Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Um...Hello? Um...Hello?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
OR-born Fancy Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Fancy_Shawl_CG is just really nice
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Um...Hello?

Hi my fellow powwow people out there! I'm new, duh! I'm going to try to find my way around and may occasionally ask for help.

A little about me:
I started attending the local powwow when I was seven and the Fancy Shawl girls enchanted me. I went for 3 more years before a pair of Elders caught me behind the bleachers trying to dance with a blanket that was way too big. They told me and my mom that I should go out and dance next year; I was brought up that when Elders tell you something, you listen. So...

I started Fancy Shawl Dancing when I was in 6th grade (11 years old) and competed through my freshman year of high school (14). After I learned I had arthritis in my knees from a car accident in 7th grade, I cut back my sophomore year to exhibition only; I did that for a year before I had to give up in favor of my health. My parents suggested jingle or traditional dancing to keep me at it but I said no. I liked going fast, but the competition wasn't worth it, they were biased against a blond haired blue-eyed Cherokee girl placing 3rd her first year.

Now, having entering my first year of college halfway across the country, I feel I've lost my touch with dancing past. I'm slowly working my muscles back up to what they used to be so I can dance again and maybe get some other girls to join in. After all, if nothing else, it's a great way to exercise every muscle.

So there's a little, okay maybe more than a little, about me. I hope to be here often.
Fancy_Shawl_CG is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,323.85
Savings: 1.00
greetings FANCY_SHAWL very nice to meet you. most of what you have written i can relate to, even though i am not blond or blue eyed. im glad you posted what you did here. i like meeting people and getting to know them. especially since i have alot of health issues to deal with. i dont get out much and since i moved here to the east coast from the west, i dont know anyone and get lonely. i miss the powwows and dancing. so i am glad to meet you! perhaps we will run across each other in the threads....ps, alot of people were away at powwow broadcast this weekend, that may be why i am your first post.

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
OR-born Fancy Dancer

Fancy_Shawl_CG is just really nice
I was wondering where everyone was, thanks for letting me know.

I went to powwows at home even though I couldn't dance and after I moved over here from my home in Oregon, I felt a bit... disconnected, I guess. My college has convocations though and and this week's features the Kevin Locke Native Dance Ensemble so maybe something will spark.
Fancy_Shawl_CG is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Junior Dancer

Dawn_B is a splendid one to beholdDawn_B is a splendid one to beholdDawn_B is a splendid one to behold
welcome.. see ya in the threads
Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome and keep givin er sister!

Peace
OD
Old 12-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 97,069.47
Savings: 52.80
Welcome to PowWows.com

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
Waiting

Ahinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud ofAhinawake has much to be proud of
Welcome! I love your signature, and I wish you the best of luck as you get back into dancing! I couldn't survive without fancy shawlin'. I can relate to you, for though I'm neither blonde haired nor blue eyes, I have white skin, and some people at the powwows automatically think that white skin=twinkie wannabe. So not always the case!
Ahinawake is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-2007, 05:24 AM   #8
FANMAKR

spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
spottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond reputespottedeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 819.61
Welcome to Powwows.com!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans
spottedeagle is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
~Erica~

eap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond reputeeap7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
Welcome to powwows.com!!
eap7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 AM   #10
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
Hello and welcome to the site!
Old 12-26-2007, 02:30 PM   #11
tainomark

eagle feather is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

welcome to this wonderful site,i am also new and like you hope to meet a lot of people
eagle feather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #12
Loving Life

RainbowSpiriDancer is a name known to all
Credits: 200.00
Hi and welcome. I'm new too. I hope to meet everyone here someday. I plan to attend The Gathering of Nations in New Mexico this year.
RainbowSpiriDancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links