two others from my neck of the woods that are on here that can "legitimately" claim Cherokee not some great great grandmother who was ravished
But actual Brown Skin Cherokees
there is a difference by the way
hahaha
NOt speaking for NC because they are not my people

Enuff said
Old 09-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #87
wakalapi wacinkte

Tiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond reputeTiki has a reputation beyond repute
so you have to be dark skinned or you are nothing?? in your opinion is someone who's ancestors aren't on the rolls for some reason not native? sounds messed up if that's what you mean. I hope I misunderstood.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #88
Powwow Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
so you have to be dark skinned or you are nothing?? in your opinion is someone who's ancestors aren't on the rolls for some reason not native? sounds messed up if that's what you mean. I hope I misunderstood.
Tiki you need to read the entire thread and not try to read into what I was saying true
This conversation started 4 or 5 posts ago about Charlatans and CON Artists that prey on People that have no "Legitimate Claim to being Cherokee
And these People seem to take up shop FAR from CHEROKEE LANDS to prey on people that are trying to Trace there ROOTS
And get charged THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS for there help!

So what I was saying to these peoples that are searching out there roots is go back to the source and find out for themselves
They will find no one charging them!!!
If you read the over 1200 posts that I have posted on this website you will find out more about where my Opinions lie...
Click on my name and then click on Threads Started by Josiah

And if you still disagree with what I am saying
Then you are lucky!
Because you live in a country where you can have your Opinion...
Josiah
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #89
wakalapi wacinkte

I wasn't disagreeing with you Josiah, I was unsure of what you were saying. Thanks for clearing that up. Yea I read the thread. It does seem like something is off there...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #90
Powwow King

redthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scaleredthunder is off the scale
Credits: 221.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I wasn't disagreeing with you Josiah, I was unsure of what you were saying. Thanks for clearing that up. Yea I read the thread. It does seem like something is off there...
I think a little more than 'something'.

LOL...i love this thread...i gotta come here more often. I wonder what happened to said strumpet.

"You need to find yourself a girl, mate... Or, perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]"
-Captain Jack Sparrow
redthunder is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #91
Thobias

Thobias is a jewel in the rough
rectum

why did she say over and over , that her husband had rectum cancer, thats private, right there she went public with something that should of stayed inside the family, she could of just said, passed away of cancer, thats it, no rectum cancer,
and why name yourself runningwater, sound like you have diarrhea
you cant name yourself first, that IS really pathetic
im from sweden, (live in LA) and i always been interested i native american culture, and have much respect for them ,
im married to a girl of mexican heritage,
i have had romantic dreams of become a oglala chief one day,haha,
and do the sun dance, and then be accepted by the tribe as a member,(when i was 7), now that would be impossible of course, but , i do wish and hope someday dance northen traditional at pow-wows,
anyway, runningwater is a hoax, its just some one having fun,

Last edited by Thobias; 09-19-2007 at 12:40 AM..
Thobias is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 PM   #92
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thobias View Post
why name yourself runningwhater, sound like you have diarrhea
Dude - that's the funniest post I've read all ay...

NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #93
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
I've wondered a few times (when I come to this thread) what ever happened to her as well. We never did hear back from her.LOL

Thobias: That was a good one. Gotta laugh at that one too.LOL

I still think she got involved with one of those "fake" tribes and, unfortunately, she will find out the hard way. She was warned many many times.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #94
Thobias

Thobias is a jewel in the rough
sad

well, i actually i thought that aussies, were smart people,(and most of them are , there is nuts everywhere, but thinking still that aussies where not like white folks in south carolina, "such as, cause they dont have maps"
but then again as white americans and white south africans and white aussies, wherever brittons have gone , tragedy has followed
so it might not be such a wonder that once in a blue moon, an aussie gets tired of dingos and "foster" beer, haha
or she just saw dances with wolfes or a man called horse, those movies get people started, trust im from over there( EU), and whenere there is a good romantic epic move about some people , we suddenly want that, like we dont have anything ourself, like there is something missing in our daily life, kevin costner did robin hood to,haha
maybe he should do something with the vikings, o wait thats what we scandinavians have ,the vikings , and i dont know if they want some folks from australia being vikings,
i think vikings adopt too, but way differently , haha
take care peace and good night
Thobias is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #95
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Present
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
FluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond reputeFluteMaker has a reputation beyond repute
Location: somewhere between chicago and DC, what day is it again?
Credits: 7,351.87
vikings could be cool..... then walmart would start stocking those horned helmets instead of the turkey feathers dipped in india ink and maybe the mascot folks could take a vacation since all the new mascots would be of a norse theame

I know the voices arent real
but man, they have some great ideas
FluteMaker is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #96
Banned

Creewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to beholdCreewoman05 is a splendid one to behold
Sitting here shaking my head, dam well just about spit my coffee out at the screen a few times
Creewoman05 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #97
Çã®pë ©ødëm

AMD-NDN is just really nice
O M!! now it's an international thing .... just O M F G!!!!!