Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree59Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Newbie. Newbie.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #21
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by running_with_buffs View Post
is she greek or creek?
Holly has asked us to delete her account here.

So, let us say our "farewells"

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.

And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #22
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
Holly has asked us to delete her account here.
Dorothy From the Wizard of Oz: "Oh my, people come and go so quickly here!"
Stands Alone likes this.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #23

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 14,163.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post
Dorothy From the Wizard of Oz: "Oh my, people come and go so quickly here!"
Some people don't have patience or other problems or it just doesn't meet their expectations afterall.
Stands Alone and docat like this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #24
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Some people don't have patience or other problems or it just doesn't meet their expectations afterall.

I think we weren't giving her enough attention. With that contest on, she probably didn't get as many people welcoming her as she would have liked.

It's a good thing when new people come in, just to take the time to say WELCOME. That's one of the reasons I like that side bar with the "New Threads" on it. We can see who puts up an introductory thread and we can go in and say Welcome.

I also propose that we should make a habit amongst us, a code of honor type thing, NOT to dissect a person's genealogy or tribal affiliations in their introductory post. If they use NDN words or say something new agey, we can just gloss over it, and not question.

I think by using some NDN words, she was trying to show her FRIENDLINESS. It's sort of like when you go to a Mexican restaurant and say Gracias to someone there, when that's about the only Spanish you know.

I think it takes a lot of fortitude to post the first time, and if the experience is a good one, then we don't scare them off. And if it isn't a good experience, people will leave without giving us a chance.

For the intro, it would be good just to say WELCOME and we hope you like it here and perhaps "LIKE" the new person's post to get him/her started feeling LIKED.

Just a suggestion.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #25
Junior Dancer

running_with_buffs has a reputation beyond repute
running_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond reputerunning_with_buffs has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,080.18
Good thoughts do....but just caue some people that come on here are "new agey" as you put it does that mean we have to act like that? I don't think so..I know she was trying to be nice using cherokee words to greet everybody.I was going to say somthing too before josiah did.I think that josiah did it in the best way possible I could tell he was just asking and not drilling her...to me he was polite.if you say your creek and come off using cherokee words people who grew up with some traditional values are gonna wonder about you.josiah was so helpful he even posted a link for her on creek languages.I don't know how you or any of you grew up personally,I will tell you this my grandparents loved me. But when it came to knowing who you are they where not easy going about it they where strict almost mean about it at times me and my brothers and sisters didn't get to play around when it came to our ceromonies.it was all serious when it came to that stuff.so me and some others like I think josiah maybe was brought up knowing who we are and had to go threw things to get the knowledge about our people threw sacrificing things like time sleep and food even to gain what little some of us know.so to me josiah was not rude one bit to her. He actually tried to help her.because I thought that some of this site was for learning.so when people come on here I can see why people act the way the do.they have a little knowledge and prabably earned it.
running_with_buffs is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #26
Pow Wow Visitor

Holly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 933.91
Cool

LOL some of you all are way too funny I am back now all is well and let's not put me down here. I don't need attention from anyone on here and I am sure not looking for it. I had a problem on here and so I left. I thought I give it a try again and come back to this site.
Holly35 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #27
Pow Wow Visitor

Holly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond reputeHolly35 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 933.91
[QUOTE=Holly35;1588381]LOL some of you all are way too funny I am back now all is well and let's not put me down here. I don't need attention from anyone on here and I am sure not looking for it. I had a problem on here and so I left. I thought I give it a try again and come back to this site. And no Josiah did not make me leave off this site it was something else.
Holly35 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #28
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
welcome to the board!!
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #29

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 14,163.14
Welcome back to Powwows.com
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links