Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree105Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Introductions Where is everyone from? Where is everyone from?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2015, 04:07 PM   #2181
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DakkOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 117.00
Savings: 0.00
22 year old Native American arist from Canada

Big Things Music Video Release

Dakk'One is an unsigned Native American hip-hop artist from Canada, who's music is innovative and attracts a wide audience range. From Saskatoon to Vancouver, Dakk'One has set out to fulfill his life long dream of being a successful hip-hop artist and is now currently working on a 5 track EP recorded with Juno Award winning producer 'Rob The Viking' which is set to be released this winter.

Shot and directed by Canadian Film Maker , Matt Leaf, 'Big Things' is the lead single on the upcoming EP titled 'Fame or Destruction'. 'Big Things' triggers motivation and captures the beauty of finding inspiration in everyday. Dakk'One has a unique sound that attracts a diverse crowd and this track he chose to promote his EP is a great representation of that.

Matt works with many clients including Universal Music, Nettwerk, CTV, MTV, Much Music and many more.

Watch Dakk'One's music video to 'Big Thing's here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeIQlsWjq70
DakkOne is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2015, 04:38 AM   #2182
Pow Wow Visitor

crystina0211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 102.00
new to site

Hi all,

I a very glad I found this site. I am desperately trying to find a school,preferably online that teaches native American history. I am half Cherokee and would love to learn as much as I can about my heritage. I am also a book work and have purchased many books about native American beliefs, etc. I am so happy to have found this site and possibility meeting new friends!
I am also on Facebook. I am just so happy I found this forum and hopefully many friends. I just wanted to introduce myself: Crystina Mefford from Northern California. Also if anyone knows of any online native American courses I would be much appreciative to get the info! I hope to make many friends on here!

Last edited by Toolbox; 11-28-2015 at 08:57 PM..
crystina0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-2015, 09:00 AM   #2183
Pow Wow Visitor

BlueMental is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 112.00
Greetings All.

My User Name :- BlueMental is a more natural name for me. Yet I am known by quite a few names. I am from South Africa, and not I am not a Native American, and (as far as I know) none of my ancestors were either.

I am however a kind of 'mixed breed' South African. My father was a Latvian (Baltic States ex USSR) and he was what is loosely called a 'Russian Jew'.

My mother was Afrikaans from German ancestry, but in her line there was also Black African ancestry. From the Afrikaans perspective they (pretty racist in general in those days) preferred to deny this, so no one really knows exactly which ancestor it was.

Now my surname (from my fathers side) is Blumenthal, which you can see is almost the same as BlueMental. Blumen is a derivative of German (and Yiddish) for Flower, while Thal or Dal is the derivative for Valley. So my surname means if directly translated, Flower Valley.

My mothers parents hated my dad, because he was Jewish and they were fascists. My fathers parents were suspicious of my mother since she came (as they called it) from Nazi Roots.

This meant that our family was never accepted by either 'clan' - for want of a better word.

So I grew up, seeing both sides of both cultures. the good parts and the bad. I chose to prefer to see the good parts in all cultures, but it is not easy to always succeed.

Why BlueMental is valid as my more 'natural' name, is because, I like the colour blue. A lot is said about colour by all the 'experts', but if the following quote is valid, then 'vibes' are very similar to mine. :-
"Blue represents both the sky and the sea, and is associated with open spaces, freedom, intuition, imagination, expansiveness, inspiration, and sensitivity. Blue also represents meanings of depth, trust, loyalty, sincerity, wisdom, confidence, stability, faith, heaven, and intelligence."

Why the 'Mental' part fits me well, is that almost everyone I meet consider me to be 'insane' in some way or in totality. They think me mad because I find it insane to go to work every day, work for a boss who knows nothing, earns more than you and acts like he has the right to tell you what to do, how to live and when to do it.

They think me mad because I consider sales marketing, politics, religion, laws, schooling and just about everything else they consider 'civilised' to be manipulative lies that place a few in power and the rest in slavery.

Another name I am known by is 'Nongalwan,' which is a Pondo (an Black African Tribe that were Xhosa many, many ancestors ago, but split to become their own culture) name meaning 'One Arm'.

I live in a Pondo area, and I have one arm. What I like about this name, is that it is honest and easy to remember - not the word (for non-Pondo's,) but it's meaning.

My first name given to me by my parents, is Lance. This comes from the spear like weapon the knights used in the past. It is also valid as a surgical procedure, to lance a boil, which means to cut to release poison. In a military mindset, knights - with lances - tend to charge and destroy.
My middle name is Grant, which means give or bestow. If you receive a grant from someone, it is something given and no fee or repayment required.

90% of the time I live in 'grant' mode. When I need to, I swap to Lance mode.

People sometimes ask me what I do. Yet they don't (most of the time) believe my answer until they actually get to know me.
I do just about everything, and I do it well. One thing I am not good at is electronics.

My fields (most used ones) are:-
Fitter and Turner.
Tool and Die Maker.
Machine Design.
Machine Maker.
Inventor.
Artist.
Poet.
Drummer ( Jembe )

I think that gives you a reasonable introduction of what I do.

But my main 'purpose' in this lifetime, is being a seed planter. I plant mind/spiritual/metaphysics seeds.

Most of the people in this world (at least the ones that like to call themselves 'civilised') are so fast asleep, they consider honest truth as lies and madness. They do not really want to wake up, because the first thing that means is that they have to admit that they are responsible for the sad state the world is in.

So since they cannot hear truth directly, the small seeds slowly grow and force them to actually start thinking, start being honest, start saying what they mean and meaning what they say. While they are asleep, they are trustworthy for only one thing, that they will lie.

My aim is to find other people who are eager to live in a world of awake people. People that live here, now. Not in their dreams of a tomorrow that will never be, or their regrets of their yesterdays that are gone like water under the bridge.

Let me know if you are interested in doing things - positive things - in the now that do wake people up without turning them into angry anti-conspiracy lunatics.

BlueMental
BlueMental is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-03-2016, 07:11 AM   #2184
Pow Wow Visitor

NahimanaSung is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 391.97
Currently living in the south of France !
NahimanaSung is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2016, 08:52 PM   #2185
rydenbul

rydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond reputerydenbul has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,253.27
I'm Indiana
rydenbul is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #2186
Teen Dancer

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,095.07
Germany on the west side of the Rhine close to the Border of the Netherlands.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2017, 02:56 AM   #2187
Pow Wow Visitor

Sakutama is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 130.01
Originally from Missouri but now living abroad in Japan. I'm not Native American but very much interested in learning about all the different cultures and teaching my son about them as he grows up. I've decided to stop celebrating Thanksgiving and change that holiday into a Native American culture day, so will try some recipes, buying music from native artists to support the , and try some crafts (without selling of course!) and someday I hope we can visit the National Museum of the American Indian in New York. I'm also planning to educate my son about the Ainu in Japan, but that's getting a bit off topic. Sorry this turned into my intro, for some reason my original intro hasn't shown up the last few days. Thanks for letting me be here to learn!
Sakutama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #2188
Liz Broken Arrow

LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,236.41
Born and raised in New York. Now living in New Jersey.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links