Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions I donn know what I'm doing, GES I donn know what I'm doing, GES

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Gail405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thumbs up I donn know what I'm doing, GES

Now I have results. I'm, new and NON Native American. My son according my wife is half blood Sioux. My step grandson has Blackfoot in his ancestry. I'm German, born in America. My parents were Americans, I too like this forum.
My son and his family went to the Pottawatime reservation, and attended a POW Wow there, recently.They were very much impressed. Now I have located, another POW WOW in Kansas, coming up the 13th of November.We live in Kansas, wife and I. Son works in a town in Ne. and his wife also. So they spend some off time in Ne. Closer than Kansas. I've only been a Kansas resident almost 2 years now. I think I will take in this New POW WOW, W/ son and his family. Not sure yet.He has days off. Not sure about his wife. I'm a veteran. Inactive Airborne(Paratrooper.) Service connected, which has led me to a 100% disability.Given by Vet's Admn. I read some where I think, that it is a veteran's POW WOW. Not sure.It will be a new experience for me if we get to go!!?? I'm looking forward to a good day of absorbing and taking in what is offered, at the POW WOW.!! Best of luck to all you folks on the other side, of my computer. GES
Gail405 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2004, 07:37 PM   #2
**KB Supporter**

little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 36.82
I am confused!! Is it just me or is anyone else confused?
Old 11-06-2004, 02:51 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

To Little wolf. I am confused also. But with the assistance of the webmaster, have sorted out a lot of problems for a newcomer like myself. I'm still haveing some navigation problems on the site. But it is improveing for me. You might say I'm preping for my activities on this site. I'm reading (Cheyenne Autumn) by Mari Sandoz.,(Paper Medicine Man) by John G. Bourke, (Warriors of the Plains) Colin Taylor. I've read other books that relate to Native American, Indians. I'm still reading in the 1st book. Haven't started the other books. It is not my intent to offend any of the people that come to this forum. If I do unknowingly offend then I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know, about this offense. The best of luck to you all. I post on another forum, Paranormal type of forum. I find it good as this one, in my mind. I've been 2 months now on that forum. Maybe not even 2 weeks on this one. Not sure. I hope I will be fairly well accepted , as a white man can be on this forum. I bear no grudge.. Just want to post on something that I've experienced, a little bit of from time to time. And something that I think I know about. Also something that you other posters, can put up on the board, that you think would be beneficial to me. Not too much to ask I don't think? The site is here. A lot of developement has gone into this site. You should be proud, your webmaster is as he is. That's all for now. Gail 405 GES
Old 11-06-2004, 08:51 PM   #4
**KB Supporter**

little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
little wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond reputelittle wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 36.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail405
You should be proud, your webmaster is as he is. That's all for now. Gail 405 GES
Yes he is and I think I can I can speak for alot of us Paul is the MAN.. Now, about me posting to your thread here about being confused, that was suppose to of been for another thread.. Truly I don't know how that got here on your thread.. I appologize for that... But now yes, I am confused.. lol
Old 11-29-2004, 09:41 AM   #5
Junior Dancer

Well to all, I'm a bit smarter than when I first posted, on introductions. I've learned some of the drill, necessary to me, for this forum. I've been up, and down and in between as far as computering goes on this forum. I still like it on the whole.I've had words not specifically for anyone on the forum. I look forward as far as this forum goes, to some amount of success. We have had snow 2 days here in NC Kansas. It is still snowing. Roads slick underneath. 30 MPH is a top safe speed just at this time. No drifting as yet. I went to town for breakfast as usual this morning. Got home safely.Waiting for word from wife. She is in a more northern location, than I.Unless son took her car, she will make a slow trip, safely I hope to pick him up at his job site. That's about all the words I have to say, just now.GES
Old 11-29-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Gail,
from what i have read from your posts on various threads can i ask a question? Is your first language English or German? I am guessing that it may be German or another language and could be the reason why alot of us here get a bit confused by what you have to say. Im not saying that your posts are bad just that i myself have a hard time understanding what exactly it is that you are trying to say. It helps now that you have given a bit of background about yourself and your own heritage and I thankyou for sharing that with us, hopefully we can have a little more understanding towards you. I do appologize if I myself have offended you but sometimes on the Internet ya can run into some pretty weird people and you can get leary of them and what they are saying.

I am Half First Nations, My mother a full blooded Blackfoot Indian and my father a Full blooded German. I never knew my father but and was never raised in a traditional native setting, but i have always embraced my Native side it has always been for me, my heritage. I too learn new things about our people everyday and have been taught by some good elders, relatives and friends that have been very patient with me. I came here to pow wows.com to learn more about other Native cultures and I have to say that some people get offended easily for outsiders wanting to learn, Im mot sure exactly why but i take what i can get and learn form those willling to teach me, i listen to those willing to share and those that get mad about outsiders asking questions makes me wonder if they know as much as they claim. Its just my opinion. All in all I have really enjoyed the site and have learned tons and i think it is a great way to assist in the bringing together of Nations throughout the world.
Welcome Gail and patience is all that we can ask for :) and hope that we can make some good freindships here as well as learn and share with each other.
AngelFeather
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2004, 12:15 PM   #7
Junior Dancer

Angel Feather. My first language is English. I've studied German and Spanish. I'm not skilled W/ either. The language I post in is mine. A composite of my life and the experiences I've encountered both good and bad. I share my words and thoughts as they come to me. Sometimes they are rapid fire. Sometimes not so rapid fire. I feel I delve into life with both feet. Words are action to me . Thoughts control these action. I just lay them out as they seem sound to me. Usually never looking back to see what happened or I caused. I do feel guility at times. I am confident, agressive, believe in myself. I feel I've came to grips w/ myself, and came out on top. I believe in my god, Jehovah. Same to me as the Creater of yours or the Great Spirit of yours. I study the Bible for just the want of reading through it's stories. I'm mostly happy. I do have limitations, at times. Just now I feel I'm coasting, at this point in time. I'm a rattle mouth, and certain stimuli transform me into something else. Worse usually.So enough for now. Sorry I was late getting back to you. I'm trying to deal W/ some problems I've not found answers for as yet. Thanks for writing GES
Sponsored Links