Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Newcomers please read.... Newcomers please read....

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #1
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lightbulb Newcomers please read....

I thought I would put this here so that new people coming in can read it. Once you get used to how this site works, I would say that it's not only the best site I have ever been to but also the most fun. It is very easy to get addicted too. If you want to know what the green is (under your username,) it's reputation. You can give out rep. by clicking on the gray scales at the bottom of a user's box, after clicking on it, a pop up box will appear that says:
0 I approve of this comment
0 I dissapprove of this comment.
To give rep make sure I approve is checked and there will be a place at the bottom of it for you to write comments. The person you rep. can read these comments, so if u want rep back, sign your name after your comment so that person will know who wrote it. Also, you can read your own reps by clicking on USER CP at top of any page. They are below the threads that you are subscibed to.

The points system is pretty much automatic. The more you post and stuff, the more points you earn and can eventually use the points menu. By the time you have enough points to do this, you should be pretty familiar with the site.

I hope this helps someone, and if you are new and read this
Welcome to PWS and have fun posting and making friends, there are tons of good ppl here!

But I've been told it's the other way around!
~pathwalker~ is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #2
multiplied by twilights

MBT has a spectacular aura about
Location: 40 degrees 47 North Latitude by 78 degrees 58 West Longitude
Talking

Dang! I thought my rep was a'flowin' all natural and stuff! Ayyeee
MBT is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #3
PowWows.com Addicts

~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute~pathwalker~ has a reputation beyond repute
Give and you shall receive! But sign your own username, not the person your reppins name!
Your gettin there MBT!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
multiplied by twilights

MBT has a spectacular aura about
Location: 40 degrees 47 North Latitude by 78 degrees 58 West Longitude
Wink

Back atcha!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

Annit is on a distinguished road
Annit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

Annit is on a distinguished road
i don't know what i just did but sometimes i feel like a bull in a china shop in these pc rooms. call me an ole fogey! But just wanted to say your thread has already helped. i am Kiowa Lady from Oklahoma and have been searching for skinz on the net...finally, i have found some i don't have to pay to talk to. (i'm cheap too) thanx
Annit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2005, 06:17 AM   #7
PowWows.com Addicts

Welcome to Powwows there are tons of good people here and I am sure you will find a friend or two or even hundreds. By the way, where in the world would you have to pay to talk to NDN's, unreal!

Old 03-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
Little Wildcat

Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 303.13
good idea to post it here pathwalker! cuz im sure everyone else is as confused as i was lol
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

-Tecumseh
Usdigvhi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #9
PowWows.com Addicts

Making getting green easy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usdigvhi
good idea to post it here pathwalker! cuz im sure everyone else is as confused as i was lol
Thanx Usdigvhi.....
I have been getting reps and PM,s saying that this has helped people, I give out green for anyone that post's here or PM's me But as I was just now looking at my own reps given to me, I have noticed one thing...

Newcomers are still NOT signing their name in the comment section of reppies, so we have no idea who they are coming from. Soooo....
Unless it is a bad rep, then sign your username after your comment, that way we can give thanx and green back too you.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
OH HELL, SIGN THE BAD REPS TOO! DON'T BE A BUNCH OF WUSSES! If you have something negative to say to someone...you should be brave enough to let them know it's from you!
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #11
Little Wildcat

Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Usdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond reputeUsdigvhi has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 303.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pathwalker~
Thanx Usdigvhi.....
I have been getting reps and PM,s saying that this has helped people, I give out green for anyone that post's here or PM's me But as I was just now looking at my own reps given to me, I have noticed one thing...

Newcomers are still NOT signing their name in the comment section of reppies, so we have no idea who they are coming from. Soooo....
Unless it is a bad rep, then sign your username after your comment, that way we can give thanx and green back too you.
sweet! ive been giving rep to the new people too......and it keeps not letting me give rep to you or anybody else ive already given it too! says i have to keep spreadin it around....im runnin low on people lol

ive got a few that nobodys signed too. the first couple times i gave rep i didnt sign it but then i started signin it when i realized i was supposed to lol
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

-Tecumseh
Usdigvhi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

Don't scare them off C...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonah04
OH HELL, SIGN THE BAD REPS TOO! DON'T BE A BUNCH OF WUSSES! If you have something negative to say to someone...you should be brave enough to let them know it's from you!
I just thought since they aren't even signing the comments as is.... that they may be afraid of the repercussions of giving out bad rep. We aren't all perfect, ya know...

BTW, Got any songs for a newcomer?
You know how much I love your songs, right? So get your guitar and sing us one of your hot songs and I promise not to sing aloud. Because I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! (Waynes World-The Movie)
and we will then
R U UP TO IT?

Old 03-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #13
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, a challenge, eh? well then OK....
*cracks knuckles* *tunes guitar* *remembers he's tone deaf* *looks for electronic tuner*

THE ANSWERS FOR NEWBIES RAG, OR "FEEL LIKE I'M FIXIN' TO POST"
(key of G)

Well look what I found in cyber space Tom, a website with the name of powwows.com
It's got NDNs, twinkies, wannabes and more and all kinds of topics, and sections galore

There's games and polls, photos and such...and chattin and snaggin really too much
why I think I'll post in somebody's thread...some of the stories that fill my head

let's see I just click my mouse...and type in sayin I'm now in the house
It all is done in a few easy steps..wait what the **** is givin or gettin reps?

CHORUS

So come on and post in PW.com...make up a name an avy and profile
don't worry about the pain of carpal tunnel it'll only hurt for a while
Think of all the good data and thoughts depicted...never fear being addicted
Logic and humor, and many good jokes..all at the cost of a few keystrokes!

Man there's lots more to this than just the forum...cool pics etc can't ignore 'em
how do I get rep, good or bad...and have as many points as BEG or Joe's dad?
who will help me navigate this site...and understand it gives points when I write?
Oh look, there's a menu up top in black..even a section with help on FAQs
What the *** is a FAQ? glad you asked it's frequently asked questions to help with your tasks..

So if you're a newbie with lots of questions..go to FAQ and the other sections
all you need is posted within..with menus, help cues and virus protection

REPEAT CHORUS
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2005, 01:15 AM   #14
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 118,585.58
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
*cracks knuckles* *tunes guitar* *remembers he's tone deaf* *looks for electronic tuner*

(key of G)

Well look what I found in cyber space Tom, a website with the name of powwows.com
It's got NDNs, twinkies, wannabes and more and all kinds of topics, and sections galore

There's games and polls, photos and such...and chattin and snaggin really too much
why I think I'll post in somebody's thread...some of the stories that fill my head

CHORUS

Man there's lots more to this than just the forum...cool pics etc can't ignore 'em
who will help me navigate this site...and understand it gives points when I write?
What the *** is a FAQ? glad you asked it's frequently asked questions to help with your tasks..

REPEAT CHORUS
'C'....Let me know when the CD goes on sale. I want to be the first one to buy it!!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2005, 05:29 AM   #15
PowWows.com Addicts

For Real, WOW....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
'C'....Let me know when the CD goes on sale. I want to be the first one to buy it!!!!
You even gave us an original song! I think I lub you!
You rock dude!

Don't worry JD cause I still lUV YOU!

Old 03-12-2005, 07:22 AM   #16
Powwows Gathering

Yaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond repute
Yaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond reputeYaquila has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
Thumbs up

Thanks for the input
Yaquila is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-12-2005, 06:04 PM   #17
PowWows.com Addicts

Talking That's why I wrote it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
Thanks for the input
When I first got here, things were a little confusing but since I have figured it all out, I have found it to be the best on the internet. Have fun posting and Meeting people and pretty soon your green will be full. Don't forget to give back...
~PW~

Old 03-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #18
Cloud Dancer

AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
AngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond reputeAngelFeather has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

(key of G)

CHORUS

REPEAT CHORUS

Lmao.. I noticed i started to tap Muh toe, got into that little song of yours.... LMAO.. got a tune going in my head and the sound of maybe a banjo... LMAO..
Ohh MAn C.. . Im still Lmebo

***NOTE*** Like Colonah Said... Sign ALL your REP.. good and BAD...

Last edited by AngelFeather; 03-12-2005 at 07:11 PM..
AngelFeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #19
pow-wow princess

a_m_beene80 is a jewel in the rough
Wink

thanks for the info. i was one confused ndn for a while.
a_m_beene80 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2005, 06:31 PM   #20
Pow Wow Visitor

LadyHeyoka is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your advice! I'm a new user that was getting thoroughly confused! I'm catching on, little by little, and this helped a LOT!!!
LadyHeyoka is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links