Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions SirLOL say's: Osiyo ale wado SirLOL say's: Osiyo ale wado

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #41
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hay, you might be Joe's dad... but i'ma Chef! A great Cheef of my people! Who are you Cheif of? I make an account, and you go strait to this thread and pick on me! What a bummer. You must have very soft knees, some of us have knees made of iron. In fact, that is one of my specul names that was givin to me, Cheef Iron Knee.

But bless you anyway my friend.

Waldo.
BigChef is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #42
Tiny Tot Dancer

BigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond reputeBigChef has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
Yeah, but he also said bozhoo and tanka...must be one of them edjumacated multilingual dudes.
Yes i speak English and Indian.

Chi; Ahéhee
Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #43
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChef View Post
osiyo
I for one appreciate your words sirlol. I also think you should move by your mothers people, maybe you can help them to find their way again. It's cool that you and your wife are both Chef's. What tribe is she Chef of? Also; I knoe a man who makes flutes, I will see if I can get one for you. His flutes make the most beautiful of sounds and to hear them truly makes the spirits soar!

Boohzo tanka, Wado.
Quote:
Hay, you might be Joe's dad... but i'ma Chef! A great Cheef of my people! Who are you Cheif of? I make an account, and you go strait to this thread and pick on me! What a bummer. You must have very soft knees, some of us have knees made of iron. In fact, that is one of my specul names that was givin to me, Cheef Iron Knee.

But bless you anyway my friend.

Waldo.
So are you a Chef, a Cheef or a Cheif????

I didn't pick on you. And how can sirmixalot help his mother's (he never said if it was his mother's or father's people. He said it was his GRANDMOTHER'S people ) if the poor guy doesn't even know his own way??? (Sorry whitechiefy dude!)

My knees are ok for the most part. They pop once in a while, but that comes with old age.

Good luck there, Iron Chef!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #44
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,329.56
SirLOL/WhiteChief,

Like many mixed-bloods raised away from the culture and the people you seem to have very romantic view of Native people. But now just as in the days of the dead noble ancestors, we're just folks. Sometimes spiritual, sometimes profane. Sometimes serious, some times not. But always real people with all the faults and virtues of any other people.

Most of us have had too many born-again mixed-blood and newly found Indians come and demand we conform to some unreal image of our ancestors. They want everything to fulfill a whiteman's conception of a pristine and sacred Indian life, where like A Man Called Horse they can be reborn into our skins. Most leave disappointed that we can't -- and don't want to -- play a role in their reverse captivity narrative. And most in a final attempt to get their way declare us to be a disgrace or even not real Indians. The ignorance and arrogance astounds.

What I was taught was you learn by being humble and patient. You use your eyes and ears rather than your mouth. And truth is found by accepting what is rather projecting what you want.

If you want to go to corner a sulk, I'm sure you can find a crystal licking "shaman" in the crop circle tribe to dress up and play Indian with. Or you learn from this and see who the people you claim as kin really are; you might just be surprised.

Last edited by OLChemist; 12-12-2009 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: Proofreading, not just a good idea.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #45
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,329.56
Ok, I was going to play it straight, but...

Quote:
Waldo.

Where's Waldo anyway?
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #46
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Ok, I was going to play it straight, but...

Where's Waldo anyway?
He's behind the Chef cooking over in the corner somewhere.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #47
Tiny Tot Dancer

I would answer you Dad if i knu exactly how to spell it rite. Spelling is not my strongest suite.

Oh, I didnt kno it was his grandmothers people. WhiteCheif (or Chef however its spelled) Im sorry if i got your mom or dad mixed up. It probably doesnt matter anyway since you've found out that your people forgot what it was to be Indian. Here your family lost its way while the people kept theirs and you went and found it in your heart and dreams and here they go and lose it! What irony!

I really admire you for wanting to move near them and help them. Its going to take a lot of work to help them embrase the values they once had and to become proud Indians again. Good luck and manyfolded blessings upon you!

(Havent heard from the flute man yet, but will keap trying!)
Old 12-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #48
Tiny Tot Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy tiger View Post
He's behind the Chef cooking over in the corner somewhere.
What does cooking have to do with beaing Chef?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 AM   #49
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What does cooking have to do with beaing Chef?

Oh boy, I'm not the best speller in the world and I will gladly admit it.

But a "Chief" is a person how is a "Leader", not a "Chef".

A "Chef" is a person who cooks, usually for a fancy place or something like that--but not always.

And who are you the "Chief" for anyway? You've used the words of a couple of Nations and I'm just wondering with which one you actually identify yourself with and who your people are?

*I know I'm going to regret asking those questions here in a minute folks.LOL*
Old 12-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #50
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
I wanna hear the answer too.

I'm bored and just lurking! hahahaaaa

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 12-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #51
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
and I kinda like cheefymixalot's stories. It reminds me of my days in the late 60's when Timothy Leary was NOT dead! LOL

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 12-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #52
Head Dancer

Items Cake
LMAO--wasn't that the psychodelic (spelling?) era?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #53
Married Wardancer!!

Items PresentPresent
eyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond repute
eyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond reputeeyesrbrown4areason has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,822.81
heck, I guess, while we are asking, what does the LOL in Sir Lol stand for?????? Perhaps Loose Old Lips, am I right??????

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.

The occasion...........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.
eyesrbrown4areason is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #54
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
They were pretty psycho, those days!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 12-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #55
Head Dancer

Items Cake
LMAO--yeah that's what I thought.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #56
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesrbrown4areason View Post
heck, I guess, while we are asking, what does the LOL in Sir Lol stand for?????? Perhaps Loose Old Lips, am I right??????
LOL stands for 'mixalot'!!!

Hi Mrs. wd!!!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 12-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #57
Tiny Tot Dancer

Oh, I see. How do i change my name? I am not a cook, thats for sure. Last time I tryed to cook I think I almost killed my dog Willie. My tummy didnt feal to good either for many moons.

Im not sure about nations, but the words are from the Indian language.

Dad I'm kinda board to. Lurking is what those nasty people do though isnt it?
I like mixalots stories too, they are pretty soothing. I hope you all dont scare him off. I'd like to hear more from him. Either he is a native missing the t, or yall lost it. As for me, im just trying to keep it real like that company that makes the strawberry shortcake ice cream.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #58
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
I, for one, like your name, Mr Iron Chef!!!

And yep, that's pretty much what lurkers do!!!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #59
Head Dancer

Items Cake
Quote:
Oh, I see. How do i change my name? I am not a cook, thats for sure. Last time I tryed to cook I think I almost killed my dog Willie. My tummy didnt feal to good either for many moons.

Im not sure about nations, but the words are from the Indian language.

Dad I'm kinda board to. Lurking is what those nasty people do though isnt it?
I like mixalots stories too, they are pretty soothing. I hope you all dont scare him off. I'd like to hear more from him. Either he is a native missing the t, or yall lost it. As for me, im just trying to keep it real like that company that makes the strawberry shortcake ice cream.

Oh wow.

Okay, I don't know how to change your name.

I know many people, men and women who can't cook.

But where you got me now is you said in an earlier post that you are the "Chief" of your people and asked Joe's dad who he was "Chief" of. Now above you say you are not sure about "Nations" but know the words are form the Indian Language. Um, you just totally double talked yourself. If you are a "Chief" who are you the Chief of? You opened the door when you asked Joe's Dad that question, now it's our turn. And I'm not a Chief so that doesn't apply to me at all.

Okay, so where do those "Indian words" that you used like you did come from then? Do you know? What tribe?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 AM   #60
Tiny Tot Dancer

So Sirlol gets to be the white cheef and nobody argues his name? Joe's Dad likes my name I was hoping you'd like it too. I cant really tell you how i got the name (its a really cool story tho). But maybe they did say Chef and I got it confused. I dont know, it kinda hurts when i concentrate.

I am sorry that not everyone knoes of the indian language. If you saw more tv and read more books you'd could probably learn about it. I also wish Sirlol would come and tell us some of his wonderful stories so I can hear them. Tiger, I wish I could tell you about the Iron Knee, but some people must follow their own path to see it clearly.

Hoka Hey!
Sponsored Links