PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Introductions (http://forums.powwows.com/f44/)
-   -   Looking for an old friend of mine... a VERY long shot... (http://forums.powwows.com/f44/looking-old-friend-mine-very-long-shot-70336/)

LucilleK 11-29-2016 02:11 AM

Looking for an old friend of mine... a VERY long shot...

I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for an old friend of mine. Haven't been able to contact him since around 1995 and have no idea where to start. His name is John, native, tallish, extensive burn scarring on his face and part of his upper chest and one shoulder. Much like me - cynical, likes to keep to himself and out of the way. Hermit (I'd be honestly surprised if even in this day and age he has an internet connection). Would be more than 70 by now. Atheist in every sense of the word (last time I saw him, but who knows what changes in 20 years?). skeptic and yet - if you know him would have some very strange stories to tell you. Sorry, that's all the way I can describe him since we were in a very strange situation together and didn't exchange a whole lot of identifying details (last names, where from ect.) So I am hoping this strikes a cord with someone - he usually stays in or around the rez which is why I'm posting this here. Please contact me privately if you know him - thank you for your time. Also, sorry if I posted this elsewhere on this forum, I didn't see it show up so I'm not sure if I'm doing things right.

milehighsalute 11-29-2016 07:58 PM

whoa.....

i know him....i just ran into him last week

he said he had a feeling someone was seeking him out

he aged well....still looks good

wardancer 11-29-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1629804)
whoa.....

i know him....i just ran into him last week

he said he had a feeling someone was seeking him out

he aged well....still looks good

MHS , It is good that you can help this seeker of knowledge.........in that waaaay ! Ha-ho !

milehighsalute 11-30-2016 11:05 AM

cmon man......you know john.....the tall guy with the scar that hangs around the rez

dude knows how to PAR-TAY!!!

TOGA!! TOGA!! TOGA!!!

wardancer 11-30-2016 11:24 AM

Yeah , I used to party with him ! He's pretty fun but then he quit drinking and now he's kinda a stick in the mud......You know guys like that !

gilisi 11-30-2016 11:37 AM

If I had a nickel for all the "strange situations" I been in with a girl :naughty2:

wardancer 11-30-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilisi (Post 1629821)
If I had a nickel for all the "strange situations" I been in with a girl :naughty2:

You're in one now !!! It's called "MARRIAGE" :rofl:

gilisi 11-30-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer (Post 1629825)
You're in one now !!! It's called "MARRIAGE" :rofl:

Yeah, and instead of nickels I got KIDS :lol:

milehighsalute 11-30-2016 03:59 PM

what would john say about that?

gilisi 11-30-2016 04:34 PM

:hysterica

eagleclanriverband 12-04-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1629832)
what would john say about that?

Hey, next time you see John, you should ask him & let us know what he says.

Wow....this is amazing MHS that you know him! :wink:

You know, in my family, we always say what small world the NDN world is.

True story: Years before I was born, there was this one time my uncle snuck down to Chicago for the weekend & didn't tell anyone he was going.

He was spotted at the train station in Chicago by another tribal member. Of course word got around & questions of why was he there, what was he doing, etc. Funny thing...he never said why.

Respectfully, I was thinking to myself, maybe John doesn't want to be found. ???? :lol:

wardancer 12-04-2016 09:43 PM

well , to be honest , the last time I saw John he was dancin' with this white chick ! When the song was over he came over and told me I could have her cause he hadda go pick up his wife from work. I said " Not me , I'm allergic to white women !":rofl: We try to send them all over to Joe'sDad and MHS !

Joe's Dad 12-05-2016 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer (Post 1629895)
well , to be honest , the last time I saw John he was dancin' with this white chick ! When the song was over he came over and told me I could have her cause he hadda go pick up his wife from work. I said " Not me , I'm allergic to white women !":rofl: We try to send them all over to Joe'sDad and MHS !

I have not used a white wOman in a long time!

I did use the name 'John' when I was in Chicago once.

milehighsalute 12-06-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer (Post 1629895)

i knew a dakota cheif named wounded bear who said under no circumstances would he make boom boom with white women

i guess too many of them were lusting after him